Annexstad in the Portal

This one stings. I love Tanner Morgan but there will always be a pang of "what might have been" with Annexstad in my heart. He literally beat Morgan out... Twice, and lost the job to injury. Tough pill to swallow and my thoughts went to him IMMEDIATELY when the news came out that Morgan is returning.

I think he is more than worthy of a power five landing spot. He has beaten out both Morgan and Sikowski for the starting role in the past and he didn't do anything to lose those jobs. Just ran into some bad luck with injuries.

Cannot blame him. He was a loyal Gopher for 4+ years. Hope he finds a place he can start. Maybe St Thomas?
Ditto this. I'll always have a soft spot for a kid who took a walk-on offer over an FBS scholarship AND brought two 4* recruits with him. Lost his job, suffered an injury, and never saw meaningful snaps, and yet we never heard an ill word about him behind the scenes. I wish him the best and honestly hope he's QB1 at an FBS school next year.

PS: I REALLY hope Kramer or Athan are ready to take the reins should anything happen to Morgan. I was 100% confident that Annexstad was ready.

Yeah, you can't blame him. This does make Jacob Clark's decision interesting. I believe it indicates that Clark was passed on the depth chart by Kramer and/or Athan otherwise Clark would be the backup and next in line to start (with two years of eligibility remaining).

That said, I totally understand ZA's decision to move on. He deserves to play football and I hope he has success wherever he goes.

Where do we think Clark and Annexstad end up, and will either or both be starters?

Any opinions?

When Morgan announced he's back he had no choice, would be fun to see him at a St. Thomas.

Not surprising considering the Morgan situation. Wish him luck. 🚣‍♂️

Fleck is to out recruit previous recruits and develop. Morgan was going to Western Michigan. Zack had a Pitt and Cinci Offer, but chose PWO at his home town school.

Athan has at least 7 other P5 offers
Knuth has other P5 offers
Kramer beat Clark to the field and likely would have had other P5 offers, but wanted to stay home and enrolled early.

Hope the young guys develop and are ready when called upon.

Yeah, you can't blame him. This does make Jacob Clark's decision interesting. I believe it indicates that Clark was passed on the depth chart by Kramer and/or Athan otherwise Clark would be the backup and next in line to start (with two years of eligibility remaining).

That said, I totally understand ZA's decision to move on. He deserves to play football and I hope he has success wherever he goes.
If the COVID year doesn't count against eligibility, Clark and Kramer have three years remaining, right?

2019 - freshmen
2020 - redshirt freshmen, year doesn't count
2021 - redshirt freshmen

And I think ZA has two years left; he came a year after Morgan:

2018 - freshman
2019 - injured, redshirt freshman
2020 - sophomore, year doesn't count
2021 - sophomore

I could be wrong. The COVID rules confuse me.

Do you think a guy like Clark wants to sit for a 4th year?

Do you think a guy like Clark wants to sit for a 4th year?
Maybe not, but his options would be to either sit for one more year and be a starter of a P5 school or potentially play right away and go down in competition.

If Clark was a clear #2, I think staying would make more sense. He'd be the primary backup and have the keys either if Morgan gets injured or the following year.

If the COVID year doesn't count against eligibility, Clark and Kramer have three years remaining, right?

2019 - freshmen
2021 - redshirt freshmen

2018 - freshman
2021 - sophomore

Yes, this is correct.

2019 - freshmen
2021 - redshirt freshmen

2018 - freshman
2021 - sophomore

2018 played
2019 sophomore redshirted
2020 redshirt sophomore did not count
2021 redshirt sophomore

Should have 2 years left or maybe three with medical waiver for 2019

Top Bottom