David Mutaf

Pitino also said in the postgame presser that the pandemic was hard for David to stay in shape especially. Sounds like Carr had gym facilities; Mutaf did not.

He looked a bit thick so conditioning may have been an issue. Maybe he likes American vittles🍪🍰🥠 over Greek!

Yes, there was a defensive series where he did a pirouette after losing who he was supposed to be guarding. KC missed the open cutter whom Mutaf had lost.

Ihnen had that happen to him a number of times and no one seems too concerned. Go easy. Plus Mash got eaten up by the KC guards.

He looked like he has some handles, and is tall enough to post up in the lane a bit. Would love to see a lot more from him, as I think he has some game that no one else on the team has.....
Agreed, at the very least he has a unique offensive skill set that is hard to come by. It will be interesting to see how he improves and fares against stronger competition. He is likely to get much more time next year with Carr likely gone and no incoming guards on the horizon at this point at least.

He looked like he has some handles, and is tall enough to post up in the lane a bit. Would love to see a lot more from him, as I think he has some game that no one else on the team has.....

Nice looking stroke from three. Looked more solid than I had pictured him. That might just be pandemic out of shape, but based on three minutes of court time, he looks like he has a future.

Nice looking stroke from three. Looked more solid than I had pictured him. That might just be pandemic out of shape, but based on three minutes of court time, he looks like he has a future.
Watching Mutaf last night left me thinking of Adam Morrison of Gonzaga fame when he first got to Gonzaga..... :) Just dreaming here...

Mutaf at least looked like he belongs on a basketball court and most importantly looks like he knows he belongs on a basketball court. I have tempered expectations but maybe a Jamal Abu-Shamala type that goes from never playing to key contributor and sometimes starter by his senior year.

The scouting report on Mutaf was that he could really fill it up on offense, but didn't play a lick of defense. Last night did nothing to change my mind.

When you send in the second unit, you want to have a gunner who can score out there. Mutaf certainly appears to have the mentality for it.

It's exciting that our reserves have real potential this year. I enjoy watching Ihnen (he started last night but...you know what I mean)/Mashburn/Mutaf/Mitchell/Freeman.

The scouting report on Mutaf was that he could really fill it up on offense, but didn't play a lick of defense. Last night did nothing to change my mind.

When you send in the second unit, you want to have a gunner who can score out there. Mutaf certainly appears to have the mentality for it.

It's exciting that our reserves have real potential this year. I enjoy watching Ihnen (he started last night but...you know what I mean)/Mashburn/Mutaf/Mitchell/Freeman.
What scouting report exactly? He played his first 4 minutes of college basketball last night.

Top Bottom