Craig Bohl to Wyoming

To, as they say, give the devil his due, NDSU has been very successful through the years albeit on a lesser stage. Ron Erhardt, Jim Wacker, Don Morton, Earle Solmonson, Rocky Hager; they all had great success at NDSU before moving on and up to, let's say much less success.

Wouldn't bet on Bohl being the guy to change that streak.

"Hi I'm Craig Bohl, I will be pulling a "Tubby" in Wyoming for the next 5 years while quadrupling my salary. I love America."

Hey, if the guy can get $1 million raise by moving on, more power to him. Get real people. As was stated earlier, money talks. Unfortunately for me, all it ever says is "Good Bye".

Hey, if the guy can get $1 million raise by moving on, more power to him. Get real people. As was stated earlier, money talks. Unfortunately for me, all it ever says is "Good Bye".

agree on all accounts haha. but in all reality, any bison fans that are ticked about this need to grow up. it's an extra million per year. it's a chance to play in the fbs. it's one last hurrah while he collects his extra money. and all this crap about how it's so disrespectful to leave during a playoff run? well what's he supposed to do? make wyoming wait while he could be actively recruiting for next year's class? it's amazing how delusional some CFB fans are

agree on all accounts haha. but in all reality, any bison fans that are ticked about this need to grow up. it's an extra million per year. it's a chance to play in the fbs. it's one last hurrah while he collects his extra money. and all this crap about how it's so disrespectful to leave during a playoff run? well what's he supposed to do? make wyoming wait while he could be actively recruiting for next year's class? it's amazing how delusional some CFB fans are

Agreed. And who could understand "delusional" more than those of us who waste time on this board?

Bohl will coach NDSU for the rest of the season.

FARGO – North Dakota State athletic director Gene Taylor said this afternoon Craig Bohl will coach the North Dakota State football team the rest of the season.

Bohl will be named the head coach at the University of Wyoming tonight, but will return along with all of the assistant coaches. Taylor said he talked with Bohl on Friday about the position but he said Bohl had yet to make up his mind.

“When I saw that Wyoming was open, I knew they would come after Craig,” Taylor said..

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/420565/

This is a strange move. Lateral at best.

The best thing about Laramie is that it has the cheapest gasoline on Interstate 80 between Des Moines and San Francisco.

This is a strange move. Lateral at best. The best thing about Laramie is that it has the cheapest gasoline on Interstate 80 between Des Moines and San Francisco.

How is it lateral when he will make something like 5x what he does now? Let alone a higher league.

It's a million dollars a year extra, and that's not chump change. If he turns around Wyoming, he could still have time to move from there to a more high-profile job before retirement.

The "No Recruits" clause is absolutely unenforceable. No court would enforce it. I love it when people in my profession try to get away with such things.

I was at first surprised by the move but as I thought about it it does make some sense:

1. Obviously, seven figures is enough reason in and of itself. It does beg the question, how does a Wyoming program that not that long ago was in danger of being kicked to I-AA for attendance issues pay a coach that kind of coin? Existing coach was also making seven figures.

2. NDSU loses 22 senior starters and some of the shine was going to come off the Bohl brand next season.

3. The BCS offers weren't coming. Its a stretch to hire a I-AA coach in the BCS. The position the NDSU folks were worried about when they extended Bohl was Minnesota. Jerry Kill's position is solidified.

4. Bo Pellini stays at Nebraska. Bohl played for Osborn and coached at Neb. Another bad season or two (at least by Neb. delusional standards) and a miraculous season or two at Wyoming, and Bohl might be in play. Its a stretch.

5. Seven figures.

Perfect example of how delusional their fanbase is.

Sometimes it difficult for people to separate Conference, Level (FCS/FBS), and spending from the actual product on the field. On the field in 2013, NDSU handles Wyoming and Wyomings' schedule with very few losses and makes a strong push for winning the MWC. Wyoming would be middle of the pack in the Missouri Valley, just a fact. Money and reources do not equal quality on the field, certainly this board should understand that. Now, Wymoing spends $30 on athletics vs. 18 for NDSU, so budget and conference are a step up at Wymoming.

So, what delusional about the NDSU fanbase? NDSU has a 23 Sagarin ranking, is 34 in the AP poll, and is 40-2 the past three years at the FCS level, with a QB that could play anywhere. NDSU expects to win, and does just that. That's a fact, not delusion. Based on what I watched in the B1G this year, NDSU' would have left a pretty big wake in that conference too. If you think otherwise, you would be, well, delusional.

Sometimes it difficult for people to separate Conference, Level (FCS/FBS), and spending from the actual product on the field. On the field in 2013, NDSU handles Wyoming and Wyomings' schedule with very few losses and makes a strong push for winning the MWC. Wyoming would be middle of the pack in the Missouri Valley, just a fact. Money and reources do not equal quality on the field, certainly this board should understand that. Now, Wymoing spends $30 on athletics vs. 18 for NDSU, so budget and conference are a step up at Wymoming.

So, what delusional about the NDSU fanbase? NDSU has a 23 Sagarin ranking, is 34 in the AP poll, and is 40-2 the past three years at the FCS level, with a QB that could play anywhere. NDSU expects to win, and does just that. That's a fact, not delusion. Based on what I watched in the B1G this year, NDSU' would have left a pretty big wake in that conference too. If you think otherwise, you would be, well, delusional.

Try playing 8 or 9 games in a big-boy conference; all your guys were offered walk-ons at BIG schools for a reason, if they played that many games against the big-boys they would wear down. Luckily NDSU will fade away into oblivion and we won't have to hear another thing about them after this year. Too bad we don't put them on the schedule one more time so we can shut the little brother up one last time.

