Berkley Edwards Injury

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
High ankle sprain, out TBD

Not good, thought it was broken however so at least its not that.

Tough break.

I don't doubt that he could contribute this year, but a redshirt isn't the worst thing in the world, either.

From Wikipedia:

"Treatment of high ankle sprains depends on severity. An athlete may be out for as little as two to three days or as long as six months."

Guess we will have to wait and see...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> CB Derrick Wells is questionable for next season's opener because of a bruised shoulder joint suffered the first weekend of camp.</p>— JoeChristensen (@JoeCStrib) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeCStrib/statuses/370606131090948097">August 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO! OH NO!

NOT BERKELEY EDWARDS!

Oh well. It’s a good thing we have Donnell Kirkwood.

From Wikipedia:

"Treatment of high ankle sprains depends on severity. An athlete may be out for as little as two to three days or as long as six months."

It's Minnesota. Timberwolves, Vikings, Gophers? Have any of them had a guy come back and look good early on a high ankle sprain? Remember Charlie Brown was a Minnesotan.:banghead::banghead:

High ankle sprain, out TBD

Not good, thought it was broken however so at least its not that.

Hopefully he avoids ice, gets to a good acupuncturist, spends plenty of time with his mom's best freind, and let's us all know how he feels on twitter/facebook.:cool:

He'll be ok, we've got some depth there in the mean time. Even if he redshirts it's not the end of the world.

"We're done for, we're done for"

Walks outside. Hmmmmm...the sky appears NOT to be falling. Carry on and as you were.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> CB Derrick Wells is questionable for next season's opener because of a bruised shoulder joint suffered the first weekend of camp.</p>— JoeChristensen (@JoeCStrib) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeCStrib/statuses/370606131090948097">August 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

What is his status for the opener THIS season?

It's Minnesota. Timberwolves, Vikings, Gophers? Have any of them had a guy come back and look good early on a high ankle sprain? Remember Charlie Brown was a Minnesotan.:banghead::banghead:

It seems like every time someone suffers a high ankle sprain that they are out for 4 weeks or they play after two weeks and are extremely fragile and favoring the ankle the entire game.

My guess is that the soonest Berkeley is back is for San Jose State. The worst part about these injuries is that the coaching staff strings you along for weeks with hope that the player will play but he rarely does.

Looks like we're going to have to rely on our offensive linemen turned running back to carry the load.

It's been said that you're better off breaking your ankle than to have a high ankle sprain. High ankle sprain tends to be very nagging injuries.

It's been said that you're better off breaking your ankle than to have a high ankle sprain. High ankle sprain tends to be very nagging injuries.

Of course there are varying degrees & Kill has said (or is it just a poker face?) that it's not a bad one & he could be back quickly. That said, M Gray basically had his Sr season erased because of the one he had last year.

From Wikipedia:

I had a high ankle sprain playing basketball around two months ago. I have since re-sprained it a couple of times. It is still quite sore and is pretty enlarged still. Hopefully the training staff does better with Edwards than I did with myself.

I was getting excited about this kid so this result should have been expected.

And so begins the complete breakdown of bodies on the Gophers football team. By the time we get to November we'll be playing K.J. Maye at quarterback...sigh...all hope is lost!!! Bring on Richard Pitino and boys.

And so begins the complete breakdown of bodies on the Gophers football team. By the time we get to November we'll be playing K.J. Maye at quarterback...sigh...all hope is lost!!! Bring on Richard Pitino and boys.

3p3m40.jpg

I had a high ankle sprain playing basketball around two months ago. I have since re-sprained it a couple of times. It is still quite sore and is pretty enlarged still. Hopefully the training staff does better with Edwards than I did with myself.

You self diagnosed a high ankle sprain?

Decker, Gray and now Edwards - why are so many of our offensive weapons taken out this way? We're not Alabama.

LOL - Good one! You have managed to capture the GopherHole's culture as good as anybody has. Yes, it has happened again, our crack staff of experts have taken a little bit of information and drawn their conclusions. Then add to that the GopherHole's propensity for negativism we then immediately assume the worst case scenario and begin writing off the season.

I hate this injury. Had it ski jumping and it took 4 months to get reasonably healed. With Edwards this might be a good thing. He can red shirt and come back next year with another 15 Lbs and a much higher blocking skill set.

Edwards suffers high ankle sprain; Wells questionable with shoulder injury

It appears from below that Kill neglected to check with the GopherHole as to how severe Edward's injury is.

Posted by: Joe Christensen

Gophers freshman running back Berkley Edwards suffered a high ankle sprain Wednesday and had a walking boot on his right foot Thursday. His status for next Thursday's season opener against UNLV is uncertain.

"He’s fine," Coach Jerry Kill said. "He didn’t break a leg or anything like that. He got bent up. They won’t know really until things settle down, if he’ll be ready to go or not be ready to go. But fortunately it's not a broken leg or anything of that nature."

Another concern for the Gophers is cornerback Derrick Wells. He jammed a shoulder early in camp and still has bruising in the joint. He was in an orange non-participation jersey Thursday and is questionable for the UNLV game.

Wide receiver Derrick Engel has been in a green, no-contact jersey as he recovers from a groin injury. Kill sounded confident that Engel would be ready to go full speed on Saturday. Freshman wide receiver Drew Wolitarsky has returned from his hamstring injury.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/220699291.html

I was getting excited about this kid so this result should have been expected.

It's all your fault. God doesn't like optimistic or excited Minnesotans. Stop it before Philip Nelson needs Tommy John surgery.

The Edwards injury stinks because it seems like he was in the mix to see some playing time and be that break away back we have not had for a while. Who knows how long he will be sidelined but ankle injuries and running backs are not a good combination typically.

The news on Wells is a bit more troubling. He has proven to be somewhat injury prone so far in his career and we know they are counting on him to be a steadying influence at the corner position in the effort to replace a couple of seniors. Hopefully this doesn't turn into something that lingers well into the season and keeps on getting re-injured.

Could be a blessing if they decide to redshirt him. We already have two decent backs. Edwards is not likely to be a star as a true freshman. Give him a year to add some strength to compliment his speed.

Top Bottom