Cam Christie is entering the Transfer Portal

Per your post..."If CBJ uses a 6- or -7 man rotation, the Gophers will get run off the court". Wolves basically played 6-7.
Well, they played 8 but...the Gophers don't exactly have Edwards, Conley, Towns, et al. If you have 9-10 guys with not much ability separation then it makes a whole lot of sense to keep running fresh bodies out there and play harder than the other team.

The Wolves bench attempted 14 field goals.
The Nuggets bench attempted 4 field goals.
Naz defended Jokic in place of Towns/Gobert.
NAW defended Murray in place of Jaden.
I would say the Wolves used their roster depth much better than did the Nuggets.
Not disagreeing but it changes game by game. They both emptied the benches in one game. A vast majority of minutes are played by the top six players, unless someone gets in foul trouble.

Per your post..."If CBJ uses a 6- or -7 man rotation, the Gophers will get run off the court". Wolves basically played 6-7.
The Timberwolves have better defenders and better coaches. The Gophers WILL GET RUN OFF THE COURT if CBJ uses a 6-7 rotation against opponents 7-9 rotation. Just like the end of last season, except the Gophers top seven players will be weaker next year, although their bench will be better next year. The bench that CBJ will never put on the floor.

Not disagreeing but it changes game by game. They both emptied the benches in one game. A vast majority of minutes are played by the top six players, unless someone gets in foul trouble.
When NBA teams empty the bench, they are stopping their normal substitution rotation and playing reserves.
The normal substitution rotation is usually an eight-man rotation with five starters, one backup big, one backup wing and one backup guard.
This can vary somewhat based on players' skill sets and game situations. P8

Just went thru 7 NBA MOCK DRAFTS! Only 2 of the 7 had him being drafted! 2 OF THE MICKS LISTED THERE TOP 120 PLAYERS AND HE WAS NOT LISTED IN EITHER IF THEM! All you overrate him immensely, good shooter, physically weak and has not shown that he is willing defensively to put in the work needed to be a good defender!
Oh no! Mock drafts say otherwise, apologies. You are right, I am def overrating him. Says the guy who has the time to read through 7 mocks a month before the weakest draft in recent memory.

Care to make a wager that he's drafted?

Oh no! Mock drafts say otherwise, apologies. You are right, I am def overrating him. Says the guy who has the time to read through 7 mocks a month before the weakest draft in recent memory.

I will bet that for $20million, i can offer Cam $10million for him to withdraw from the draft, and then I will split the money with him.

The Timberwolves have better defenders and better coaches. The Gophers WILL GET RUN OFF THE COURT if CBJ uses a 6-7 rotation against opponents 7-9 rotation. Just like the end of last season, except the Gophers top seven players will be weaker next year, although their bench will be better next year. The bench that CBJ will never put on the floor.
Again, not disagreeing about the Wolves, but their top 6-7 play a vast majority of the minutes.. So you went from 8-9-10 to 7-9. You really need to go review the gophs box scores. A vast majority of minutes by gophs and their opponents are played by the top 6-7. On the season, NINE players on the Gophs played in at least 28 games, with the lowest game averge at 11.5 minutes. Purdue had SEVEN players who played in at least 28 games and averaged at least 11.5 minutes.

When NBA teams empty the bench, they are stopping their normal substitution rotation and playing reserves.
The normal substitution rotation is usually an eight-man rotation with five starters, one backup big, one backup wing and one backup guard.
This can vary somewhat based on players' skill sets and game situations. P8
Duh...really?

Last year CBJ intended to go 8, maybe 9 deep. It just didn't work out. JoJ would have made us 8 deep, but he refused to accept a bench role. They thought Ihnen could give them some minutes, and it turned out he couldn't.

yeahI have the time i am 67 and recovering from a massive brain hemorrhage where 2 arteries burst in my brain and took 4 days to bleed out because I was on blood thinners bitch. So f u you weasel

200w.gif

Last year CBJ intended to go 8, maybe 9 deep. It just didn't work out. JoJ would have made us 8 deep, but he refused to accept a bench role. They thought Ihnen could give them some minutes, and it turned out he couldn't.
Yeah, I actually give Ben credit for realizing that he couldn't play JOJ or Ihnen at the 3 and the minutes for the bigs had to be divided between Garcia, Payne, and Parker Fox.

Who should have played less in the front court? Garcia, Payne, or Fox?

Yeah, I actually give Ben credit for realizing that he couldn't play JOJ or Ihnen at the 3 and the minutes for the bigs had to be divided between Garcia, Payne, and Parker Fox.

