Craig Bohl to Wyoming

Find it funny people mock them even though they beat us two of the last three times we played them and we are afraid to play them again

Yea, and speaking of Chris Peterson, Boise has him at 2 Mil a year and he turned down 3 Mil from a certain southern California School. Have no idea what Washington's coughing up.

Norwood needs to find some money for Jerry and the coaching staff or there'll be a flight risk.

Interesting article about stipulations that were made for Bohl, if I'm reading correctly, he cannot bring any recruits and he (or Wyoming) will have to pay $100K -->

Emails reveal details of NDSU’s efforts to keep coach Craig Bohl: http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/87648/

They've always been FBS. Former WAC school.

My guess is it's the money. Reports are that he's making $350,000 at NDSU and stands to make $1.5 million at Wyoming. That's a pretty big jump in pay. I thought he might get a BCS conference job though.

I think Wyoming's a pretty decent job for him, really. While it might not be quite so well known as a 'coaches cradle' as some other schools are, the reality is it has served as an excellent stepping-stone school for some really, really good coaches who later moved onward and upward to far bigger things, guys like Bob Devaney, Fred Akers, Pat Dye, Joe Tiller, and Dennis Erickson amongst others. So I see nothing at all wrong with Bohl taking that job, and who knows, if he can prove himself on that level, then I can't see any reason why he couldn't move further up the ladder like all those other former Wyoming head coaches did.

Interesting article about stipulations that were made for Bohl, if I'm reading correctly, he cannot bring any recruits and he (or Wyoming) will have to pay $100K -->

Emails reveal details of NDSU’s efforts to keep coach Craig Bohl: http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/87648/

how could they ban him from bringing recruits with him? if a kid wants to change his commitment he can.

Bohl will get ample opportunity to prove himself there too, as Wyoming always seems to play highly impressive non-conference schedules. Next year they're playing at Oregon and at Michigan State, and in the next several seasons they've scheduled home and aways vs. Washington State, NIU, and Missouri, and then they play at Nebraska again and will be hosting Oregon I believe in 2017, so I'll be very curious to see how he's able to do against that relative murderers row.

how could they ban him from bringing recruits with him? if a kid wants to change his commitment he can.

Pretty sure that's unenforceable.

The Bison forums are exploding right now. It's pretty amusing. A lot of their fans legitimately think that this is a downgrade for him, and can't believe he'd leave in the middle of a playoff run.

They don't seem to realize that the Mountain West, while not a BCS conference, is still a big step up from any FCS program in terms of money and resources, and that Wyoming will want him to start immediately on recruiting.

The Bison forums are exploding right now. It's pretty amusing. A lot of their fans legitimately think that this is a downgrade for him, and can't believe he'd leave in the middle of a playoff run.

They don't seem to realize that the Mountain West, while not a BCS conference, is still a big step up from any FCS program in terms of money and resources, and that Wyoming will want him to start immediately on recruiting.

Next thing we'll hear is the Bison Fanbase "cooled on him".

Not to mention the running water, electricity and 22 extra scholarships..

Bohl will get ample opportunity to prove himself there too, as Wyoming always seems to play highly impressive non-conference schedules. Next year they're playing at Oregon and at Michigan State, and in the next several seasons they've scheduled home and aways vs. Washington State, NIU, and Missouri, and then they play at Nebraska again and will be hosting Oregon I believe in 2017, so I'll be very curious to see how he's able to do against that relative murderers row.

This is a good gig for Bohl and if successful, will open doors for better jobs. NDSU fans are delusional if they think the Bison job is better. If they really think that, they can start by paying their coach what he is now worth.

Wyoming Schedule
at Nebraska (Big Ten Network) L 37-34 0-1
Sept. 7, 2013 Idaho (Root) W 42-10 1-1
Sept. 14, 2013 Northern Colo. W 35-7 2-1
Sept. 21, 2013 at Air Force (ESPNU) W 56-23 3-1 (1-0)
Sept. 28, 2013 at Texas State L 42-21 3-2
Oct. 12, 2013 New Mexico (Root) W 38-31 4-2 (2-0)
Oct. 19, 2013 Colorado State (Root) L 52-22 4-3 (2-1)
Oct. 26, 2013 at San Jose St. (Root) L 51-44 4-4 (2-2)
Nov. 9, 2013 Fresno State (ESPN2) L 48-10 4-5 (2-3)
Nov. 16, 2013 at Boise State (ESPN2) L 48-7 4-6 (2-4)
Nov. 23, 2013 Hawaii (PPV) W 59-56 5-6 (3-4)
Nov. 30, 2013 at Utah State (Root) L 35-7 5-7 (3-5)

NDSU Schedule

Fri. 8/30/2013 Kansas State Manhattan, Kan. W 24-21
Sat. 9/7/2013 Ferris State Fargo, N.D. W 56-10
Sat. 9/21/2013 Delaware State Fargo, N.D. W 51-0
Sat. 9/28/2013 * #6/6 South Dakota State (Dakota Marker)
Sat. 10/5/2013 * #4/4 Northern Iowa (Trees Bowl) Fargo, N.D. W 24-23
Sat. 10/12/2013 * Missouri State (Homecoming) Fargo, N.D. W 41-26
Sat. 10/19/2013 * Southern Illinois Carbondale, Ill. W 31-10
Sat. 10/26/2013 * Indiana State Terre Haute, Ind. W 56-10
Sat. 11/9/2013 * Illinois State (Harvest Bowl) Fargo, N.D. W 28-10
Sat. 11/16/2013 * #15/15 Youngstown State Youngstown, Ohio W 35-17
Sat. 11/23/2013 * South Dakota Fargo, N.D. W 42-0
NCAA FCS Second Round
Sat. 12/7/2013 Furman Fargo, N.D. W 38-7
Sat. 12/14/2013 #11 Coastal Carolina Fargo, N.D. 11 a.m.

Bohl is 55 years old, I don't think he's looking for a stepping stone job. I'm guessing it comes down to money and I can't blame him for that.

55 with a "past" He wasn't going to get a better gig. Cue up.Frank Solich. Birds of a feather..

He'll make almost a million more dollars per year.

Let's not make this complicated.

Honestly there are a lot of people in college football who are surprised that Bohl took this job and view it as a downgrade in terms of facilities and support. It's a legitimately surprising move considering some people were throwing his name around for BCS jobs.

Not that we can't laugh at them. We totally can. But I get their shock.

Honestly there are a lot of people in college football who are surprised that Bohl took this job and view it as a downgrade in terms of facilities and support. It's a legitimately surprising move considering some people were throwing his name around for BCS jobs. Not that we can't laugh at them. We totally can. But I get their shock.

It's a huge pay increase. That's all the support he needs at this stage in his career.

Just saw that Bohl is rumored to be making 1.5 million a year at Wyoming. Wow. That would make him the highest paid coach in the Mtn West, and paid better than Coach Kill.

Must be some secret rancher booster money out there.

Bohl is making about $350k now and will get $1.3 mil at Wyoming. Laramie, Wy has a population of 30,000 and sits in a wind-blown, barren landscape. Fargo-Moorhead has 100,000 people and is a cultural mecca compared to Laramie. Money talks.

Fargo-Moorhead has 100,000 people and is a cultural mecca compared to Laramie.

And the bowl of my toilet is a cultural Mecca compared to Fargo.

There's not that much difference between Fargo and Laramie.

That might be debatable to anyone who cares about Fargo. :)

If you honestly believe that, you haven't spent any time in both places.

Top Bottom