FIRE OC

I’m thankful for Morgan in 2019. Sanford started right after that and he completely ruined Morgan and this offense. I do not buy the excuse we had two nfl WR. Everything about Morgan has taken a step back from sacks, missed wr, nervous in pocket, etc! Sanford needs to be fired tonight

I’m thankful for Morgan in 2019. Sanford started right after that and he completely ruined Morgan and this offense. I do not buy the excuse we had two nfl WR. Everything about Morgan has taken a step back from sacks, missed wr, nervous in pocket, etc! Sanford needs to be fired tonight
Yep. We hired Robb Smith 2.0 in Sanford. Fleck likes to talk about touching the stove you get burned. Well he’s touched the stove twice with these hires.

Yeah I certainly didn't like the hire in the first place. We gotta get an OC who's doing something creative at a smaller school or something like that

The time for excuses is over. It is time for a change. OMG, I am sounding like a Nebbie fan! 😱

Maybe already answered but if he didn't get an extension or new contact with Fleck's, doesn't Sanford's contract end this year?

Yeah I certainly didn't like the hire in the first place. We gotta get an OC who's doing something creative at a smaller school or something like that
or maybe they are already on staff

The guy had been coaching for so long with so little OC experience and what OC experience he did have didn't appear very good. Then he becomes a head coach and his teams offense tanks within 2 years. But by all means, you'll be able to get the best out of him PJ.

PJ needs to come out and say Simon is calling all plays for Indiana so we can see what he does.

PJ needs to come out and say Simon is calling all plays for Indiana so we can see what he does.
This type of thing won't happen, for the next two games.

Only if we lose like 0-35 against IU, then maybe for the Wisc game. But even then probably not.

I just don't see it.

I think Fleck wanted Sanford here, on a personal level, and Fleck and Sanford have a "brain trust" for how they want the offense to be, and Sanford is willing to do whatever Fleck wants, in that regard.

Maybe KC wasn't willing to do that, and finally had enough. And maybe Simon is closer to that boat.

Wild guessing.

This OC has been embarrassing since we hired him! He has to go
Absolutely. Harbaugh is an embarrassment. Give Simon the job and get rid of Harbaugh. Simon called a spectacular Outback bowl in 2019 and now we’re reverting back to this crap? Simon is also from Farmington. Who else on the staff really gives a damn about gopher football?

Absolutely. Harbaugh is an embarrassment. Give Simon the job and get rid of Harbaugh. Simon called a spectacular Outback bowl in 2019 and now we’re reverting back to this crap? Simon is also from Farmington. Who else on the staff really gives a damn about gopher football?
Offense was pretty good today, no?

Offense was pretty good today, no?
Good if you like a snooze fast. Don’t throw the ball on first down. Unimaginative. Were you at the game or just heard about it? Had several opportunities to put these guys away and just let them hang around - just like last week.

Good if you like a snooze fast. Don’t throw the ball on first down. Unimaginative. Were you at the game or just heard about it? Had several opportunities to put these guys away and just let them hang around - just like last week.
You can’t expect to play like that against top-tier competition, and expect to win.

I actually watched it on TV.

We had an opportunity to put them away abd then we did by passing on 4th abd 2. Then we had another opportunity to put them away and we ran out the clock.

I judge an offense based on points and efficiency and we were pretty good today. There are tons of college football teams who play a run dominant game, it doesn’t make me snooze.

I actually watched it on TV.

We had an opportunity to put them away abd then we did by passing on 4th abd 2. Then we had another opportunity to put them away and we ran out the clock.

I judge an offense based on points and efficiency and we were pretty good today. There are tons of college football teams who play a run dominant game, it doesn’t make me snooze.
Being there was a much different story. You can’t consistently run the ball for one or 2 yards and think you can get eight in the next play. You need to mix it up and not wait until halfway through the fourth quarter to put away an inferior team. We ran the ball 51 times for 201 yards and threw it 14. Athan was 12-14. The motto should be “Free Athan”. If you can show me a team that throws less than 20 times a game and consistently wins, I’m all ears.

Being there was a much different story. You can’t consistently run the ball for one or 2 yards and think you can get eight in the next play. You need to mix it up and not wait until halfway through the fourth quarter to put away an inferior team. We ran the ball 51 times for 201 yards and threw it 14. Athan was 12-14. The motto should be “Free Athan”. If you can show me a team that throws less than 20 times a game and consistently wins, I’m all ears.
That’s an excellent challenge. I’ll be interested to see if you get any responses.

I am sure it's been discussed, but will a new OC make a difference if Fleck is in his ear calling for runs on 2nd and long? We've seen the same failed strategy under 3 different coordinators post 2019.

On the positive note, I really liked the play design where Crooms came behind the line and Athan hit him on the play action. As I mentioned in the game thread, I also like the "Philly push" as a short yardage option and hope we're actually stout enough upfront to use it against a team like Michigan. Two things I didn't care for were the return of the Kramer short yardage package and the decision to run all go's on Athan's interception at the end of the first half. I am not sure if Athan had any say in changing the play, but Louisiana dropped everybody deep and there was nowhere to go with that ball (not excusing Athan's alarming decision to make that throw).

Air Force, GT under Paul Johnson. Not many do it, some that do win some don’t.

Hot take but I don’t mind Harbaugh so far. He seems way better than Sanford, plus it’s reasonable to think Harbaugh may improve since he is new to the position.

Remember those news helicopters following Brett Favre when he came to town to be the QB for the Vikings? Everyone wants a Brett Favre but not realistic. These guys in college are developing and improving. Maybe you can't do some things yet but working on it. I don't know. I hear people saying Fleck has never had a super premier offense system people understand, the one now leaves people wondering sometimes.

Yeah I really wish PJ would be more hands off on the offense. Or else, just be the main playcaller himself if he's going to meddle like that, but of course he doesn't want that responsibility.

Hot take but I don’t mind Harbaugh so far. He seems way better than Sanford, plus it’s reasonable to think Harbaugh may improve since he is new to the position.
In my opinion, the playcalling has improved a little each week which is encouraging. My primary criticism of him now is about his abilities as the QB coach. Hopefully he changes his best each week there too.

Top Bottom