Cam Christie is entering the Transfer Portal

The Timberwolves have better defenders and better coaches. The Gophers WILL GET RUN OFF THE COURT if CBJ uses a 6-7 rotation against opponents 7-9 rotation. Just like the end of last season, except the Gophers top seven players will be weaker next year, although their bench will be better next year. The bench that CBJ will never put on the floor.
I'd like to see the Timberwolves coaches try coach this Gophers team. With totally outmatched scrubs, I bet they suddenly wouldn't seem so intelligent.

I'd like to see the Timberwolves coaches try coach this Gophers team. With totally outmatched scrubs, I bet they suddenly wouldn't seem so intelligent.
It would likely be safe to say that with the exact same line up and exact same schedule that the Wolves staff would yield better results than the Gophers staff.

All that being said, there is not enough talent on the Gophers team to win at a high level, not even close.

It would likely be safe to say that with the exact same line up and exact same schedule that the Wolves staff would yield better results than the Gophers staff.

All that being said, there is not enough talent on the Gophers team to win at a high level, not even close.
Was not, or is not?

Thanks. I think it remains to be seen whether or not we can compete at a level to get an NCAA bid. Higher than that? Highly unlikely.
Just saying we are projected based upon whom we've brought in vs whom we've lost to be a bottom 2 or 3 in the B1G.... As of right now the ncaa tourney isn't even on the radar....

Just saying we are projected based upon whom we've brought in vs whom we've lost to be a bottom 2 or 3 in the B1G.... As of right now the ncaa tourney isn't even on the radar....
Last year we projected last. Few of the experts thought that a 5-10 kid from Howard would come in an become the Big Ten assist leader or that Christie would be on the all Big Ten freshman team.

Do we have those sleepers coming in (Asuma, Patterson, Mitchell, et al) again or do we have nothin'?

This is what I call the “Phil Jackson Syndrome”. Phil Jackson was a genius when he was coaching Jordan, Pippen and Rodman. When he was coaching a collection of stiffs with the Knicks..not so much. All coaches suffer this at some point. Just look at Gregg Popovich…same thing. Bill Belicheck comes to mind. It is ALWAYS the players that ultimately determine whether a team can be competitive or not. Good coaching is important but you cannot win big or consistently with mediocre players no matter how good the coaching is.

This is what I call the “Phil Jackson Syndrome”. Phil Jackson was a genius when he was coaching Jordan, Pippen and Rodman. When he was coaching a collection of stiffs with the Knicks..not so much. All coaches suffer this at some point. Just look at Gregg Popovich…same thing. Bill Belicheck comes to mind. It is ALWAYS the players that ultimately determine whether a team can be competitive or not. Good coaching is important but you cannot win big or consistently with mediocre players no matter how good the coaching is.
Correct. I’m saying the wolves coaches are overall better coaches

Anything new here about Christie transferring/coming back/staying in the draft? Nope? Ok bye!
May 29 (next Wednesday)is the deadline to withdraw from the draft.
If he doesn't withdraw, he will very likely be drafted from what I read.

If that was the case the most talented team would always win. Funny how that isn't the case.

Oh and Doug Collins had Pippen and Jordan...I forget how many titles did they win when he was coach?

And when did Jackson coach the Knicks exactly? (He was President of the team not coach)

Tankathon finally added Cam at #44 to HOU and Bronny going #55 to LAL to keep their real GM placated.

If that was the case the most talented team would always win. Funny how that isn't the case.

Oh and Doug Collins had Pippen and Jordan...I forget how many titles did they win when he was coach?

And when did Jackson coach the Knicks exactly? (He was President of the team not coach)
Too bad the Twins didn't hire Joe Torre or another good manager. We could have had all those Yankee championships. And eliminated them from the playoffs every year.

Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 8.46.08 PM.png
Interesting...Richard Pitino and Ben Johnson lead the whoa is me list.
Neither likely to return to their original college teams.

Last year we projected last. Few of the experts thought that a 5-10 kid from Howard would come in an become the Big Ten assist leader or that Christie would be on the all Big Ten freshman team.

Do we have those sleepers coming in (Asuma, Patterson, Mitchell, et al) again or do we have nothin'?
Really? I thought most everybody thought that freshman team was the floor...question was whether he'd be All Big Ten in my mind.
If a 5'10" guy doesn't have potential for superior assist ability he's probably not getting the invite. Leading the league? Ya, that was a pleasant surprise but the way he did it is duplicatable by most any quick guard...beat your man, attack the rim, throw the lob.Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 11.02.04 PM.png
Not the stiffest of competition to grab a spot on the Big Ten Freshman team

Last edited:

Top Bottom