FIRE OC

Just an FYI: The Gophers next 6 games, leading up to the big Iowa game (home games in CAPS):

BOWLING GREEN

@ Purdue

Bye

NEBRASKA

MARYLAND

@ Northwestern

ILLINOIS

-------------------

Hmmmmm...

For comparison, here's Iowa's schedule leading up to the Floyd game...

COLORADO STATE

@ Maryland

PENN STATE

PURDUE

Bye

@ Wisconsin

@ Northwestern

Just an FYI: The Gophers next 6 games, leading up to the big Iowa game (home games in CAPS):

BOWLING GREEN

@ Purdue

Bye

NEBRASKA

MARYLAND

@ Northwestern

ILLINOIS

-------------------

Hmmmmm...
Purdue owes us. But we'll see. Maryland could be scary.

If we run this table, which is very possible if they keep playing well, it will be a damn fun/big game in Iowa City.

Worried about Purdue and depending on their performance there, I may or may not be worried about Maryland.

I don’t get the Wiley hate, I haven’t seen one open hole for him on any of his runs this season. He’s a terrific athlete, I’d actually like to see him get more run.
Can he play safety or linebacker maybe Williams also?

Worried about Purdue and depending on their performance there, I may or may not be worried about Maryland.
Really like Purdue headed into a bye. With a bye the next week hard for kids to look past Purdue.

really like Nebraska coming out of a bye.

The trap game, to me, is Maryland

Really like Purdue headed into a bye. With a bye the next week hard for kids to look past Purdue.

really like Nebraska coming out of a bye.

The trap game, to me, is Maryland.
I don’t think this team looks past any conference opponents. How could Maryland be a trap game when we lost to them last year? Maryland plays Iowa and Ohio state right before us, so hopefully they have a hard time getting as amped up for a third straight game.

I don’t think this team looks past any conference opponents. How could Maryland be a trap game when we lost to them last year? Maryland plays Iowa and Ohio state right before us, so hopefully they have a hard time getting as amped up for a third straight game.
Because humans are humans and humans under 25 have less developed brains?

Maryland did beat West Virginia, who just beat #15(at the time) VT.

They have to play Iowa and Ohio St before us, but get a BYE the week right before coming to Minny.

It will be an important test. They've had our number more years than not, in this 6 year chunk of playing every year.

Speaking of Jim Tressel, I just visited his Wiki page.

I have to say I was blown away. Talk about paying your dues! Tressel coached the Youngstown State Penguins for 15 freakin' years before he got hired at Ohio State. 15 years!

Say what you want about him, he put in his time. And then he got fired because some kids traded jerseys for free tattoos? Wow. Seems kind of tame, in this modern age of NIL.

At the time those violations were an unfair advantage over his opponents that presumably weren't cheating. Tressel also lied to his administration and the NCAA after he knew about the violations.
I'm guessing it was the latter that really sealed his fate.

There’s no line listed yet for Minnesota v. Bye. Does Bye have injury issues? That seems like a trap game.
Have no fear -- Fleck will have us keyed up to go 1-0 in the Bye Week Championship Season. It will be a pivotal matchup (not for the season mind you) but for right then.

Have no fear -- Fleck will have us keyed up to go 1-0 in the Bye Week Championship Season. It will be a pivotal matchup (not for the season mind you) but for right then.

I predict a 0-0 tie against the Bye. It’s going to be a real old school style game.

There’s no line listed yet for Minnesota v. Bye. Does Bye have injury issues? That seems like a trap game.
Rumor has it Tate Martell will transfer there and be granted immediate eligibility.

Time for this thread to stay at the top of the board.

How sure are we that this is all Sanford's fault? They show the ability at times to throw the ball down the field, and it seems like in the Miami and BG games, they just implemented a ridiculously simplified offensive game strategy and showed zero ability to make adjustments or adapt.

I guess I think PJ is probably pretty involved in devising the game plan... perhaps more so than some are giving Sanford all the credit for, and as the HC after that dismal offensive first half, you get a little more involved and demanding of your OC, assuming you had previously left it to Sanford to call. One way or another, this is PJ's fault more than anyone else's.

Edited

Last edited:

He won’t be fired or demoted.

Y’all don’t know PJ Fleck.

Top Bottom