David Mutaf

Nomellini

Reaction score
My Gopher fandom has been dominated by football this fall. I was looking forward to seeing some impact from this reputed sharpshooter from Turkey, but I don't even see him on the roster. Some details, please? Thank you!

Tre was out with injury. Assume same for Mutaf but not sure.

Thank you! I hope he is more helpful than our last Turkish import. From all reports, Oto Osenieks was a great teammate, but just wasn't good on the floor.

Thank you! I hope he is more helpful than our last Turkish import. From all reports, Oto Osenieks was a great teammate, but just wasn't good on the floor.

I believe Demir was from Turkey as well, but your point still stands.

He will be. Mutaf is going to be a good player, just not sure how much he will contribute this year since we're loaded.

I’m interested to see what the injury is. I’m excited to see him play, but I struggle to see where and how he cracks the rotation

Guys, by rule, one positive COVID-19 TEst in the entire program and we aren’t playing for 14 days. (If they don’t alter it...seems crazy stringent)
Tre has a shoulder injury and Mutaf was also injured.
Johnson played on bum ankle.
Robbins recently returned from injury.
Reportedly Gabe’s headband was too tight.

Guys, by rule, one positive COVID-19 TEst in the entire program and we aren’t playing for 14 days. (If they don’t alter it...seems crazy stringent)
Tre has a shoulder injury and Mutaf was also injured.
Johnson played on bum ankle.
Robbins recently returned from injury.
Reportedly Gabe’s headband was too tight.

Don’t know if that’s necessarily true. About covid. UNI didn’t bring Trae Barlow on their trip because of covid but could still play?

Don’t know if that’s necessarily true. About covid. UNI didn’t bring Trae Barlow on their trip because of covid but could still play?
Lol, neither do I? I'm far from an expert on NCCA rules. I'm going by what Richard said. I'm going by the printed information below. However, people cheat, people interpret and bend rules differently so how each school complies I'm sure is varied. It does say: it is suggested...

Quarantine and Isolation Considerations

Tier 1 Individuals With High Risk Exposure

When a Tier 1 individual tests positive, it is suggested that all other Tier 1 individuals quarantine as soon as the results are known for a period of 14 days, with contact tracing beginning immediately to determine who was subject to a high-risk exposure.
Ultimately, the applicable public health officials have jurisdiction to make these determinations. Schools can consider the need for and potential benefit of training on-site personnel in contact tracing through accepted courses such as the Coursera class, as access to additional trained staff can be an invaluable contact tracing resource with respect to institutional risk-management efforts and resources.

Nebraska announced that one of their players sat out yesterday because of Covid and they played yesterday are playing again today

Nebraska announced that one of their players sat out yesterday because of Covid and they played yesterday are playing again today
Okay, so the Big Ten updated this a few days ago but Richard forgot to update me. They now just isolate the positive test.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/watchs...d-19-protocols-for-basketball-11-23-2020/amp/

Good stuff on the Big Ten referee plan too!
I’m much more optimistic we’ll play more than 20 games ... God willing and the whole country isn’t house bound.

I’m interested to see what the injury is. I’m excited to see him play, but I struggle to see where and how he cracks the rotation
Mutaf can have Gabe's minutes if he keeps chucking bricks up all season long. From the tape I've seen, the kid can really shoot the ball.

Mutaf can have Gabe's minutes if he keeps chucking bricks up all season long. From the tape I've seen, the kid can really shoot the ball.

Does he defend and lead like Gabe? Even at Gabes lower percentage last year he was still a valuable and important piece on the team. He created lots of space for Oturo and Carr. Mutaf isn’t taking his minutes. He’s gotta take minutes from Mash, Tre, and Ihnen

Gabe does many things that make his team better.

He does. But its hard to be a net positive if you’re 0 for the world on 3s. He has to provide some shooting and scoring. He isn’t long to be respected and will draw less attention.
He did look more able and willing to go to the rim on Wednesday. That would be helpful if it continues.

Anyone good with #s? I’d love to see Gabes true shooting percentage but I am extremely hungover and don’t want to figure out how to do that on my own.

Mutaf will be fun to have but I don’t expect to see himmuch this year barring injuries or Covid issues with guys ahead of him

Anyone good with #s? I’d love to see Gabes true shooting percentage but I am extremely hungover and don’t want to figure out how to do that on my own.

Mutaf will be fun to have but I don’t expect to see himmuch this year barring injuries or Covid issues with guys ahead of him
Nvm. If I breakout the laptop later I’ll try to scrape it together.

Gabe's TS%:
2019-2020 - 50.5%
2018-2019 - 58%

For comparison 2019 TS%:
Marcus Carr - 50.8%
Daniel Oturu - 62%
Peyton Willis - 51.9%

Gabe's TS%:
2019-2020 - 50.5%
2018-2019 - 58%

For comparison 2019 TS%:
Marcus Carr - 50.8%
Daniel Oturu - 62%
Peyton Willis - 51.9%

Interesting that Carr’s was comparable to gabe’s last year. I suppose Gabe made 24 more threes which helped him make up” a lot of ground on points per attempt. And Carr was probably the focal point of the defensive backcourt. Either way, closer than I remember.

Oturu was so incredible last year. Wish we could see him for another year.

Interesting that Carr’s was comparable to gabe’s last year. I suppose Gabe made 24 more threes which helped him make up” a lot of ground on points per attempt. And Carr was probably the focal point of the defensive backcourt. Either way, closer than I remember.

Oturu was so incredible last year. Wish we could see him for another year.
If I recall correctly, it was Big Ten games where Gabe went off the rails. I would love to see the Big Ten TS% stats. I am guessing Carr's were way better than Gabe's.

Edit: Just did a quick check- Carr Big Ten 3pt%= 36% Gabe Big Ten 3pt%= 30%

Last edited:

Top Bottom