Bret Bielema showing pure class once again

Why would any parent allow their son to play for this jerk?
The same reason a lot of parents send their sons to play for jerk coaches: They want to see them in the NFL

Let's not be too hard on him. He was only going by what the card told him to say.

The same reason a lot of parents send their sons to play for jerk coaches: They want to see them in the NFL

Oh please. If concern #1 is "likelihood of playing in the NFL", there are dozens of schools anyone would choose before Wisconsin.

More delusions of grandeur from the Becky fanbase.

The question was broader then just PSU. She asked for his thoughts on the situations at OSU, Miami and PSU. He said, "I guess, during this time just enjoy & embrace being a Badger fan." His response was just his way of avoiding the question. Your really digging if you see a slight in there to the PSU situation. The reporter is a known joke in Wis, who is little better than a shock jock. The real outrage here should be the media trying to scrape every bit of exposure and profit that they can out of this tragedy.

But then again it is Axe week so I understand why people are reaching.

Oh please. If concern #1 is "likelihood of playing in the NFL", there are dozens of schools anyone would choose before Wisconsin.

More delusions of grandeur from the Becky fanbase.

Hey genius, not every player in the country is recruited by those "dozens of schools" It has been well documented that Wisconsin develops a lot of mid-level recruits into NFL-caliber talent, among the top school in the country in fact. That is right, it is a fact, whether you want to admit it or not.

Hey genius, not every player in the country is recruited by those "dozens of schools" It has been well documented that Wisconsin develops a lot of mid-level recruits into NFL-caliber talent, among the top school in the country in fact. That is right, it is a fact, whether you want to admit it or not.
By recruits you mean lineman, right?

By recruits you mean lineman, right?

I think what he means is that wisconsin is the only school capable of taking a 3 star or lower player and making them a legitimate D1 player. I mean really, it's well documented that no other school can even possibly compare to their grand history in all things football, right?

I don't think "GopherinPittsbugh" was asked about what he thought about the Penn St. scandal. If you can't see the difference in this and Bielema's response to a direct question about the scandal, you're lost.

What Bielema said wasn't tactful but it was innocuous. People are reaching here. I would bet he's said stupider things than this but there's such a culture of outrage in this country that people seem to need it like oxygen.

Im a Badger Fan and I cant stand BB. I hope the Gophers win and he gets fired.

How many people heard what question was asked or what the exact response was? How many read a transcript? How many are responding to something that someone read on Twitter?

Im a Badger Fan and I cant stand BB. I hope the Gophers win and he gets fired.

Wait...so you're a Badger FB fan who wants the Gophers to win this weekend? But you're also a Gopher BB fan. Jeebus, this is just getting stupid.

How many people heard what question was asked or what the exact response was? How many read a transcript? How many are responding to something that someone read on Twitter?
Um, it's HATE WEEK. How many people don't give a s**t and just want to bask in some sweet sweet Badger hate?

There's a reason this dullard has been single for 40 years. He never grew up, old Mongo is too stupid to stay out of his own way. When you aren't able to tie your own shoes, the best comment is no comment

What Bielema said wasn't tactful but it was innocuous. People are reaching here. I would bet he's said stupider things than this but there's such a culture of outrage in this country that people seem to need it like oxygen.

Nope. This scandal imo is one of the worst in the history of sport. He deserves all what people say about him.

I think what he means is that wisconsin is the only school capable of taking a 3 star or lower player and making them a legitimate D1 player. I mean really, it's well documented that no other school can even possibly compare to their grand history in all things football, right?
Where did I say this? Look, someone asked why anyone would send their son to play for BB, I gave a reason. I realize UW isn't the only school that develops players, I never said they were. If I was a parent of a high school player and he had his choice of schools, Wisconsin woudn't be my first choice. If his choices were between UW and a few mid-level teams, UW might get might vote because of the current regime's history of developing players. That is one possible reason. Someone asked, I answered.
BTW: Saturday will be my first time in TCF, and I am looking forward to a good game on a beautiful day. I have been to just about every Big Ten stadium and a few others (Rose Bowl, Sun Devil Stadium), so I will be interesting to add another to the list.

Looking forward to the F**K Bielema chants tomorrow. Will be as classy as the F**K Ryan chants were last year.

But we all know it is all class, all the time from Gophers fans.

