Auburn Fan Reactions

Then that team isn’t as good as their opponent. It’s pretty simple, really. ”Letdowns” are not an unavoidable outcome.

I would like to live in a world where Illinois is > Wisconsin

Iron Range North
Home of the Blue Devils, Blue Jackets and Miners! ???
Cruisin the drag on Chestnut Street and watching a chick flick at the Maco or the Granada! U-turn at the mine pit. That's what I'm talkin about.
Yep, da Range is pure North.

Cruisin the drag on Chestnut Street and watching a chick flick at the Maco or the Granada! U-turn at the mine pit. That's what I'm talkin about.
You got it my friend! Cruisin Chestnut brings back some memories! Good times!

Nope. Hinkley is where the southerners live...?

If you live where it's not uncommon for residents to commute daily to their job in the Twin Cities you live in the south. That's where Hinckley is located.

But they really hate PJ

Yeah, because he kicked their ass last season, and they know he will do it again in the near future and will continue to do it as long as he is with us.

If you live where it's not uncommon for residents to commute daily to their job in the Twin Cities you live in the south. That's where Hinckley is located.
Hinckley definitely in the south with its once proud Cassidy’s restaurant now sadly closed. Cloquet with its horrific paper mill is the gateway to the range. Was once in passionate embrace with a gal who implored me to kiss her “were it stinks”. Always willing to oblige, I drove her to Cloquet.

Hinckley definitely in the south with its once proud Cassidy’s restaurant now sadly closed. Cloquet with its horrific paper mill is the gateway to the range. Was once in passionate embrace with a gal who implored me to kiss her “were it stinks”. Always willing to oblige, I drove her to Cloquet.

That mill closed recently I believe.

Also who the hell commutes from Hinckley?? I’m sure there’s a nut or two that does, but you can probably count them on one hand.

In real time, the ref that was right on top of did not signal TD right away so I thought it wasn't a TD. After going back and seeing the replay, I saw that same ref signal TD very late. He must have been watching the ball all the way through or looking for confirmation from another ref.

Because he only looks at feet. The other ref is looking only at hands. They confer and confirm. That's their job in the end zone.

On a fake punt you're not getting the call.

Otherwise it would be too easy to get a cheap 1st down.

I was worried for a moment the officials would throw a flag but not even sure it was a catchable ball, the pass was so inaccurate.

I have to say, all the fans I’ve run into in Tampa after the game have been nothing but gracious. Very complimentary of how the Gophs played and our program. Just goes to show how much games like this affect our national perception with casual fans.

I believe they (Bison) have a matchup at Oregon in 2020?
Yep, let's see what happens.

My prediction. Oregon 42 NDSU - 17
LOL at this whole post. Mankato is not even close to the same status in DII as NDSU is in I-AA. Also, NDSU would beat Mankato by 50 in every game they played - and that's being very generous.

111-19 their last 130 games.

Yep, they are dominant in D2 ball right now sir. And I also doubt they would beat them every time by 50.

Last edited:

Oddly, when I went there it reminded me a little bit of buckyville. When they lose it’s the refs, the other teams super bowl...overall totally a fluke.

I thought this was pretty funny....

Does Gus realize what's going on outside of his world? All of Auburn's TD's were unusual, Kickoff return, busted play, Nix running for his life, and a drive extended due to pass interference.

He said Minnesota shortened the game by running down the play clock, well Auburn shortened in more by going 3 and out and not having any offense at all.

This from a conference where three teams have the nickname Tigers?
Seriously, the south has a bunch of teams that are Tigers and Bulldogs. Even the CFB Championship is all Tigers.

Granada Theatre... perhaps the last place in the world where Green River soda pop was available in the coin fountain dispenser.... Many-a-mile looping Chestnut Street back and forth...

