GAME #16: Gophers (12-3, 1-1) @ Penn State (9-6, 0-2) [BTN, 1/8, 6:00PM]

A win...is a win. We cannot shot this poorly every game can we?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very ugly win, but we'll take it. Better fix things fast though.

Just got back from my own bball game. Relieved we won. Take aways? We played poorly but still won?

Play poorly and get a B1G road win. I'll take it!

Good thing we have Smith this year... he excels in the big shots. If it was anyone else on the free throw line, they miss.

THANK GOD!! Thank you Malik!! What an ugly game. This team is much better than this...anyway we got the win in the end...we can breathe easy now. On to the next one!

A win's a win. I guess FT's don't matter. GW is very wise.

Holy crap I thought that last 3 was going down! Whew, good to get out of Pedophiliaville with a win.

I got a little poo in my undies...

Happy we somehow got out of there with a 'W'. Ugly as hell, but still only counts as one 'W' in the column. And, happy to have it! Thanks Malik for hitting you FT's!

Didn't see the game tonight but from what I can tell, it was bad. Shooting was off and the refs continue this bizarre mandate to call even the most ticky-tack fouls. Is this accurate? Either way, this is exciting. That was, in every sense of the word, a must win situation. I know by saying that it shows I have little confidence in this team to do well against the big boys over the next 10 days, but it's true. I'd be elated with a 1-3 record over the next four. Absolutely ELATED!!!

Didn't see the game tonight but from what I can tell, it was bad. Shooting was off and the refs continue this bizarre mandate to call even the most ticky-tack fouls. Is this accurate? Either way, this is exciting. That was, in every sense of the word, a must win situation. I know by saying that it shows I have little confidence in this team to do well against the big boys over the next 10 days, but it's true. I'd be elated with a 1-3 record over the next four. Absolutely ELATED!!!

If you watched the Wisky v Sparty game, the refs pretty much let them play. I don't know what's going on.

I have only seen Ross Travis play a few times in college, is he good or our PF's that bad?

Outscored 'em by eight in the second half. Easy to say it was a disappointing performance, but the bottom line (besides the win) is that they outperformed what the spread had it pegged at.

This was a gut check. I'm pleased with that aspect of it. Don't want to get into moral victories, but assuming their star players start playing like it at some point, that and an improvement curve might get them being a solid team by later in the conference schedule.

No such thing as a bad road win in the B1G. Mathieu had 14 second half points.

I guess those 400 fans couldn't generate the enthusiasm to keep their team going.

Rather play crummy and win than play awful and lose...take the win and get out of there.

Pitino has a lot of things to point to before the MSU game. Hopefully we come out with a Syracuse effort.

I feel really lucky to get out of Happy Valley with a win. Elliot looked tired on the offensive end the whole game, i'll bet we will hear he had some illness. No legs - that ruined his shooting and free throws. He still played big. Austin was offensive, and not in a good way. He made a GREAT steal when it mattered and I am so happy we have him. Mathieu was MVP - he got the tip in on the layup Austin missed off his steal. That was a great play by Mathieu, the little guy hustled and was way up in the air when it mattered. Smith gets the MVP assist for making the free throws. Overall, this was WAY better than watching any Tubby team the last few years in a Big 10 game. I was so tired of watching the 'pass the ball around outside the 3 point line' offense. We were attacking all night. Love the Pitino style!

Can't tell if EE had a good game... Double double, but 3-8 from the line

That was a pretty silent double double. He didn't play good D at the end, perhaps it was fatigue. The guys gutted it out on a night when little was working.

Top Bottom