FIRE OC

Two years ago, many people including myself thought Morgan would be an NFL QB someday. He has regressed to the point right now where you have got to bench him and hopefully someone can come in and rescue the team from disaster. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED???
Starts with M ends in D.

Two years ago, many people including myself thought Morgan would be an NFL QB someday. He has regressed to the point right now where you have got to bench him and hopefully someone can come in and rescue the team from disaster. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED???

2 years ago national people were talking about Morgan as an NFL QB and Faaele as a 1st rounder. It is debatable whether either should be on a college field right now.

Matt Simon put on the best one-game audition for a job that you could ask for. Fleck decided to give the job to a guy who has had about 7 jobs in 10 years instead. Probably because he thought he had a cool
If you’re not going to change OCs, you’ve got to put a mobile QB in to run this read option offense. It is literally a read option with 1 option

Matt Simon put on the best one-game audition for a job that you could ask for. Fleck decided to give the job to a guy who has had about 7 jobs in 10 years instead. Probably because he thought he had a cool haircut.
so would it be accurate to say Sanford > Simon > Ciarrocca > PJ in the hair department?

How sure are we that this is all Sanford's fault? They show the ability at times to throw the ball down the field, and it seems like in the Miami and BG games, they just implemented a ridiculously simplified offensive game strategy and showed zero ability to make adjustments or adapt.

I guess I think PJ is probably pretty involved in devising the game plan... perhaps more so than some are giving Sanford all the credit for, and as the HC after that dismal offensive first half, you get a little more involved and demanding of your OC, assuming you had previously left it to Sanford to call. One way or another, this is PJ's fault more than anyone else's.

Edited
Yeah. You can say it’s on OC but fleck is essentially a non play calling OC considering all his OCs in two stops as head coach have been very similar

I don’t know where to begin with Morgan. I’m starting to think 2019 was an anomaly for him. He’s not nearly as good a QB as that season’s stats would suggest. True, he doesn’t have a Bateman or Johnson to throw too, but Morgan is making poor decisions and missing open receivers when he makes the right decisions. And I’m not talking about just today. I’m not blaming him for the first pick he threw in the fourth. Faelle (sp?) may have had his worst game as a Gopher. He was beat all day. And on that pick Morgan under threw the ball because he couldn’t follow thru,
since his supposedly NFL prospect tackle missed on yet another block. But the second pick is 90% on Morgan. Poor throw. Period.

Now, Sanford and Fleck have to take the hit on this. I’ve seen nothing from the offense since Sanford has been here that makes me feel good about what I’m watching. And that’s with Ibrahim or without him. Someone above said Fleck won’t fire him. Well, why not? He fired his DC mid season, why can’t he fired his OC?

I like Fleck, I really do, but I’m seriously starting to question his on the field football philosophies. Sanford needs to go, Simon needs to take over the offense and Fleck needs to get the hell out of the way. The only involvement Fleck should have on the offense is whether or not to go on fourth down and perhaps the calling of a time outs (and I have concerns here too).

And one more thing. Our special teams still suck with the exception of kickoffs. I know, it’s hard to blame a kid for missing a FG over 50 yards, but Trickett has now missed three field goals and an extra point in 4 games. That’s not good enough. And punting? Shit, we averaged 38 yards a punt today. That’s a joke. The only joke bigger is the fact that we can’t catch punts either. How many yards did we give up today, and all season, because we let punts hit the ground and roll? It’s poor coaching and uncalled for. I don’t care if you never return another one, but don’t let the fucking ball hit the ground. CATCH IT!!!!
2019 wasn’t an anomaly
He just didn’t have to do much. If all he had to do is box count and make the throws, he can do that.

He can’t beat you with his arm. And he can’t make progressions. This has been asked of him in 2020 and 2021 and he is showing it’s not in his skill set.

without quality skill position players, he will continue to struggle whenever the OL struggles

2019 wasn’t an anomaly
He just didn’t have to do much. If all he had to do is box count and make the throws, he can do that.

He can’t beat you with his arm. And he can’t make progressions. This has been asked of him in 2020 and 2021 and he is showing it’s not in his skill set.

without quality skill position players, he will continue to struggle whenever the OL struggles
100% / 1 Read QB

You've got to at least entertain making a move or start mixing in Kramer more and more or whoever next man is. He at least gives you a dual threat.

