Claeys - It's official

I think three years under the circumstances is fair to both sides. Good work!!

Great news! I think it's the smart move. The last thing we needed was to start over again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Maybe it's in another threads. Did TC mention is Sawvel will be moving to DC?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This will probably be the most anticipated signing day in Gopher History since......?

I think the 3 year contract is ok considering the circumstances. If he was coming from the outside then it would raise eyebrows, but seeing how this all came to be I think it can reasonably be explained on the recruiting trail. I imagine if Claeys turns in a good season next year he will get a couple more seasons tacked on and this won't be an issue.

I think the 3 year contract is ok considering the circumstances. If he was coming from the outside then it would raise eyebrows, but seeing how this all came to be I think it can reasonably be explained on the recruiting trail. I imagine if Claeys turns in a good season next year he will get a couple more seasons tacked on and this won't be an issue.

Also they just made him the Head Coach now and upped his money for the rest of the season. That would make it a 4-year contract, or maybe a 3 year extension? ;)

Glad Claeys does not take advice from Glen Mason. He was on KFAN this afternoon insisting that Claeys is foolish for not demanding at least a 5 year contract. Just a reminder that I personally do not miss Mason a bit.

Love the hire!!!

Questions

Does he hire someone he knows well from the outside to bring on staff I think he does.

He said it a couple times I want put his own spin on this program with some ideas can't wait to see what they are.

Does everyone stick around? I hope so!

Excited for Sewell to get the D job.

Wow the kids are excited it seems.

I believe in the next couple months kill will take some roll with the U now that Cleays is in place.

Maybe fundraising go to guy.

Thank god the U didn't wait this one out.
A few thoughts:
It's really a 3 year deal starting next season.
It's an extension of the Kill program, so recruits should know what to expect.
It does allow JUCO recruits to know the staff will be here for their entire career. The potential for several JUCOs to come in and start in key spots is high, especially on the lines.
The next 2 seasons set up nicely for Claeys to make a run at 8-10 wins both years, which should be good enough to earn a hell of an extension. By then the facilities will be coming through and in state recruiting will have been worked for 7 years by this staff.
All good things moving forward.

Agree with almost everything you've said here. Although.......I think the OL is in better shape than you think. We've had a lot of good recruits on the line over the past few years. If only they could stay healthy...............

I believe in the next couple months kill will take some roll with the U now that Cleays is in place.

The U already has several fundraising go to guys/gals. Jerry Kill is not a professional fundraiser.

The U already has several fundraising go to guys/gals. Jerry Kill is not a professional fundraiser.

Don't be too fixated on "professional fundraisers". It is a total team effort. WHile they raise a chunk of money I have no doubt, Jerry Kill is a transformative persona that can lend a hand at retiring the significant amount of money the U athletics need to raise.

My guess is he will pretty much stay clear of the program and football for at least a year.

Top Bottom