LOL at this whole post. Mankato is not even close to the same status in DII as NDSU is in I-AA. Also, NDSU would beat Mankato by 50 in every game they played - and that's being very generous.
I think Mankato and UND would be a great matchup, Mankato probably couldnt beat NDSU but they could keep it within 50

I grew up in the Minnesota River Valley and spent most my adult life in Saint Paul, so the far north and Range are complete mysteries to me.

Sure I have spent time in Duluth, and even up in the BWCA but that probably did not help me understand the Iron Range much.
I spent time in Alexandria and around Brainerd, plus drove back from Grand Forks through Bemidji a couple of times, but I probably have a better sense of what Chicago, Eau Claire or even Sioux Falls are all about more so than the Range and areas up by International Falls.

Maybe before I die I should go up there and live in a Yurt for a few weeks.

Perhaps, but we clearly can get pretty childish on our board as well.
Yeah and it would be easy to pick out the outlandish stuff posted on this forum and paid everyone here with that brush.... and yet probably all of one guy has that opinion.

I would like to live in a world where Illinois is > Wisconsin

Illinois actually has more 4 and 5 star players than Wisconsin so perhaps you’re proving my point. Illinois probably should be as good or better than Wisconsin based on recruits but strangely are not.

Illinois actually has more 4 and 5 star players than Wisconsin so perhaps you’re proving my point. Illinois probably should be as good or better than Wisconsin based on recruits but strangely are not.
I think a few of those are transfers? I like Lovie Smith as a coach and person, but it seems like he's tried to prop up his teams with high rated transfers in, rather than having a plan to build the program like a Wisconsin, Iowa, and now Minnesota has done.

I grew up in the Minnesota River Valley and spent most my adult life in Saint Paul, so the far north and Range are complete mysteries to me.

Sure I have spent time in Duluth, and even up in the BWCA but that probably did not help me understand the Iron Range much.
I spent time in Alexandria and around Brainerd, plus drove back from Grand Forks through Bemidji a couple of times, but I probably have a better sense of what Chicago, Eau Claire or even Sioux Falls are all about more so than the Range and areas up by International Falls.

Maybe before I die I should go up there and live in a Yurt for a few weeks.

Yurt? Is that German for Sauna? ?

Auburn Fan Reactions?????????? This thread is totally off the rails.

I think a few of those are transfers? I like Lovie Smith as a coach and person, but it seems like he's tried to prop up his teams with high rated transfers in, rather than having a plan to build the program like a Wisconsin, Iowa, and now Minnesota has done.

Wisconsin‘s talent ranking is woefully lacking vs the blue bloods.

111-19 their last 130 games.

Yep, they are dominant in D2 ball right now sir. And I also doubt they would beat them every time by 50.
Neat. They are "dominant," and yet have zero national championships. Meanwhile, NDSU is 127-8 since 2011, has played in the national title game every year, and will likely win their 8th national title in 9 seasons. It's not even remotely in the same ballpark.

And yes, a 50-point margin is more than generous. NDSU could probably win by 50 with their backups playing the entire 2nd half.

And, btw, I hate NDSU with a fiery passion, so thank you for forcing me to make two posts defending them against your awful theories.

Neat. They are "dominant," and yet have zero national championships. Meanwhile, NDSU is 127-8 since 2011, has played in the national title game every year, and will likely win their 8th national title in 9 seasons. It's not even remotely in the same ballpark.

And yes, a 50-point margin is more than generous. NDSU could probably win by 50 with their backups playing the entire 2nd half.

And, btw, I hate NDSU with a fiery passion, so thank you for forcing me to make two posts defending them against your awful theories.

50 points with their backups. LOL. Ok Grand Master forks. :ROFLMAO:

FYI, these programs fight for the same recruits.

Last edited:

It's also in the rule book that it's not a PI 7-3-7-c.

You'd think a head coach would know this.

I think you are misunderstanding that rule. It is to cover a condition where a punter throws the ball high to simulate a punt so that the guys blocking think it's a punt and continue to block, drawing a flag for PI. The trajectory of the punters pass in this case was not designed to simulate a punt, it was to complete the pass to the receiver.

Top Bottom