Fan attendance

Bolded sentence: why is it OK for you to say that, as a person, to other people .... but it is not acceptable for the Big Ten Conference to say "For those of you conferences that think I am nuts, I might be, go ahead and allow your schools to have limited fans and let me make the decision that we won't have any." ???
you make zero sense...seriously.

I think the Big Ten should allow fans I would even sign a waiver. I would sign a second one for no mask.
Would you also sign and notarize a statement that if you become ill you will stay at home no matter how sick you are so innocent health care workers are not put at risk for your bravado?
And put in escrow $200,000 to provide care and damages for anyone you may infect?

You are not a smart person. Let Darwin do his work, please

^^^^These posts above are interesting in the sense they are not evidence-based, ie scientific. You guys should be able to produce evidence of contact tracing/ transmission between individuals that are spaced 6+ feet in an outdoors setting. To my knowledge no such event has occurred at this time. There was a solitary documented case of outdoor transmission that involved two individuals involved in close range <3 feet conversation for > 15 minutes. Please post some links. Particularly Block M and Plato.

I do support masks where cheering, yelling, coughing, sneezing may occur...indoors or out as a precaution. They also help reduce halitosis, pastrami odors, etc so it’s a plus all around IMO.

I think the Big Ten should allow fans I would even sign a waiver. I would sign a second one for no mask.
Why would the B1G do what they are doing all over the rest of the country? It's the Science, Man!! But the "science" is different in Ames, IA than it is in Iowa City, IA clearly. Huge difference

Just because Ames is the guy at the beginning of Idiocracy that jumps his jetski out of the lake and lands on the picket fence, doesn't mean we have to be.

There is rational fear, and irrational fear. We are pretty good at the latter. There is probably some minute level of risk a wind blown droplet will be inhaled as you pull down your mask to drink a beverage but what are the odds. They seem to be pretty low.

We get it, you hate when authority exercises its ability over you to control your life and prevents you from doing something you want to do.

Suck it up, buttercup.

There is rational fear, and irrational fear. We are pretty good at the latter. There is probably some minute level of risk a wind blown droplet will be inhaled as you pull down your mask to drink a beverage but what are the odds. They seem to be pretty low.
Meanwhile, MN set a new daily high in cases Saturday.

This is getting worse than the OTB. Thought the monitors were gonna throw all this topic-related stuff into a single thread?

^^ will be an interesting topic in the coming months: how do you "prove" that you're safe, as we try to open up more and more?

People will try to fake the hell out of whatever systems are put in place.

I believe latest statistics show that the average age of CV-19 death is 82, while average age of all other deaths is 78. What the hell are we doing? Sorry, just being selfish because I want to come up for a game. BTW, science says open everything up.

I believe latest statistics show that the average age of CV-19 death is 82, while average age of all other deaths is 78. What the hell are we doing? Sorry, just being selfish because I want to come up for a game. BTW, science says open everything up.
Contagion...so overrated. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, MN set a new daily high in cases Saturday.

And what number were traced to outdoor gatherings of socially distanced individuals? It would be criminal, for example, to scare people away from green spaces, parks, taking walks because of irrational fear based on nothing.

Indoor, close communication or other close contact is risky particularly without good masks, barriers, shields. That’s the science, with some rare exceptions.

This is getting worse than the OTB. Thought the monitors were gonna throw all this topic-related stuff into a single thread?

Agree should be rolled in with the college COVID thread, or a disclaimer on the title this is pandemic-related so people can avoid if they wish.

^^^^These posts above are interesting in the sense they are not evidence-based, ie scientific. You guys should be able to produce evidence of contact tracing/ transmission between individuals that are spaced 6+ feet in an outdoors setting. To my knowledge no such event has occurred at this time. There was a solitary documented case of outdoor transmission that involved two individuals involved in close range <3 feet conversation for > 15 minutes. Please post some links. Particularly Block M and Plato.

I do support masks where cheering, yelling, coughing, sneezing may occur...indoors or out as a precaution. They also help reduce halitosis, pastrami odors, etc so it’s a plus all around IMO.
Not this guy again.

I had covid in March and had a antibody test.
I had it several weeks ago, symptoms started Friday at dinner time; I was forced to sit and watch football all weekend while bundled up and eating some soup. Virtually symptom-free by Monday morning. But hey, just a brutal 24-36 hours, and I'm in the 45-55 demo

I had it several weeks ago, symptoms started Friday at dinner time; I was forced to sit and watch football all weekend while bundled up and eating some soup. Virtually symptom-free by Monday morning. But hey, just a brutal 24-36 hours, and I'm in the 45-55 demo
What were your symptoms? Glad you are feeling better.

If you are watching the Okl/KState you are seeing 15,000 fans. Come on B1G open your eyes. Can’t expect Warren to notice, he is down watching Porter.
And Florida will have a packed house next week.

Top Bottom