All Things Weather

Hurricane Lee is getting most of the attention, especially around here as it could affect the Gophers game in a week and a half.

But in the eastern Pacific, Jova went from a tropical depression with 35 mph to a 160 mph cat 5 hurricane in 48 hours. Luckily it won't hit any land. I believe it is one of the fastest developments to a cat 5 ever.

This is wild and not good. It’s also a reminder that big storms can still come from out of nowhere, even with our technology today. None of the models had this happening.

There has been 8-12" of rain in most of the metro since September 1st. Average for that period is about 5.2.

Snag_162ac6cc.png

This is wild and not good. It’s also a reminder that big storms can still come from out of nowhere, even with our technology today. None of the models had this happening.

Another incredible and terrifying look at the development.

The lake my parents live on may not even be frozen over by Christmas at this rate. This is a bit ridiculous.

1702312630460.png

Heading back to Miami this week just in time for non-stop rain and 20 mph winds. Still better than snow

Considering last year we were about to already have our 3rd or 4th blizzard by now, I am a fan.
I have an ice fishing trip scheduled for the beginning of January that I very well may have to cancel. I'm fine with no blizzards and even a bit warmer than normal temps but this is ridiculous.

I have an ice fishing trip scheduled for the beginning of January that I very well may have to cancel. I'm fine with no blizzards and even a bit warmer than normal temps but this is ridiculous.
Lake of the Woods?

I can be patient all the way until February.
Love this weather so much for winter. Well not the rain right now of course, but 40’s all winter?? Are we in heaven?? Hell 30’s.

Where would that put us in terms of an average winter? Kansas City?

Love this weather so much for winter. Well not the rain right now of course, but 40’s all winter?? Are we in heaven?? Hell 30’s.

Where would that put us in terms of an average winter? Kansas City?
KC average daily high in December is 43 with the low 26, so yes pretty comparable so far.

Some friends of mine golfed yesterday in Hastings. Crazy.

Almost Christmas and just got back from riding my bike (no studs of course) and just wearing a hoodie for a jacket. Unreal.

Top Bottom