All Things Veritas Losing 7 Defensive Starters Thread

BS, it has been argued on this site, this fall, that only six would leave and even more importantly that their leaving will be either only a small problem or, sillier yet, that it is likely we will be even better on D with the new guys. Just read some of the posts in this thread. IMHO our program is not in any position at all to just assume that "next man up" means things will be better even in September. I, for one, will be delighted and totally surpized if that proves to be true.

So, where did I post that I alone saw the problem of seven leaving? I did not. I think you can read what is in front of you, only what you think is in front of you. I would guess based on your hurt feelings over be accused of being a drunk.
That sounds more like someone who is rude or self-centered than ODD. You have either never met someone with ODD or you work in the medical industry. I would guess the latter, but could be wrong. Diagnosing every character flaw or hardship is a priority now-a-days. Nothing is the person's fault, everyone is a victim. smh

I have never claimed that I was victimized in any way, only that a bunch of mainly drunks acted in a very rude and inconsiderate way to two older women who did not want to stand for three and half hours straight. I will always speak up about such obvious rudeness.

I think you need one of those funnel deal thingybobs..... like I've seen at Iowa tailgates....

Yep, three in a triangle of cans pouring down in a cascade much of which was slopping around. But, I have been told on this site that it was judgemental of me to think that he was a drunk. God's Truth.

I thought this thread would die immediately --- but I should have known that what we really wanted to talk about was Veritas's ODD which manifests in his refusal to allow others to stand without being vindictive towards the university by threatening to cancel his season tickets.

Why would the two women want to buy tickets to an event where they can not see? They don't. I will fix this or we will be forced, by those rude, evil doers like you, to quit.

Your take on alcohol addiction is just flat out wrong. I made the mistake of quoting the part of your post that made sense combined with the dumb part so of course you focused in on the good part and ignored the rest (it is what you do on most topics). This line right here:

If every occasion is a drinking occasion they are an addict. Therefore, most drinkers are addicts. - Veritas post #20

The first part of what you wrote is of course true. Someone who has to drink all the time is an alcoholic but then you followed it up with the conclusion that "therefore, most drinkers are addicts" which is just stupid.

But look, you have enough people to argue with and I really don't feel like wasting more time then I already have attempting to have any sort of actual conversation with you because frankly it just isn't worth it. I will just sit back with my popcorn and enjoy this off season fluff thread. It has already taken a bunch of twists and turns....can't wait to see where it goes next.

In my experience most drinkers can not stop drinking all the time. They say and believe they can, just as you say you can (I assume). However, every occasion with them is a drinking occasion. Name the event, their drinking. Call it any sort of social occasion, their drinking. Perhaps your experience seems different to you. Perhaps you know lots of folk that only have a couple of drinks a week. I don't.

Now please go ahead and post on these topics as little, or as much as you say you want. My guess would be that the management likes all the hits they can get in the off season.

So, where did I post that I alone saw the problem of seven leaving? I did not. I think you can read what is in front of you, only what you think is in front of you. I would guess based on your hurt feelings over be accused of being a drunk.

I have never claimed that I was victimized in any way, only that a bunch of mainly drunks acted in a very rude and inconsiderate way to two older women who did not want to stand for three and half hours straight. I will always speak up about such obvious rudeness.

You're arguing semantics.

Why would the two women want to buy tickets to an event where they can not see? They don't. I will fix this or we will be forced, by those rude, evil doers like you, to quit.
What is this evil you are purporting that I do --- you don't even know if I stand or sit at games --- all you know is that I desired a thread for you to post in anytime you wanted to pat yourself on the back about knowing 7 defensive starters would be leaving.

Dude - I responded to someone else’s post about what they said in response to my post. We were having a conversation that had nothing what-so-ever to do with you. Not even sure why you responded to my post with this unless you assume all posts are directed at you?

Yeah, this is getting beyond stupid. But it is the off season so threads like this are bound to happen.

It seems somewhat unique to GH, though...regardless of time of year. This is crazy.

