Fire Tubby

#1nHkyCfbBsbDncSolarDebat

Its different from Kansas losing 3 in a row, or Indiana losing on their home court because we have lost 6 of our last 8. This is exactly what has happened to Tubby's teams in recent years, leading to the NIT. Why should this year be any different? If you watch the games at all, it is pretty obvious the lack of coaching with Tubby.

Nah, I was drinking that kool aid before Tubby got here.

+1,000

Have been and will be a Gophers fan, believer, optimist, supporter whoever is coaching. and if that is accepting mediocrity, so be it.

Have had too many great experiences at the barn, going to the U, and watching the players to ever change that.

Firing Tubby would result in endless transfers and decommits unless you hire Vince Taylor. If you think Tubby's first five years were bad wait untill the next five.

He has been out-coached in every B1G game this year. Gophers are top 4 in the B1G talent wise

Michigan, Indiana, OSU, MSU all much more talent on the roster. You could also make the case for Wisconsin and Illinois having higher rated players in the program.
Northwestern, Penn State, Nebraska, Iowa, and Purdue are the B10 schools with less talent than MN, IMO.

Unless Orlando goes on a crime spree, he won't get fired during the season. Smart, Stevens or any other up and coming coach is going to say no thanks and the U is going to have to settle for Trent Tucker or Flip. Wheeeee!

Michigan, Indiana, OSU, MSU all much more talent on the roster. You could also make the case for Wisconsin and Illinois having higher rated players in the program.
Northwestern, Penn State, Nebraska, Iowa, and Purdue are the B10 schools with less talent than MN, IMO.

Illinois and Wisconsin do not have more talent. It's not close.

Unless Orlando goes on a crime spree, he won't get fired during the season. Smart, Stevens or any other up and coming coach is going to say no thanks and the U is going to have to settle for Trent Tucker or Flip. Wheeeee!

Or any decent mid major coach similar to John Groce, wheeee

Illinois and Wisconsin do not have more talent. It's not close.

Not sure about Illinois, but based on Rivals rankings Wisconsin DOES have more talent than Minnesota. That's healthy talent too, not counting Wisconsin's injuries.

I use to think that Minnesotans were smarter than the average American. I am starting to seriously doubt that.

Is it the cold weather outside that seems to make you people think with your hearts and not your heads?!

What was people's opinion of the Illini a week ago????

Now all of a sudden they're giant killers, will probably be ranked Top 25 next week, and talk of them not making the tournament will have completely evaporated.

The Gophers are FAR from not making the NCAA tourney.

There is SO MUCH parity out there. Kansas with a 3 game skid, including a loss to winless TCU.

Louisville with a 3 game skid.

Cincy has lost 4 of their last 6 home games.

VCU lost 2 in a row, and against much lesser competition.

Indiana, the #1 team in the nation, lost AT HOME to Wisconsin, and then lost to, at the time, a HORRIBLE Illinois team.

But now all of a sudden, people are going to be praising Illinois.

I remember the season the Illini went like 4-14 in conf play, beat us in the 1st round of the BTT, and went all the way to the Championship game and made a game of it. The next year they kicked ass the whole year.

VCU almost did not make the NCAA tournament the year they made their FF run, but got in, and won 5 games in a row. Now Shaka Smart is considered the 2nd coming. It's ridiculous.

Connecticut a few years back struggled throughout the season. I remember because a certain Cincinnati fan I know was giving a certain UConn fan I know a hard time the entire season, talking about how much UConn sucked. But guess what?! Yeah, that UConn fan has been laughing about it every since.

I could go on for HOURS typing up the hundreds of examples and stats and stories, etc., all pointing to how IT'S NEVER OVER, until its over.

Missouri flew into the tourney last year, ranked 5th in the country, and lost in the 1st round to a 15 seed.

A certain Missouri fan I know claims this seasons Missouri team is more talented than last years, yet they are struggling, lost to Texas A&M on the road this week. But honestly, they'll probably do better in March than last years team. Sometimes suffering and overcoming obstacles makes a person, or a team, stronger.

I'm done for now, for I'm probably just wasting my time on idiots who don't actually turn on their brains before they think, they let their PASSIONS, their feelings, their emotions do their thinking for them. They want a call to arms to get Tubby Fired, mid season. It's RIDICULOUS.

Whether or not he's a good coach or a bad coach, is NOT the only factor that has to be considered.

