Annexstad in the Portal

Not surprised. I like Tanner, but I was kind of hoping he would move on. It would have been a fun spring with Annexstad competing for the starting job with the other QBs.

With that said, Go Gophers!

have a soft spot for a kid who took a walk-on offer over an FBS scholarship AND brought two 4* recruits with him. Lost his job, suffered an injury, and never saw meaningful snaps, and yet we never heard an ill word about him behind the scenes. I wish him the best and honestly hope he's QB1 at an FBS school next year.
2018 played
2019 sophomore redshirted
2020 redshirt sophomore did not count
2021 redshirt sophomore

Should have 2 years left or maybe three with medical waiver for 2019

Should just be 2

With your sources, what was the official depth chart inside the QB room? Fair to say that Clark was odd man out and Zack was solely based on Morgan coming back?
This feels like the most likely deduction.

I don't think Clark transfers if he is above Kramer and Athan on the depth chart.

With your sources, what was the official depth chart inside the QB room? Fair to say that Clark was odd man out and Zack was solely based on Morgan coming back?
Clark had an injury last fall missing all of 2020. He was not able to participate this past spring and the start of the fall season while recovering. He was expected to compete for the open position for 2022 until that position was no longer open.

Not surprised. I like Tanner, but I was kind of hoping he would move on. It would have been a fun spring with Annexstad competing for the starting job with the other QBs.

With that said, Go Gophers!
I really don't get the line of thinking that wants to see the winningest QB ever at the school leave so that we can run out a guy who hasn't played in multiple years or complete unknowns at the QB position.

People do get that Tanner wasn't the only guy on the field during the 4 losses right?

As for Zack, not surprised to see him want to go take a shot at getting playing time near the end of his career. QB room sets up fine for 2022 with Tanner as the starter, Kramer and Athan as the key backups and Knuth as the emergency option if everything blows up.

So our QB's next year might be Tanner Morgan and LaCount?

Clark had an injury last fall missing all of 2020. He was not able to participate this past spring and the start of the fall season while recovering. He was expected to compete for the open position for 2022 until that position was no longer open.
Basically Morgan forced the hand of Annexstad and Clark who are ready to be starters/next in line. Burn another year of eligibility or transfer.

I really hope he doesn't go to NDSU.
They have a guy (well I guess a couple guys?) they really like.

But the three other Dakotas, or Northern Iowa, if he wants to stay within 4-5 hours drive of the Cities.

I guess for that matter, could always see about Iowa State, as well.

Fleck is to out recruit previous recruits and develop. Morgan was going to Western Michigan. Zack had a Pitt and Cinci Offer, but chose PWO at his home town school.

Athan has at least 7 other P5 offers
Knuth has other P5 offers
Kramer beat Clark to the field and likely would have had other P5 offers, but wanted to stay home and enrolled early.

Hope the young guys develop and are ready when called upon.
Clark was a 4 star by Rivals and had plenty of P5 offers.

Clark hit a great pass in his only attempt, so you cant ask for anything more.

Clark played in a much tougher football conference in HS than did Jacob and Athen.

I didnt like Morgan coming back and dont like it even more.

The coached at blue bloods will pull players if they arent performing, even if for a few plays, because they want to WIN EVERY GAME.

PJ will never go to a blue blood bc his priority is not winning, to him its a life program, not a football program. He has raised the bar here, which I love, but now I hope he learns to sub in for players who arent performing. Otherwise we wont win the West let alone the B1G.

Clark probably ends up at a G5 school, but I doubt with a starting job outright. Somewhere he can compete or at least know he is #2. If not, then I'm guessing FCS.

For Zack, I don't see how a P5 or G5 school can hand a guy who hasn't played meaningful snaps since 2018 the reins to its offense. If he is transferring, I assume he wants to start (he was already the backup here). To start immediately, has to be FCS or D2.

Clark played in a much tougher football conference in HS than did Jacob and Athen.

The coached at blue bloods will pull players if they arent performing, even if for a few plays, because they want to WIN EVERY GAME.

PJ will never go to a blue blood bc his priority is not winning, to him its a life program, not a football program. He has raised the bar here, which I love, but now I hope he learns to sub in for players who arent performing. Otherwise we wont win the West let alone the B1G.
So you are that convinced the backups are that much better that you want to see an extremely experienced QB who has led the team to 7 and 6 win Big Ten seasons go away....

Morgan has his flaws, but the assumption that the other guys would be so much better based on little to no actual information just doesn't make any sense to me.

Morgan
Kramer
Athan (4*)
Knuth

I'm not having heartburn yet. That QB room doesn't look too bad.
It looks exactly the same.
It’s the starter and a bunch of guys we don’t know about as college players

I'm sure Saban is already knocking on his door.

Classy goodbye.

Man, given the mass transfers happening everywhere including higher rated QBs from blue bloods transferring down to middle of the road (or lower) FBS it’s hard to say where less heralded or experienced players like Clark and Annexstad will land if they want to be guaranteed starters. Have to think FCS for that type of opportunity IMHO ( I could be way off) - but that’s still an opportunity to play which is far from assured at MN given Morgan and Athan/Knuth. Kramer looks like a capable backup as well.

Good luck guys. It will be interesting to watch their careers

Morgan
Kramer
Athan (4*)
Knuth

I'm not having heartburn yet. That QB room doesn't look too bad.
What would you say if Kramer leaves?

I mean, obviously you have to actually walk the walk .... but might seem like the writing is on the wall that we'd rather have Athan as a 3-year starter than Kramer as a 2-year starter and Athan as only a 1-year?

Not sure if Athan is ready to take things over if Morgan goes down, knock on wood.

You really don't think PJ is playing the players he thinks give us the best chance to win?

I mean, obviously you have to actually walk the walk .... but might seem like the writing is on the wall that we'd rather have Athan as a 3-year starter than Kramer as a 2-year starter and Athan as only a 1-year?

Not sure if Athan is ready to take things over if Morgan goes down, knock on wood.
We want the best QB play every year. Doesn't matter how it shakes out.

I would be a lot more worried if Kramer also leaves.

Athan has what seems like a high-ceiling with his athletic ability with his arm and his legs.
But I agree, I doubt he is ready to step-in if Morgan goes down.

Knuth is another great athlete with some success in HS, but will need some time.

Having Morgan back for 1 yr could be the best thing for this team, giving the young promising QBs the time to develop and mature. Spring game should be interesting to watch.

Top Bottom