Do you agree with the decision to fire Coach Claeys?

Do you agree with the decision to fire Coach Claeys?

• Yes, it was the right decision

Votes: 74 28.9%
  • No, it was not the right decision

Votes: 182 71.1%

• Total voters
It is a weird decision. They are alienating their base to appeal to a crowd that has no interest in buying football tickets. There will be crickets at home games unless they hire a proven winner.

I agree 1000 percent.

What you described, if consensual, isn't sexual assault.

It's still considered disgusting by much of the public, it is somewhat irrelevant if it was consensual or not in the PR world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. He showed that he doesn't have control of the program and the U can hire a better proven coach.

You're kidding right? No successful coach would touch this situation with a ten foot pole.

Because the coach was fired because a bunch of bureaucrats were afraid of a bunch of regressive lunatics going crazy for attention. I think it should smell of injustice to everyone involved (regardless of your stance on what should happen to the players).

You took the words out of my mouth. I really don't care anymore. I can't continue supporting this administration.

Because the coach was fired because a bunch of bureaucrats were afraid of a bunch of regressive lunatics going crazy for attention. I think it should smell of injustice to everyone involved (regardless of your stance on what should happen to the players).

Spot on. I did not think TC would work out in the long term, but he got really screwed over.
Regents should have canned Kahler.

No!

Just like I've been in favor of the previous two firings, it comes with the always fun provision that it would be nice to hire somebody good to replace him. We made a terrible choice when Mason finally got fired, and we got luckier than hell when we fired Brewster. Let's see what Coyle has up his sleeve.

What a pile of crap this firing is! I had my doubts with Coach Claeys especially regarding clock management this year. I'm not sure he is geared to be a big time coach. But I'm positive he shouldn't be the damn fall guy for 2 completely worthless, pathetic, inept, moronic, bumbling administrators!!!! Truly classless and pathetic!

Hell no!
The President and the AD could have calmed and prevented the boycott, the way they released the suspensions, and now waiting until after January first. AD Coyle and President Kaler just proved they used the football team and the staff for the Bowl payout and the free vacation nothing more nothing less.

Any underclassmen player with options and talent is going to leave this University. Have fun being the last place team perpetually Purdue, replacement and dog pile for years to come. This program will remain a loser for a long long time.
No wonder we are in the Wilderness and the perennial bottom feeder of the Big 10 conference. Nothing good ever comes from firing a group of successful people, who had a good impact on improving the level of play on the field, and the classroom. Instead of Big 10 Champs you might as well chant Big 10 LAST place team for another decade to come. This will be a watershed moment for the U and the football program. They thought they had an empty stadium this season, there will be more Nebraska and Wisconsin fans in the stadium this year that much is assured.

I think there is a lot of hypocrisy coming from Kaler/Coyle, but the head coach said "He's never been more proud of his players" who were blindly protesting in favor of their teammates who were investigated for sexual assault.

You can say things like, "But they obviously wouldn't support assault!" as much as you want. That's stupid. 10 guys waited in a line and not one of them said something. 100+ players/coaches stood behind them.

That's stupid.

You're stupid.

No

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Clayes picture will be next to "sacrificial lamb" in the dictionary now. He got thrown under the bus, because some teenagers acted like fools.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

There is always one (or 18) in every bunch.

It's still considered disgusting by much of the public, it is somewhat irrelevant if it was consensual or not in the PR world.

I agree. The facts don't really matter in these situations. I was merely responding the poster who was arguing that Claeys tweet was pro-rape because it was a gang bang.

It's weird because if you're joking that's because you put Football over sexual harassment. If you aren't, you are still doing that.

I absolutely am not. If a fair investigation determined they assaulted her, I'd be 100% supportive of them being kicked out of school. I supported the U's suspension of the players during the season. I supported the U's suspension of Lynch last year.

I put justice over caving into a bunch of regressive fascists.

Yes, but not because of the tweet. But, because I don't think highly of him as a head football coach.

For all those that were clamoring for him to be fired in the wake of the Title IX investigation...

problem solved, then?

No, and I am officially done with the University of Minnesota.

If TC needed to be fired for losing control of the program, why wasn't it done in September? It's ridiculous to have waited this long. I hope the women's soccer team enjoys their new venue. We may lose the football program altogether. I can't image any suitable coach wanting to take a chance on coming here given the circus that has transpired..

At least 18 or so won't have to worry about wearing their dresses in the cold tomorrow.

I absolutely am not. If a fair investigation determined they assaulted her, I'd be 100% supportive of them being kicked out of school. I supported the U's suspension of the players during the season. I supported the U's suspension of Lynch last year.

I put justice over caving into a bunch of regressive fascists.

+1. Anyone who thinks this whole charade of a media trial has been fair is 100% delusional

You're stupid.

What a great comment...

People who are against Coyle and Kaler should be happy about this decision, If there are any other admin issues going forward, they cannot use the coach as a fall guy, it will be their head.

I thought the general thought was that Claeys was a bridge coach anyway, right? I could be proven wrong (and I am sure I will be since I am not behind the scenes), but if they make a good hire, this will be great call.

Top Bottom