Chances ESPN college gameday at TCF Bank Stadium

I think you guys should worry about filling up the stadium before even considering gameday coming here. They like a scene full of college football fans in the background. I don't think the 30,000 Gopher fans (plus 15,000 away fans) will cut it.

"15,000" lmao

I think you guys should worry about filling up the stadium before even considering gameday coming here. They like a scene full of college football fans in the background. I don't think the 30,000 Gopher fans (plus 15,000 away fans) will cut it.

They could always point the camera at all of our Nat' Championship markers then?

Just take care of what we can.

We have Penn State in front of us, everything else is out of our control.

BbB. Beat Penn State.

"15,000" lmao

I was at the Nebraska game. Even with one of the largest traveling fan bases in the league in town they couldn't sell out.

I'll be at the Penn State game this weekend too, since tickets are plentiful, only $20, and it doesn't interfere with the Badger game.

There's support on this message board, but the team has a ways to go to attract the casual fan and the students.

They could always point the camera at all of our Nat' Championship markers then?

And have people think "Gee, they haven't won the B1G since the 1960s? Ouch." Maybe not the best marketing tactic

And have people think "Gee, they haven't won the B1G since the 1960s? Ouch." Maybe not the best marketing tactic

National Champtionship markers don't show when the last B1G title was. Don't feel bad for not knowing that though, we understand that Wisconsin fans are unfamiliar with national football titles.

If people knew as much about World History as they do about the historical locations for ESPN Gameday broadcasts, there would be no more wars.

Yeah, there is a bad way to market National Championships, right. In your defense, you wouldn't get, how could you?

So you haven't been to a Bucky game since the Dome days huh? :cool:

What would you or anyone in your fanbase know about winning National Championships? 123 seasons and counting bucky...

Does Jerry Kill mention National Championships on recruiting trips? Honestly. What does he say if (when) a recruit responds with "OK, what about the 70 years since then?"

And yes, the national champions do show when the last B1G title was. They were at nearly the same time, no? And the numbers on the façade are located at the same end of the stadium, so nobody would ever see one and not the other.

Does Jerry Kill mention National Championships on recruiting trips? Honestly. What does he say if (when) a recruit responds with "OK, what about the 70 years since then?"

And yes, the national champions do show when the last B1G title was. They were at nearly the same time, no? And the numbers on the façade are located at the same end of the stadium, so nobody would ever see one and not the other.
You should probably quit digging

Becky fan are jealous. Yeah they will argue over the last so many years we have been top notch, etc etc. The funny thing is when we were the gods of college football we actually backed it up with National Championships, over and over and over. This is something Becky fans cant relate to, you know they would love to say well we won a NC at least once in the history of the program but cant, so they rehash the recent success of (insert something here) over and over. Lets look at that, rising football team, lost last three Rose Bowls, Lost in big time games, never reached elite level like NC game, even though they beat Gophers last 8 times in a row they are still behind in the overall standings between the two teams. Yeah, I would hate being a becky fan also with that kind of success or lack thereof.

Changing direction here?

Becky fans are jealous. Yeah they will argue over the last so many years we have been top notch, etc etc. The funny thing is when we were the gods of college football we actually backed it up with National Championships, over and over and over. This is something Becky fans cant relate to, you know they would love to say well we won a NC at least once in the history of the program but cant, so they rehash the recent success of (insert something here) over and over. Lets look at that, rising football team, lost last three Rose Bowls, Lost in big time games, never reached elite level like NC game, even though they beat Gophers last 8 times in a row they are still behind in the overall standings between the two teams. Yeah, I would hate being a becky fan also with that kind of success or lack thereof.

They are a LOT of things, but they certainly aren't jealous of the National Championships. First, those Championships are a long, long time ago and secondly? As we've been told by Bucky Fans on here many times before anything that happened before 1993 does not count! :eek:

Except for that one kid who use to come here and tell us that nothing before 2008 or 9 counted because that's when he started school. :drink:

National Champtionship markers don't show when the last B1G title was. Don't feel bad for not knowing that though, we understand that Wisconsin fans are unfamiliar with national football titles.

