Craig Bohl to Wyoming

8-4 Louisiana Lafayette.
UNI took the first 4 weeks off including a pretty easy win over Iowa State and promptly lost their first 5 games in the Missouri Valley.
Google doesn't manage to list any scores before Sept 14, check the Gopher schedule and you won't see UNLV or New Mexico State.

Oh, them. The team that got crushed by 0-8 Arkansas. Yeah, congrats to ULL for tying for first in a conference full of teams that most casual fans have never heard of.

Oh, them. The team that got crushed by 0-8 Arkansas. Yeah, congrats to ULL for tying for first in a conference full of teams that most casual fans have never heard of.
this point has already been won by afurry:
You can't honestly tell me that the ULL we saw in August is the same one we saw in October and November.

So where are the 3-4 victories coming from. Our schedule didnt include the 2 teams you said NDSU could beat. So if my calculations are correct, NDSU would have gone 0-8 in the Big 10 with our schedule. I will geve them the benefit of the doubt and say they get lucky 1 game and go 1-7. That is the reality of this.

I think ndsu could of gotten through our nc schechdule 3-1...

I went to freaking NDSU for to years before transferring to the U. I absolutely despise the fans. The notion that they would go .500 in the Big Ten is just incredible.

I lived up there for a few years, and have some good friends that are fans of the team, but delusional doesn't begin to describe their fan base. They were like that when they were a D-2 program too. D-2 is arguably the least relevant level of NCAA football, yet to listen to them, you'd think they were Notre Dame under Knute Rockne or something. They're no different now that they're in FCS, only possibly more annoying.

Here's a little reality check. NDSU plays at a level of football whose title game is played in a non-descript suburb of Dallas, in a MLS soccer stadium that holds about 20,000 people. I think that about sums it up. And two of the most prominent conferences at that level don't even participate in the playoffs at all. (Ivy League and SWAC).

I've been to games, and it's kind of fun, and the fan base is excited, but it's not major college football.

I lived up there for a few years, and have some good friends that are fans of the team, but delusional doesn't begin to describe their fan base. They were like that when they were a D-2 program too. D-2 is arguably the least relevant level of NCAA football, yet to listen to them, you'd think they were Notre Dame under Knute Rockne or something. They're no different now that they're in FCS, only possibly more annoying.

Here's a little reality check. NDSU plays at a level of football whose title game is played in a non-descript suburb of Dallas, in a MLS soccer stadium that holds about 20,000 people. I think that about sums it up. And two of the most prominent conferences at that level don't even participate in the playoffs at all. (Ivy League and SWAC).

I've been to games, and it's kind of fun, and the fan base is excited, but it's not major college football.
Try not to break your tv when you turn on ESPN Saturday.

The Scripps National Spelling Bee is televised on ESPN. It is as important as the BCS National Championship Game, if not more so.

I like catching Winona State, UMD, St. Thomas, and St. Johns when their teams make it to their level basketball and football National Championships. I am still smarting from Gustavus losing the NC basketball game by 2 back in 2003. I would never break the TV over these games being on ESPN. I like to see the local schools do well.

Try not to break your tv when you turn on ESPN Saturday.

The never-ending quest for relevance / outside validation.

Does anyone know why Herd was blocked? His contributions to this thread were absolutely golden.

Does anyone know why Herd was blocked? His contributions to this thread were absolutely golden.

I don't know, but I'm wondering how long it will take AO54 to join him. He's managed to survive here 4+ years as a NDSU troll. Pretty impressive feat.

Their fans suck and are obnoxious beyond imagination. That said, the Bison this year would very, very likely have at least as good a record as we do if they played the same schedule and to pretend not is disingenuous. Their RBs, QB and WRs are better football players right now than what we have at the positions. Their OL is BCS caliber level, two of their LBers would start for us and Williams is a better DB than any we have. They are very junior and senior heavy in their starting line up, overall. It just is what it is. They will have probably at least as many kids get drafted and/or end up in NFL camps as teh Gophers. (Turner, Williams, Jensen, Ojuri). This is likely their peak and would be whether Bohl left or not and we're on the rise. Two or three years down the road they'll have regressed and we'll still be on the rise and it'll be a different story and the comparison would be ridiculous. Not this year, though.

The never-ending quest for relevance / outside validation.

I'm not the one trying to pretend that selling out 20,000 seat stadiums and beating Kansas State in front of 585,000 on national tv is "not major" or even roughly equivalent to D2/D3.

I'm not the one trying to pretend that selling out 20,000 seat stadiums and beating Kansas State in front of millions on national tv is "not major" or even roughly equivalent to D2/D3.

0.4 585K 8:30 PM North Dakota St. Kansas State FS1

I'm not the one trying to pretend that selling out 20,000 seat stadiums and beating Kansas State in front of millions on national tv is "not major" or even roughly equivalent to D2/D3.

We complain about attendance problems when our attendance is in the mid-to-high 40,000s. For college football, 20,000 is nothing. For hockey/basketball, pretty good.

only 585,000. Clearly minor. I bet your softball league has 585,000 viewers. Aggievision had a bigger audience.

I'm confused because didn't you say that there were millions viewing the game?

In the minds of 95% of sports fans (i.e. those who aren't fans of minor league college football) FCS is exactly as relevant as D2 or D3. In other words, not at all. It gets an occasional headline when an FCS team beats an FBS team early in the year, and is less than an afterthought the rest of the year.

I'm confused because didn't you say that there were millions viewing the game?
I was wrong, so sorry. 1.1 million watched the fcs title game last year. NDSU doesn't play in the big ten, but it's just stupid to compare them to D2.

As you're clearly seeking validation, I'll now give it to you.

If the mighty Bison hold on to defeat mighty Coastal Carolina on the hallowed grounds of the Alerus Center (I hear they love their tailgating there), and subsequently capture a third straight FCS championship, they should be spoken in the same breath as those plucky Appalachian State squads of the late 2000s.

I was wrong, so sorry. 1.1 million watched the fcs title game last year. NDSU doesn't play in the big ten, but it's just stupid to compare them to D2.

1.1 million for a championship game? Ouch...

I went to freaking NDSU for to years before transferring to the U. I absolutely despise the fans. The notion that they would go .500 in the Big Ten is just incredible. I really wish we would play them again. Win by 2 touchdowns and never have to listen to their crap again. They think that because they beat one of the worst teams in the FBS that they would finish in the top half of the Big Ten? Please.

I hate Iowa, but I hope they crush you in 2016.

Only an ND fan would be so delusional enough to make GOPHER fans hope for a big IOWA win. Think about that.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT HERE!!!

Top Bottom