Fan attendance

This will get lost in the argument but are any recruits allowed to attend games?

My understanding of MN rules is they allow a total of 1500 in the building. If so even with 300 parents. Why not auction off 500 tickets? I'm in my early 40s and retired from my day job. I would totally pay at least $2000 a ticket to be at the MI game. There are other games as well I would pay very good money to be at.

My understanding of MN rules is they allow a total of 1500 in the building. If so even with 300 parents. Why not auction off 500 tickets? I'm in my early 40s and retired from my day job. I would totally pay at least $2000 a ticket to be at the MI game. There are other games as well I would pay very good money to be at.
The B1G made the decision, it's not up to each team.

I still think there should be a good old-fashioned drawing for some lucky season tix holder or holders.

Use your Gopher Score Rank as the identifier and turn to the Math Department to come up with a random number generator that provides an equal chance for one or however many to be picked from the pool.

Assuming there's 16,000 or so in the pool, it would be a chance of 1/16000 getting selected.

Of course if a handful gets chosen, the odds get a little better with each selection...:p

Not to say this completely answers your questions but IIRC it's not just the state rules that are limited here. B1G is limiting it to family only, no public sale of tickets and etc.

Good point I forgot Big was not allowing fans.

It's one of those conference rules that IMO largely just takes the pressure off local schools.

If I'm a university president or AD even if I want fans ... I'm not sure I want to get into the inevitable fight over who and how many and ... jebus.

This makes zero sense? Try again....
It should make sense, it's exactly your logic.

You want people to be free to do what they want to do. Why are you trying to force the University to only be able to do one thing and not have a choice?

Not to say this completely answers your questions but IIRC it's not just the state rules that are limited here. B1G is limiting it to family only, no public sale of tickets and etc.
Plus, if tickets would be so limited anyway, they could do a lot better than to just give them to whomever can pay the most money.

It should make sense, it's exactly your logic.

You want people to be free to do what they want to do. Why are you trying to force the University to only be able to do one thing and not have a choice?

That’s a stretch.

Today the NE AD again pissed and moaned about the BIG conference rule limiting fans to the games.
He cited the Big 12 and what TX A&M did in their game against FL as examples of what NE should be allowed to do on their own.
Then he ranted about MN getting a Friday night game that NE asked to get.
An Omaha sports writer then dissed Fleck and the MN players because they curried favor with the BIG by not protesting the BIG postponing the games.
NE's hubris and entitlement gets very old.

Today the NE AD again pissed and moaned about the BIG conference rule limiting fans to the games.
He cited the Big 12 and what TX A&M did in their game against FL as examples of what NE should be allowed to do on their own.
Then he ranted about MN getting a Friday night game that NE asked to get.
An Omaha sports writer then dissed Fleck and the MN players because they curried favor with the BIG by not protesting the BIG postponing the games.
NE's hubris and entitlement gets very old.
When you're struggling the problems 'seem' to be just everywhere... we've seen it here too where folks go off the rails and wonder why we don't do things like elsewhere, why things happen to use and so forth. For the folks who can't control themselves it can get out of hand.

When you're struggling the problems 'seem' to be just everywhere... we've seen it here too where folks go off the rails and wonder why we don't do things like elsewhere, why things happen to use and so forth. For the folks who can't control themselves it can get out of hand.

Sort of describes 2020 in a nutshell.

Top Bottom