And everyone's blasting Maturi, but NO ONE at the time considered the Tubby hire a bad one. The extension? Well, there is a lot of bs that goes on nowadays, and coaches have universities right where they want them. They get to demand long term contracts, but somehow don't have to honor them, and can leave whenever they want, but if they get fired, they get paid for years after?! I'm not an expert, and I may be wrong in my impressions, but I just get the idea that the system is designed and favors the coaches, and screws over the universities. I totally disagree with the concept, but bb and fb especially are deemed SO important nowadays, and there is so much money involved, that coaches can get away with making unreasonable demands.

But, we BEAT the Illini in Illinois by letting them heave away from 3 point land, and miss most of them. And no one criticized Tubby for that coaching decision. But they got hot this game, made 11 of them, and we lost. One of our normal starters didn't play the entire game, and the Illini had the confidence after just taking down the #1 ranked team.

I'm not saying I accept mediocrity and anyone who makes that claim is a LIAR.

ALL Tubby apologists want what they think is the best for the University and its long term bb health and prosperity.

NO ONE accepts and wants mediocrity. We just all seem to differ on how to go about bringing about positive change.

You should consider writing a book.

There is only one way to solve this problem: play the rest of the season in the Metrodome. This way we can blame the venue not being good enough and overlook actual on court performance. ;-p

Minnesotagg aka minnagg I see your back to play devils advocate where were you when the team was winning??????????

Tubby will not be fired, but in the case that he does who is to say someone doesnt want to step in and turn the program around? People state that this is not a great place to come into well I would guess there are plenty of top talent coaches out there that are saying I would love to go coach at the U and turn the program around. Ya we do not have the facilities,YET, Teague is a great fundraiser so they will be built. Just my 2 pennies of thought like everyone elses. Go Gophers!

If were going to talk recruiting ranking Illinois has alot of ranked players they've just underachieved hence why Weber was forced out, we have five very players, well four with Rodney out and after that full of role players, who can be effective but not when they're all out on the floor at the same time. Team has no depth

Firing Tubby would result in endless transfers and decommits unless you hire Vince Taylor. If you think Tubby's first five years were bad wait untill the next five.

Vince Taylor? You have to be kidding me. Let them transfer. Who cares? What would we be missing?

Minnesotagg aka minnagg I see your back to play devils advocate where were you when the team was winning??????????

Who is Minngg? When was the team winning? We have one victory over a top 25 team. Big hairy deal. Aren't you glad we have Tubby that extension?

We're are the Gopherhomers? Tubby lovers who mocked me and everyone on here that suggested this guy is done? Where is Parski and Dr and Doll. Will they go down with the ship?

I'm here...I'm not calling for his head. Minnagg - another name change - Funny how you disappeared during last years NIT and now you finally show up again after this many games. Still a long season and a Big Ten Tourney to go.

I'm here...I'm not calling for his head. Minnagg - another name change - Funny how you disappeared during last years NIT and now you finally show up again after this many games.

NIT, lolololololol. Seriously?

don't worry the gestapo will ban you again just like last time you gave it away when you called "dudes out for giving you crap before" that and the name of your moniker.

I'm concerned with the recuiting. Mediocre this year and mediocre next year. Then in two years we miss out on the big 3. I'm surprised at the no. of people supporting Tub on here. What has he done to merit such support?

I'm concerned with the recuiting. Mediocre this year and mediocre next year. Then in two years we miss out on the big 3. I'm surprised at the no. of people supporting Tub on here. What has he done to merit such support?

Ummm.... won at all the other schools he's coached at? Yeah, that's it! That's the ticket! :p

Lol you sir are not very smart. UM has 3, possibly 4 nba players on the team. UW has maybe 1 (dekker) and he is not playing significant minutes (8 ppg), same with Illinois (Paul).

Why did you change your name? Make a fool out of yourself last year? Glad your back to see it happen again...this time don't go into hiding when it does.

From what I hear Minngg got banned because of crybabies running to the mod because they got their feelings hurt. He didn't run from anything. You did.

Lol you sir are not very smart. UM has 3, possibly 4 nba players on the team. UW has maybe 1 (dekker) and he is not playing significant minutes (8 ppg), same with Illinois (Paul).

I said higher rated players. Check the star ratings and they are higher. Who are the 4 NBA players on the gophers roster? Just curious?

don't worry the gestapo will ban you again just like last time you gave it away when you called "dudes out for giving you crap before" that and the name of your moniker.

Could care less. I will never be a blind homer for anyone.

Top Bottom