FLECK HAS ACCEPTED THE GOPHERS JOB!! UPDATED: WE GOT FLECK!!!!

Combined age of Pitino & Fleck - 70
Age of Bill Snyder - 77
Age of Larry Brown - 76

If this is for real, I feel pretty good about it.
I know he's not as much of a proven commodity as Les Miles, but his trajectory is going up not down. I have been hearing for the last 6+ weeks about him being the hottest young coach in college football, so if Coyle was wrong in picking him, that means a whole lot of people were wrong. I think it is unfair to compare him to Brewster. Brewster had zero head coaching experience; this guys just ended a 15-game winning streak and played in the Cotton Bowl with a MAC team.
Next season would have been difficult for Claeys, Kill, Fleck or Miles - we have no heir apparent at qb and we lose a lot of players to graduation (and maybe some to transfer), so I hope people's expectations are realistic for 2017. I think 6 wins might be the ceiling (and I wouldn't be surprised at 4 or 5 wins). I am looking forward to winning a West Division championship in 2019!
Go Gophers!

Pitino and Fleck will recruit the next AD if Coyle and Kaler get run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the current chant is awful, the worst attempt at a tradition in college football. The new stolen skol chant is worlds better.

At least what we have now is better than NU's "MOVE THOSE CHAINS" chanted unenthusiastically by their announcer.

Will Fleck be able to row the boat at all with the women's crew team and boathouse in the way?

Will Fleck be able to row the boat at all with the women's crew team and boathouse in the way?

This may go down as one of the most underappreciated, multi-dimensional comments of all time on GopherHole.

Foc 9 with Gophers news.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jim Rich with breaking news.

P.J. Fleck expected to be named new Gophers head football coach. Nothing new. But KSTP 5 broke it first.

Go Gophers!!

Some guy on Gopher Illustrated said this would happen and even had the day Claeys would be fired right. Props to him

Top Bottom