You are delusional.

Sometimes it difficult for people to separate Conference, Level (FCS/FBS), and spending from the actual product on the field. On the field in 2013, NDSU handles Wyoming and Wyomings' schedule with very few losses and makes a strong push for winning the MWC. Wyoming would be middle of the pack in the Missouri Valley, just a fact. Money and reources do not equal quality on the field, certainly this board should understand that. Now, Wymoing spends $30 on athletics vs. 18 for NDSU, so budget and conference are a step up at Wymoming. So, what delusional about the NDSU fanbase? NDSU has a 23 Sagarin ranking, is 34 in the AP poll, and is 40-2 the past three years at the FCS level, with a QB that could play anywhere. NDSU expects to win, and does just that. That's a fact, not delusion. Based on what I watched in the B1G this year, NDSU' would have left a pretty big wake in that conference too. If you think otherwise, you would be, well, delusional.

What's NDSU's record with Minnesota's schedule?

Tough pill for the Fighting Bison fans to swallow; getting cock slapped in the face with the harsh reality that Wyoming is a better destination. LMFAO.......

LOL@ND's schedule. C'mon man, don't be stupid.

LOL@ND's schedule. C'mon man, don't be stupid.

fyi, you would not be playing all 12 at home by the way, you would be in road to uniquie places like Southern IL and UNI, IL State, and KState . . . tough places to win. LOL is MN's OOC schedule, which NDSU could have mailed in. Western IL went 2-6 in the Valley and 4-8 overall, and were within a score of MN in the 4th, on the road. So you clearly don't understand playing a MVFC schedule. Based on Sagarin rating, the MVFC is equal to the MAC, where you would be playing 1/2 the games on the road. MN has a sagarin of 51, vs. 23 for NDSU, so based on that, NDSU likely get 8 or 9 wins with MN's schedule. Depth would be very important, but NDSU's depth is very strong this year.

I'll give NDSU a 4-4 with MN's B1G schedule, with 8 wins overall. By the way, 4 of those games would be at home for NDSU too. MI State and WI are top level teams, but NDSU would have a chance in the rest of those games. I'll take NDSU at home vs. any of the rest of those games. NDSU's OL, DL and running game would have give lots of people trouble.

fyi, you would not be playing all 12 at home by the way, you would be in road to uniquie places like Southern IL and UNI, IL State, and K State . . . tough places to win. LOL is MN's OOC schedule, which NDSU could have mailed in. Western IL went 2-6 in the Valley and 4-8 overall, and were within a score of MN in the 4th, on the road. So you clearly don't understand playing a MVFC schedule. Based on Sagarin rating, the MVFC is equal to the MAC, where you would be playing 1/2 the games on the road. MN has a sagarin of 51, vs. 23 for NDSU, so based on that, NDSU get 8 or 9 wins with MN's schedule.

I'll give NDSU a 4-4 with MN's B1G schedule, with 8 wins overall. By the way, 4 of those games would be at home for NDSU too. I would have loved to play that schedule. MI State and WI are top level teams, but NDSU would have a chance in the rest of those games. I'll take NDSU at home vs. any of the rest of those games this year.

LOL

fyi, you would not be playing all 12 at home by the way, you would be in road to uniquie places like Southern IL and UNI, IL State, and KState . . . tough places to win. LOL is MN's OOC schedule, which NDSU could have mailed in. Western IL went 2-6 in the Valley and 4-8 overall, and were within a score of MN in the 4th, on the road. So you clearly don't understand playing a MVFC schedule. Based on Sagarin rating, the MVFC is equal to the MAC, where you would be playing 1/2 the games on the road. MN has a sagarin of 51, vs. 23 for NDSU, so based on that, NDSU likely get 8 or 9 wins with MN's schedule. Depth would be very important, but NDSU's depth is very strong this year.

I'll give NDSU a 4-4 with MN's B1G schedule, with 8 wins overall. By the way, 4 of those games would be at home for NDSU too. MI State and WI are top level teams, but NDSU would have a chance in the rest of those games. I'll take NDSU at home vs. any of the rest of those games. NDSU's OL, DL and running game would have give lots of people trouble.

NDSU might go 3-1 in the OOC, losing to San Jose St.

I see a 2-6 or 1-7 Big Ten. I don't see them beating Penn St or Nebraska.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NDSU might go 3-1 in the OOC, losing to San Jose St.

I see a 2-6 or 1-7 Big Ten. I don't see them beating Penn St or Nebraska.

A 6-6 San Jose team ranked 86th at home in Fargo? Were going to lose that one, really? MN beat them by 20 at home, and NDSU would lose to them at Home? Come on, you even know better than that.

And 2-6 or 1-7 with your conference schedule where you went 4-4, come on, really? There is a reason that NDSU is getting more AP votes than MN. Have you ever turned the channel to something other than BTN?

A 6-6 San Jose team ranked 86th at home in Fargo? Were going to lose that one, really? MN beat them by 20 at home, and NDSU would lose to them at Home? Come on, you even know better than that.

And 2-6 or 1-7 with your conference schedule where you went 4-4, come on, really? There is a reason that NDSU is getting more AP votes than MN. Have you ever turned the channel to something other than BTN?

Fales would have a Fresno St type of game vs the Bison. And I pointed out the 2 teams that the Gophers beat that would beat the Bison. You really think the Bison beat Iowa and Michigan?

Top Bottom