Berkley Edwards Injury

Decker, Gray and now Edwards - why are so many of our offensive weapons taken out this way? We're not Alabama.

Let's not get carried away here. RB Edwards has yet to play a single down at the collegiate level. This is not like losing Marion Barber III or the Maroney kid. If he weren't Braylon Edwards brother nobody would be hyping a kid who chose MN over a bunch of MAC schools.

Let's not get carried away here. RB Edwards has yet to play a single down at the collegiate level. This is not like losing Marion Barber III or the Maroney kid. If he weren't Braylon Edwards brother nobody would be hyping a kid who chose MN over a bunch of MAC schools.

He did have a pretty good track resume coming in as well and speed is something this team needs in our offense.

his brother is a small part of the equation. I was int he camp of red shirting this kid early but then started to hear how well he was working on the KO team and that is where we will miss him. anyone remember a LB running a ball back from deep on the KO team? I woudl rather not have a LB that formerly was a RB returning KO's

time will tell how bad the injury is with Berk

You said diagnosed. You do know the difference, correct?

If you went to a dr, and they diagnosed you with a high ankle sprain, I presume they would treat you.

Lets end this little charade, shall we? You aren't saying I'm wrong, so either state that you were diagnosed or admit that you self diagnosed a high ankle sprain, and I promise not to laugh for too long.

If you went to a dr, and they diagnosed you with a high ankle sprain, I presume they would treat you.

Lets end this little charade, shall we? You aren't saying I'm wrong, so either state that you were diagnosed or admit that you self diagnosed a high ankle sprain, and I promise not to laugh for too long.

Who cares...the pissing matches on here are unreal.

So you twisted what I said into nonsense and now claim that I am wrong? Laughable. How exactly do you treat a high ankle sprain? Surgery? No. You stay off it, compress the area, ice and elevation. I am not going to have a trainer looking at it daily because I am not a D1 athlete. Two highly different things.

Diagnose = treat in the deuce pretzel world.

Who cares...the pissing matches on here are unreal.

Sorry.....just not sure why deuce had to drag the bickering into the football forum. I'm not even sure he is here to discuss the Gophers at all.

I'm going to vomit in my mouth if I hear one more time how it will be a good thing to redshirt Berkley Edwards. We need his speed on the field this year, not in 2017! If he is as good as you think he is, he will be in the NFL in 2017 anyways so it doesn't matter.

Besides, we have Jeff Jones in the fold for next year along with about 4 other highly ranked RBs scheduled to take OVs, including Deron Thompson who is as fast as Edwards but bigger. Plenty more backs are coming next year. For the last time, we aren't "burning" a redshirt, we're playing a kid who can help the team right now.

Ah, lighten up. I just think its funny when a non athlete says he had a high ankle sprain. You sprained your ankle.[/QUOTE

ah yes, I should lighten up and just continue reading about how much smarter you are compared to the other guy. next you will be attempting to compare under carriage size, or discussing how much tougher your dad is then his...awesome convo for all to read

Ah, lighten up. I just think its funny when a non athlete says he had a high ankle sprain. You sprained your ankle.

I suppose you are a doctor with some sort of sixth sense? No....just an a-hole on a website. I guess I didn't realize that D1 athletes are the only ones capable of an injury of this sort. If you have it happen playing casually.....it is something completely different. Another deuceism to add to the pile.

ah yes, I should lighten up and just continue reading about how much smarter you are compared to the other guy. next you will be attempting to compare under carriage size, or discussing how much tougher your dad is then his...awesome convo for all to read

That's deuce for yah.

Ah, lighten up. I just think its funny when a non athlete says he had a high ankle sprain. You sprained your ankle.[/QUOTE

Well you sure put me in my place. I think the term high ankle sprain is silly. You never heard of it, and now you never hear about anyone having a non high ankle sprain. I think it's doubly silly when a non athlete says they had one. That's all. Knowing stocker as I do, I doubt the doctor told him he had a high ankle sprain. Sometimes it's fun to call people out for their BS.
So yes, lighten up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got his high ankle sprain during a pissing match here.

No, Killjoy. He actually had a groin pull from lifting his leg too high trying to piss. Would that qualify as a high ankle sprain?

Well you sure put me in my place. I think the term high ankle sprain is silly. You never heard of it, and now you never hear about anyone having a non high ankle sprain. I think it's doubly silly when a non athlete says they had one. That's all. Knowing stocker as I do, I doubt the doctor told him he had a high ankle sprain. Sometimes it's fun to call people out for their BS.
So yes, lighten up.

Says the $400/hr master economics employee.

So playing basketball, but not actually being a D1 athlete means anything when it comes to an injury? We actually thought that it may have been fractured at the time.....and yes, I saw a doctor who diagnosed the injury. You do realize that there are different degrees of sprains, right? Probably not. I keep forgetting that I am talking to the most oblivious d-bag poster on GH.

No, Killjoy. He actually had a groin pull from lifting his leg too high trying to piss. Would that qualify as a high ankle sprain?

Dr.Don - When I was young I worked in administration at a local hospital. It was after 5:00 pm and the phone rang and since I was the only one there I took it. The guy started talk about his experience in the ER and I thought oh oh what went wrong here. It turned out he had been out jogging and twisted his ankle. They took him to the ER for an x-ray. It was nothing serious but he wanted to know if he could get a copy of the x-ray. He said it was his first athletic injury and he wanted to show everybody that he had one.

If I had info on Edwards to share...where would I put it?

According to most people here, you'd put it where the sun don't shine. We don't wanna be confused with facts.

If I had info on Edwards to share...where would I put it?

I'd put it in the "All Things high ankle sprain treatment vs high ankle sprain diagnosis" thread.

We've one which I would say is a soft verbal from Jeff Jones. There are no givens so far as
the other 3 RB's who have scheduled, or say they will visit Minnesota. Gray virtually played on a leg and a half last year. We've Cobb, Williams Banham and Gilum. If Edwards goes into game 6 still unable to play you RS him. In my younger days I played major slow pitch softball in the ASA and USSSA. One year I had a high ankle sprain early in the season. I went to a Sports Therapy Clinic and had ultra sound, heat and ice treatments a couple times a week. After 6 weeks I came back for our usual weekly practice and I found it didn't bother to run straight ahead, but I had trouble cutting the bases and going to my left or right in the outfield. I ended up taping it and played at about 75 %. That fall I ended up not playing touch football so I could be fully healed for hoops. So it took almost 4
months for it to properly heal. I wouldn't wish it on anyone it is a real pain in the ass. And yes, when it happened I thought I broke my ankle

Top Bottom