100% / 1 Read QB

You've got to at least entertain making a move or start mixing in Kramer more and more or whoever next man is. He at least gives you a dual threat.
I’ve been strongly against this, but if we can’t run the ball it’s gotta be on the table.
Post mo injury it is a different question IMO

I don’t know if it’s Morgan or Sanford. Maybe both. But Morgan is broken. His deep ball in 2020 was really bad, and I was giving him a pass, hoping he was injured. But this year he’s not only not throwing a competent deep ball, but he’s wildly missing guys over the middle that he hit at a high rate in 2019.

I initially thought that it was either PJ or Sanford keeping it super vanilla, but now I’m of the belief they are keeping the passing game vanilla and relying on the run game even more than usual, because Morgan just doesn’t have it, and the coaches know and are trying to cover it up.
I give Tanner 1 quarter in next game and make a change if he doesn't have it.

He earned the job by winning on field.

I’ve been strongly against this, but if we can’t run the ball it’s gotta be on the table.
Post mo injury it is a different question IMO
Right.

I still think we win the game if CAB plays. Seems like the only guy Tanner trusts and rightfully so. WR unit needs CAB this year no question.

Right.

I still think we win the game if CAB plays. Seems like the only guy Tanner trusts and rightfully so. WR unit needs CAB this year no question.
Yeah. We don’t have guys who can win 1 on 1 matchups. Meaning tanner needs to throw guys open and break down coverage.

he is starting to show that’s not in his skill set

2 years ago national people were talking about Morgan as an NFL QB and Faaele as a 1st rounder. It is debatable whether either should be on a college field right now.
People were talking about Faalele as a first rounder 2 weeks ago
He got absolutely exposed today
Every single opposing team we play the rest of the way will try to pick on him the way BGSU did today. If he can't get it sorted he needs to sit because some of the free runs at the QB were flat out dangerous today.

Yeah. We don’t have guys who can win 1 on 1 matchups. Meaning tanner needs to throw guys open and break down coverage.

he is starting to show that’s not in his skill set
Agreed. He's just a very mediocre college QB.

so would it be accurate to say Sanford > Simon > Ciarrocca > PJ in the hair department?

I remember seeing WKU fans warning Utah State fans Sanford seemed more interested in designer sunglasses and array of high water pants than fielding a functional offense.

A great deal of Tanner's success in 2019 and also 2020 was on the same damn slant play, over and over and over.

That play seems mostly out of the book now. I don't know if there's not a receiver who can run it or we're just not using it anymore, but maybe go back to what's worked for him before.

A great deal of Tanner's success in 2019 and also 2020 was on the same damn slant play, over and over, and over.

That play seems mostly out of the book now. I don't know if there's not a receiver who can run it or we're just not using it anymore, but maybe go back to what's worked for him before.
We ran play action slants multiple times today. The o line isn’t playing as good because the wideouts aren’t getting separation when there are extra guys in the box

I have no idea why many organizations are littered with people like Sanford/Rob Smith. Why is it so hard for people like PJ aka in CEO position failed to see the record of these people. Also why people like Sanford decide to occupy the positions that they are not competent enough to do the job. Sanford is essentially destroying the future of these young men. TM wont be first rounder but it is very possible that he will flourish under KC/ Simon to be drafted at late rounds. Thus allow him to earn some paychecks. it is not to sneeze at to get some of these paychecks. Now it will be lucky to get free agent look. Just absolute shitshow!
Also urban meyer said in one of BTN segment that coaching is record plus progress or something like that. It is that simple. Sanford record ??? Horsedodo!

Wright? People are saying he didn't play today. Fleck would never say if there was an injury, academic, or discipline issue. Was probably hoping no one noticed and didn't ask.

And then my question comes right back to: then how the hell did we have nice passes against Ohio State?? Some were to Wright, of course, fine, but I don't think all were?

It can't be "they were all set up off play action". That's a bit tough for me to swallow. But ... maybe that's the hard truth.

If we were only good at passing because we established the run first, and we actually are terrible at dropback passing .... then all you have to do is sell out to stop our run and we're cooked.

Wright? People are saying he didn't play today. Fleck would never say if there was an injury, academic, or discipline issue. Was probably hoping no one noticed and didn't ask.

And then my question comes right back to: then how the hell did we have nice passes against Ohio State?? Some were to Wright, of course, fine, but I don't think all were?

It can't be "they were all set up off play action". That's a bit tough for me to swallow. But ... maybe that's the hard truth.

If we were only good at passing because we established the run first, and we actually are terrible at dropback passing .... then all you have to do is sell out to stop our run and we're cooked.
Wright definitely played early in the game, then went out

Top Bottom