Fan attendance

The majority of deaths are in people as you have mentioned but not ALL of the deaths.
The thousands of doctors and nurses who have died were not in that susceptible group.
It is beyond me that some people would risk their health and lives and the people that they come in contact with just to attend a football game.
So don't go to a game then or leave your house, it's really that simple. This is the only time in American history we have quarantined healthy people.

So don't go to a game then or leave your house, it's really that simple. This is the only time in American history we have quarantined healthy people.
exactly hope Plato has never left his house since December since its a huge health risk and apparently shopping has a less chance of a risk then watching a football game at 25% capacity spaced out where store isles are 5 feet wide and crowded.. He probably leaves and goes to crowded supermarkets all the time and is yelling at us saying we are risking our health to watch a football game.

U to allow fans into the games!!

400 per team!? WTF? Shouldn’t allow any opponents’ families and friends in!

They aren't allowing fans. They're allowing family members and "special guests".

Not even close to the same thing, and it was silly of them to title the article that way. Probably just to rile people up.

So it's safer to have fans in Ames, 2 hours away in the same state, than it is in Iowa City?
No, it isn't.

Just because it isn't safe, doesn't mean someone can't play Russian roulette and still live. Another person can make the choice not to take that chance, and that's perfectly fine.

So don't go to a Big Ten game then, go to a game elsewhere. It's really that simple.

Free choice, is free choice. The Big Ten gets to have the same free choice that you do.

And what number were traced to outdoor gatherings of socially distanced individuals? It would be criminal, for example, to scare people away from green spaces, parks, taking walks because of irrational fear based on nothing.

Indoor, close communication or other close contact is risky particularly without good masks, barriers, shields. That’s the science, with some rare exceptions.
Well, the football games I've watched with fans seemed like individual social distancing was clearly optional, but groups were socially distanced. Yes, there was limited attendance, but clearly clumps of fans...not wearing masks, especially student sections. I'd like to think Minnesotans would do better...but I'm not so confident. The KC NFL game this weekend was the first were it looked like there was a real effort, at least at the start, to have everyone socially distanced. through the game, groups of fans started to form.

It doesn't take much searching to find evidence...

Fans will be going to the game per channel 5. 800, family and a few friends from both teams.

Hey Gophers you could make a million dollars at each home game ($50 x 20,000).
No, you are afraid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. SEC will average 25,000 fans this next weekend. Stupid, stupid, stupid

No, you are afraid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. SEC will average 25,000 fans this next weekend. Stupid, stupid, stupid
Not sure what the right answer overall is but it looks like SEC average may be down this week as I doubt LSU vs FL is going to happen with FL having a big outbreak.

Chump change. Covid has cost this country tens of trillions because of precisely this type of behavior.

Well, the football games I've watched with fans seemed like individual social distancing was clearly optional, but groups were socially distanced. Yes, there was limited attendance, but clearly clumps of fans...not wearing masks, especially student sections. I'd like to think Minnesotans would do better...but I'm not so confident. The KC NFL game this weekend was the first were it looked like there was a real effort, at least at the start, to have everyone socially distanced. through the game, groups of fans started to form.

It doesn't take much searching to find evidence...

Well, it is Saturday Down South, after all. Florida's coach wants 90K fans, LOL.

So don't go to a Big Ten game then, go to a game elsewhere. It's really that simple.

Free choice, is free choice. The Big Ten gets to have the same free choice that you do.
This makes no sense. Its like saying " you have free choice to do whatever you want, but we are going to close everything down...but hey you have the choice" See how that is as contradictive as it gets.

So if we hold a huge several thousand person tailgate downtown but call it a protest are we good to go?

So if we hold a huge several thousand person tailgate downtown but call it a protest are we good to go?

You should try it and see what happens.

Fortunately, I don't think there are several thousand people that stupid in Minneapolis who fail to understand where things are right now

This makes no sense. Its like saying " you have free choice to do whatever you want, but we are going to close everything down...but hey you have the choice" See how that is as contradictive as it gets.
As far as the B1G goes though ... it is their call. It's part of the whole freedom factor.

Fortunately, I don't think there are several thousand people that stupid in Minneapolis who fail to understand where things are right now

That if you're under 65 and don't have severe comorbidities, the death rate is the same as the flu, or even less than the flu if you're under 35?

There are millions of people that understand this, and have been trying to live their normal lives.

That if you're under 65 and don't have severe comorbidities, the death rate is the same as the flu, or even less than the flu if you're under 35?

There are millions of people that understand this, and have been trying to live their normal lives.

Jesus Christ. The point is not if I or some other person under 50 catches it and whether we can die. The point is that if enough people catch it at some event - especially if they are unaware for a period of time - it's very contagious and can spread quickly. The more people who have it, the easier someone who is at risk can get it.

Bottom line is that nobody but some Trump buffoons are "trying to live their normal lives" right now. Even those not at much risk understand that we all need to make adjustments at this time. It's called being a good human and considering others in your decisions.

Someone needs to start the #TCFGamedayTailgate(imeanpreotest) movement!

Jesus Christ. The point is not if I or some other person under 50 catches it and whether we can die. The point is that if enough people catch it at some event - especially if they are unaware for a period of time - it's very contagious and can spread quickly. The more people who have it, the easier someone who is at risk can get it.

Bottom line is that nobody but some Trump buffoons are "trying to live their normal lives" right now. Even those not at much risk understand that we all need to make adjustments at this time. It's called being a good human and considering others in your decisions.
It is called being a good human, however, the issue is that everyone thinks that the facts that they have are correct. Everyone lives by their own set of facts. The result is name calling the president and name calling each other. Is that a good human?

I would suggest asking those around you that may disagree with you why they think the way they do. Learn from people, don't shut them down with name calling. That gets us no where.

It is called being a good human, however, the issue is that everyone thinks that the facts that they have are correct. Everyone lives by their own set of facts. The result is name calling the president and name calling each other. Is that a good human?

I would suggest asking those around you that may disagree with you why they think the way they do. Learn from people, don't shut them down with name calling. That gets us no where.

There is no argument to be made for the President being a good person. It's just not possible. He had a chance to use the COVID diagnosis to show he learned something and was empathetic to all the families who have lost someone to this virus. Instead, he went the opposite way and somehow became even more of a dick. It's indefensible.

Also, he does NOT EVEN LIKE his supporters. Literally calls them "disgusting people."

There is no argument to be made for the President being a good person. It's just not possible. He had a chance to use the COVID diagnosis to show he learned something and was empathetic to all the families who have lost someone to this virus. Instead, he went the opposite way and somehow became even more of a dick. It's indefensible.

Also, he does NOT EVEN LIKE his supporters. Literally calls them "disgusting people."

So I am gathering that you are not someone who is willing to talk to the other side. I can accept that. I pray for you that you change. It is a hard life when you cant communicate with 1/2 of society.

Wow, that was some in-depth analysis

1602690169779.png

Just need to import them from Alaska?

Top Bottom