The hatred for Bielema on this board is awesome.

For anyone who wants to go into greater depth than available on a tweet, here is the entire quote.

Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema was interviewed on a Madison radio station Thursday morning and was asked about the recent scandals that have hit three Big Ten institutions: Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State.

Here is the full text of Bielema's comments:

"Well, I obviously wasn't well-versed in the situation, but JoePa's done a lot for the game, done a lot for the world of college football... a guy that you can't take away anything that he's done from a football standpoint.

"All that other stuff I'll let other people make decisions on. I think the NCAA's very clear on the NCAA versus... obviously the other things around Coach Sandusky and all that are legal matters and I can't see football or the NCAA getting involved in something like that.

"But you know, I think that this definitely brings a little bit of a cloud to the world of college football and that's the only thing that I always have said along the way. Who in our minds would ever thought, you know, that the three major teams in our conference -- Ohio State, Michigan, and uh, Penn State -- would have these issues.

"But I guess just enjoy and embrace being a Badger fan."

Now here is the tweet, culled from the above comment, that hit the Internet:

"guess it's a good time to be a Badger fan."

Link

Or you can continue your hate-fest, understandable in Axe Week, based on a single phrase.

Yea, that's the link with the text I saw, though the fact that people across the Internet are so quick to jump all over BB is telling, too.

HATE.

Yeah, the hatred for King Turd is based on a single phrase. He's established a consitent pattern of making arrogant and/or stupid comments. People generally don't care for arrogance.

GVBadger said:
Looking forward to the F**K Bielema chants tomorrow. Will be as classy as the F**K Ryan chants were last year.

This board?

Fans all over the country hate bielema and are hating him for this comment. Don't act like only gopher fans hate your POS coach.

At least our students know that if they are going to go low class they should save it for HATE WEEK. Just like the Badger studen...oh, that's right. I forgot. :)

You're right. One chant, at one game, from the student section makes us so terrible. How about the Eat Sh!t, F You chant that your incredibly classy student section does at about every game. Even print it on tee shirts they wear to the game. Which student section is more classy?

This board?

Fans all over the country hate bielema and are hating him for this comment. Don't act like only gopher fans hate your POS coach.

I have not taken a poll, though I do find it funny. The amount of venom directed at one person that nobody on this board has met is awesome. I just can't get that worked up over the coach of an opposing team. I guess that's what makes the world go around.

Maybe you all would like him more if he was not 5-0 against the Gophers.

For example, I loved Brewster. Not only was he wildly entertaining, but he was 0-4 against the good guys.

Yea, that's the link with the text I saw, though the fact that people across the Internet are so quick to jump all over BB is telling, too.

HATE.

Honestly, this quote didn't bother me a ton, but I already don't like Bielema, so it doesn't really matter lol. I don't think it's any secret the guy is rather annoying to a lot of people besides Gophers fans. That's just the way it is. Doesn't mean he can't coach, doesn't mean he can't run a program, he's doing well right now, but it still doesn't change that he's seen as a jerk by many, especially Gopher fans.

You're right. One chant, at one game, from the student section makes us so terrible. How about the Eat Sh!t, F You chant that your incredibly classy student section does at about every game. Even print it on tee shirts they wear to the game. Which student section is more classy?

ES/FU is lame, but it is lame students chanting lame words at each other. I would say chanting F**K (Insert name of the coach of the other team) is worse, but I am certainly not the judge of that. Maybe Gophers students think that's cool. Who knows. If the Badgers students did that to Tubby, for example, some people on this board may literally implode.

In general, when you mix alcohol with a large group of students, they are not classy. Somehow, that comes out on this board as Badgers students and fans are the least classy people in the whole world and the things that Gophers students do are ignored. It is fine to take that view, but it is so far from reality that it sounds silly to say.
s

I have not taken a poll, though I do find it funny. The amount of venom directed at one person that nobody on this board has met is awesome. I just can't get that worked up over the coach of an opposing team. I guess that's what makes the world go around.

Maybe you all would like him more if he was not 5-0 against the Gophers.

For example, I loved Brewster. Not only was he wildly entertaining, but he was 0-4 against the good guys.

Must be too old to know how to use that tweeter thing all the kids using, huh?

Search bielema and their is stuff being said, much worse than on here even, from Iowa, PSU, OSU, and many other teams fans.

Top Bottom