Auburn Fan Reactions

Saw this on the AU FAMILY message board. Sums up their feelings pretty well.

That's classic. Love it. The man can coach though. They ran through a gauntlet this year.

...and had a freshman QB.

I don’t blame them. He’s supposed to be a brilliant offensive mind, yet how many times in a row do you get stuffed on RUTM on 1st and 2nd down before trying something else? I suppose he doesn’t trust his QB much, and thought they could control the LOS and out-athlete us.

That's classic. Love it. The man can coach though. They ran through a gauntlet this year.
They would beg to differ :) A few of their fans are mad he beats Alabama every other year or so because that's enough to convince the university to keep him around.

Have u ever been to Auburn Ala? That football team is all they’ve got!

Two comments here. First from a poster, and then the response below it (copy and paste).
I’d still like for AUfriction to explain to all of us how Fleck is a piece of crap.
:dunno:

Fleck is fantastic . He brought a fired up bunch to Tampa . nothing but love for fleck and the gophers

He's a good coach. They want him fired every year. He is one of a few HC who has beaten Alabama.

Overall it seems like they are giving a lot of credit to the Gophers and are also sick of their coach who they feel limits their chances to win. Some nice comments about Fleck. Seems pretty reasonable. Their fans were Very cordial and complementary at the game today as well.

I like Auburn. They are kind of the scrappy little-brother SEC squad. Love it whenever they beat Bama

Here’s the bottom line. Their fanbase wishes Fleck was their coach, and so do a lot of fanbases. I’ve even seen Alabama fans say they want him to take over when Saban retires.

I was on their 247 paid board. They're pretty classy overall. Their general thoughts:

- Mostly they credit us, admit we kicked their butts & are frustrated about it.
- They love Fleck & wish they could dump Malzahn for PJ.
- Several posters in the live game thread talked about Fleck whooping 'em with 2* & 3* players & imagining what he could do with their 4* & 5* players.

And they're certain Tyler Johnson had a toe out of bounds on his 1st TD. Even on that touchy subject, they're pretty reasonable.

It may solve that debate & open a new one about did he have possession?

And they're certain Tyler Johnson had a toe out of bounds on his 1st TD. Even on that touchy subject, they're pretty reasonable.
Watching the game it really looked like his foot was out of bounds on the replays, but the photo on twitter really shows it perfectly. Well done by the refs on a tough call in real time.

I really thought the question was if he finished the catch before falling out...less so if he was in as the ref watching his feet seemed 100% sure and was right there.

I was on their 247 paid board. They're pretty classy overall. Their general thoughts:

- Mostly they credit us, admit we kicked their butts & are frustrated about it.
- They love Fleck & wish they could dump Malzahn for PJ.
- Several posters in the live game thread talked about Fleck whooping 'em with 2* & 3* players & imagining what he could do with their 4* & 5* players.

Their fan boards are REALLY enamored by the thought that they could land PJ.

Fans of blue blood teams all think that way. Even fans of some non-blue bloods think he would jump to their team in a heartbeat.

Many "fans" on our boards were saying we should wait until the end of the season before considering extending PJ's contract... We should give him another raise and extend it at least another season.

Last edited:

Have u ever been to Auburn Ala? That football team is all they’ve got!
Yes, I have several times. It is actually not a bad area, being a college town it is an oasis in the wasteland of Alabama. And Auburn fans are much better than Bama "fans".

My favorite post from the Auburn board:

SaltyTiger said:

Hand it to Minn .. "Had an answer for anything we did. Well coached. Hard to stomach being "owned" by a team called the "Golden Gophers".

Last edited:

Top Bottom