GAME #16: Gophers (12-3, 1-1) @ Penn State (9-6, 0-2) [BTN, 1/8, 6:00PM]

That is the one thing I've noticed through 2.5 games. The refs are calling very touchy fouls this year. Makes for horrible viewing experience.

This'll be a good test of the team's toughness. Very same game as at Richmond.

I feel bad for Elliot. I don't know what the sam-hell constitutes a charge anymore. They keep plowing into him when he's standing like a post. And he has to, because if he even breathes, B1G officials call him for a foul.

true

I feel bad for Elliot. I don't know what the sam-hell constitutes a charge anymore. They keep plowing into him when he's standing like a post. And he has to, because if he even breathes, B1G officials call him for a foul.
EE has a bad case of Colton Iversonitis.

This is hard to watch. I think our back court is 1/14 from the field....

I've been watching Oto quite a bit and he has been terrible. Not hustling, not aware of what is going on around him, and really not giving the team anything. I hope King can stay out of foul trouble in the 2nd half.

How many times are they going to show Frazier lose the handle, grab the ball and take another dribble before feeding Travis for a layup?

We aren't getting back and barely playing defense when we do.

PSU starts 0-8 from the floor now has a better FG% than us. Can't throw it in the ocean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing makes me look forward to Josh Martin more than watching Oto sleepwalk through a game.

So for our final shot, Eliason takes a deep jumper. My god...

Elliott way out of his range for the last shot? Looked exactly like a Tubby team sleepwalking through an easy game.

Pretty bad half. Just need to come out with more energy and some desperation in the second half.

8 TOs in the first half...can't win at that pace.

Quite possible the worst half of basketball that we've played this year. They have to up the tempo and get transition shots. Andre and Austin have to step it up and carry us in the second half. If not, it is going to be a long 4 game stretch coming up.

Simply a pathetic half in every facet of the game. How bad will it be when we play road games against Michigan State and Iowa? Very likely a 1-6 start now. Forget about the tourney, just make the nit.

Honestly if we are going to press like that and give up fast breaks we need to learn how to take a charge. .. We honestly would have at least 5 charges taken if guys would learn how to step in and fall down with contact.

I swear I've been transported back to last season and am watching a Tubby team again. Ugly and frustrating.

Simply a pathetic half in every facet of the game. How bad will it be when we play road games against Michigan State and Iowa? Very likely a 1-6 start now. Forget about the tourney, just make the nit.

The negativity in this town sucks.

Very likely? Let's see how this game plays out before we assume anything. Last time I checked......there are two halves to a game. Were you aware?

Can you at least wait for the game to end for crying out loud?

They got lulled to sleep with the early lead. They have to learn to adapt to the officials. Limit turn overs in the second half and it's still winnable. This team really lacks a team leader. Honestly, who is it?

The reffing is lovely again. And little Dre needs to stop being a turnover machine. One brilliant basket to every 4 turnovers is not a winning formula.

I was thinking before the game, "Why does Penn St. have such a hard time turning their program around?" But then I saw the arena tonight. Is the bottom deck even half full? How can you put 100K+ and not get at least 10K to your basketball games?

Pathetic performance in the first half. There seemed to be a lot of standing around on both sides of the court and just wasn't a lot of energy. Let's get it going in the 2nd half!

Top Bottom