Post of the year right there. LMAO.

Just take care of what we can.

We have Penn State in front of us, everything else is out of our control.

BbB. Beat Penn State.

Us on this board actually have more power to lobby a Gameday crew to come to MN than we do to win the game vs PSU. Gameday @ UMN relies on us beating PSU this weekend, so anyone on here is already assuming that is a must for this fantasy. If we win, email/twitter/facebook/whatever it takes to get their attention.

On the way home from the golf course today, my friend was looking up Gopher stuff on his phone and said ESPN had a female reporter at the press conference today who was going to interview Kill for a piece on Gameday this Saturday. He later told me it was in the Star Tribune. Sigh. I have told him not to go there, but... Anyway, I think that's about as close as we're going to get...this year.

I'm guessing he would give up on that recruit, as any high schooler who thinks 2013 - 1960 = 70 is likely going to have difficulties qualifying academically

Sam Ponder interviewed Claeys and Kill for College Gameday this week

Becky fan are jealous.

I stopped reading here.

What are we jealous of? The Badgers have been good my entire life. I've been to Pasadena. I've seen Heisman winners. I've watched us beat a top ranked team. We aren't jealous of anything about your program. If anything, we feel bad for you guys because you're our number 1 rivals but it's not much of a rivalry.

We honestly wonder how you guys can take pride in something that happened well before you were born when your team has sucked so much for the past 50 or so odd years.

Trust me, we aren't jealous AT ALL. I was born in the 80s. Started following college football in the 90s. So for me, yes, college football started in the 90s. I really don't care what happened before I was born. I understand the older folks appreciate Wisconsin football a lot more now because of it, but I've always cheered for a winner (except in a few .500 down years)

But since you guys love your national titles so much, I'd love to hear stories from those seasons. Go on! I'm listening...

(I should mention I understand that you guys on here are the Gopher die-hards and not representative of the whole fanbase. Most Gopher fans don't give a **** about the national titles)

I stopped reading here.

What are we jealous of? The Badgers have been good my entire life. I've been to Pasadena. I've seen Heisman winners. I've watched us beat a top ranked team. We aren't jealous of anything about your program. If anything, we feel bad for you guys because you're our number 1 rivals but it's not much of a rivalry.

We honestly wonder how you guys can take pride in something that happened well before you were born when your team has sucked so much for the past 50 or so odd years.

Trust me, we aren't jealous AT ALL.

never mind the fact that you guys were trash for 35 of those fifty years.
The funny thing about national championships is they never go away, Our banner still will fly as long as there is college football, While you guys will be stuck in this horrible purgatory of not winning a National Championship ever.

Enjoy your suck-cess now you smug ass, but the mighty always fall! just like we did.

What are we jealous of?

We aren't jealous of anything about your program.

Trust me, we aren't jealous AT ALL.

Translation: Seriously, we aren't jealous. Hey, did you hear me? We aren't jealous. I'm serious, not jealous AT ALL. Shut up. I said we weren't jealous. Trust me.

But since you guys love your national titles so much, I'd love to hear stories from those seasons. Go on! I'm listening...

I wonder if Badger fans also care about WWII vets and the stories of how our armed forces helped win that war. Or if Notre Dame fans get a feeling of pride when people talk about the glory years of Ara Parseghian.

Nobody here is taking away from the recent success of the Badgers (well, except for the backing your way in to the Rose Bowl last year with 2 teams having finished above you in your own division). Absolutely an amazing run and prime example of what a school in a talent-poor state can do with a solid foundation. But to act like national titles from back in the day don't matter, that the wins we have over your team that give us the all-time-edge (STILL), etc etc etc don't matter is pure lunacy. I'm proud. I wasn't alive but I love that we did win those titles.

Back to Gameday coming to campus...

Top Bottom