Who should have played less in the front court? Garcia, Payne, or Fox?

JoJ was also playing the Wing last season, and again to your point, should Christie have sat? Make no mistake, JoJ is a good player. The posters here who claim he didn't play because he stinks, or didn't play defense, don't understand basketball. It was a numbers game. When Garcia & Payne returned from injury, it cut into JoJ's minutes. When Fox got up to speed, it cut into JoJ's minutes. As Christie emerged, it cut into JoJ's minutes. With a good attitude, JoJ would have continued to be in the rotation off the bench, but instead he threw a fit in the locker room, and quit. When he returned, the entire thing was damaged, and couldn't be repaired.

Ihnen? That's on CBJ. CBJ talked him up, and created unrealistic expectations. Not sure what CBJ was seeing in practice, but it didn't translate to games.

Could it be the two injuries more and more limited the performance of Ihnen?

on Christie - I am not an NBA draft nick, but I keep hearing/reading that this is considered a weak draft compared to other years. so you probably have a lot more players like Christie - players with some talent, but also with flaws - who could be considered as draft picks this year, but probably would not be drafted if the top of the draft was stronger.

someone mentioned the NHL system. I would be fine with seeing something similar in the NBA. so let's say the Wolves draft a college FR, and allow him to go back to college for another year, but the Wolves retain his rights. this would work for kids who need more development, but might fit better in the college structure as opposed to the G-League.

I'm sure if you look hard enough it is possible to find mock drafts that don't list him on some obscure site where a dude in his basement is pretending to be a draft expert. :)

What’s your URL?

yeahI have the time i am 67 and recovering from a massive brain hemorrhage where 2 arteries burst in my brain and took 4 days to bleed out because I was on blood thinners bitch. So f u you weasel
Relax, sounds like doctors orders

Don't tell me to relax you spoiled, smug no nothing yuppie little twit! F u. Get back to me when you have experienced life a little and actually faced hardship or a life altering event and overcame it! Played and coached higher level amateur sports ( hockey, baseball, and soccer)
int[QUOTE="kix4kix, post:

[/QUOTE]
You are just a no it all, wet behind the ears, spoiled smug, stupid, yuppie little asshole who never has experienced any hardship in life. I have played and coached in high level amateur sports in soccer, baseball and hockey and rehabbed and overcame 9 knee surgeries, 8 broken bones, and 5+ concussions, 2 heart attacks, a triple bypass and mitral valve repair, and a brain hemorrhage/hemorrhagic stroke! So f u bitch

Don't tell me to relax you spoiled, smug no nothing yuppie little twit! F u. Get back to me when you have experienced life a little and actually faced hardship or a life altering event and overcame it! Played and coached higher level amateur sports ( hockey, baseball, and soccer)

You are just a no it all, wet behind the ears, spoiled smug, stupid, yuppie little asshole who never has experienced any hardship in life. I have played and coached in high level amateur sports in soccer, baseball and hockey and rehabbed and overcame 9 knee surgeries, 8 broken bones, and 5+ concussions, 2 heart attacks, a triple bypass and mitral valve repair, and a brain hemorrhage/hemorrhagic stroke! So f u bitch
[/QUOTE]
*know it all

Lmao, sounds like you need health insurance

int

Didn’t your parents teach you any manners?

[/QUOTE]
Welcome to g.h.

on Christie - I am not an NBA draft nick, but I keep hearing/reading that this is considered a weak draft compared to other years. so you probably have a lot more players like Christie - players with some talent, but also with flaws - who could be considered as draft picks this year, but probably would not be drafted if the top of the draft was stronger.

someone mentioned the NHL system. I would be fine with seeing something similar in the NBA. so let's say the Wolves draft a college FR, and allow him to go back to college for another year, but the Wolves retain his rights. this would work for kids who need more development, but might fit better in the college structure as opposed to the G-League.
This appears to be a historically weak draft....I saw a tweet from an unnamed NBA exec (maybe it was tongue in cheek) who said that drafting Alex Starr #1 is like drafting Tobias Harris. YIKES

Timberwolves did the Nuggets what all teams will do to the Gophers if the Gophers fail to utilize their roster depth.
The Twolves played fast with a deep bench and ran the Nuggets (who had no bench) ragged.
If CBJ uses a 6- or -7 man rotation, the Gophers will get run off the court by all good teams which use their superior depth with 8-, 9- or 10- man rotations.
For evidence, watch last night's Twolves game.
Rotation?? We can't even keep our starters.

Top Bottom