In my experience most drinkers can not stop drinking all the time. They say and believe they can, just as you say you can (I assume). However, every occasion with them is a drinking occasion. Name the event, their drinking. Call it any sort of social occasion, their drinking. Perhaps your experience seems different to you. Perhaps you know lots of folk that only have a couple of drinks a week. I don't.

Now please go ahead and post on these topics as little, or as much as you say you want. My guess would be that the management likes all the hits they can get in the off season.

MOST DRINKERS? You realize the majority of the population drinks at least on a social level, right?

You need to move to Provo and become a BYU fan. I've never heard such misinformation or crazy generalizations.

You know that while your boy Adolf was preaching "purity" he was also taking multiple injections a day of heroin and cocaine from his "doctor", right?

FWIW, this is absolutely not how diabetes works.
Seems to me Veritas has diabetes and addiction down. The alternative is that he has led his whole life clueless on these subjects.

Before about 1998 or whichever year Randy Moss came to town, a lot of Vikings fans were the kind of crotchety oldsters that Veritas appears to be. And overnight, the game day experience became a huge party. I can only hope that something similar happens to the Gophers - an intense, rowdy, fun fan base would be awesome. Having TCF Bank stadium a "place to be" would be so cool.

Before about 1998 or whichever year Randy Moss came to town, a lot of Vikings fans were the kind of crotchety oldsters that Veritas appears to be. And overnight, the game day experience became a huge party. I can only hope that something similar happens to the Gophers - an intense, rowdy, fun fan base would be awesome. Having TCF Bank stadium a "place to be" would be so cool.

Bring it.

MOST DRINKERS? You realize the majority of the population drinks at least on a social level, right?

You need to move to Provo and become a BYU fan. I've never heard such misinformation or crazy generalizations.

You know that while your boy Adolf was preaching "purity" he was also taking multiple injections a day of heroin and cocaine from his "doctor", right?

I've heard some stories about BYU fans when they play at UNLV. Not all quite the teetotalers they're made out to be.

But our resident Carrie Nation probably won't believe that.

Kind of like the Wonderwall season tickets I've got for the Loons games...

I think there's a happy medium. To me that was the Penn State game.

You mean like what I said compared to what you incorrectly infered? Yes, that is what I am doing.

Multiple people have inferred same message. I've already laid out your quotes. You proceed to move goal posts, misdirect argument against you, and than claim your argument is misrepresented.

But good, you agree we all knew 6 starters were leaving and most expected 7, you can stop patting yourself on back for "predicting 7" as if it were a unique take

Always the name calling and slander.

That is a lie. I never posted anything like that.

I call bull shit on this claim being a lie. Here are the post

Here you are arguing on this board people only argued six would leave. Some held out hope Winfield might return, but many assumed 7 was most likely since 6 were seniors. The debate is if we can be an improved defense next year, you've argued over and over, no we can't, we're losing 7 starters.
BS, it has been argued on this site, this fall, that only six would leave and even more importantly that their leaving will be either only a small problem or, sillier yet, that it is likely we will be even better on D with the new guys. Just read some of the posts in this thread. IMHO our program is not in any position at all to just assume that "next man up" means things will be better even in September. I, for one, will be delighted and totally surpized if that proves to be true.

This post above was a thread titled:

Well, by golly, we did end up losing exactly seven guys off the D.

If you didn't think you're opinion was unique, who was this thread direct at? Who was saying 100% we'd only lose six? Why make this thread?

here you are again talking about "your prediction" like your are some sort of savant

9-3 I predicted due to the number of quality players coming back, the very small number of starters debarting and how those guys had performed so well in last month of the previous season. This coming year I have clearly and sensibly predicted that given that many, many guys (seven out of eleven was my prediction) on our D are not coming back that we might get off to a slower start on D in the early games of the year. Nothing alarming except to those without experience with losing that many starters. I thought the OP was entirely correct in his openning comments.

Why call out people and brag about your prediction of losing 7 starters if you didn't think people opposed your view on 7 starters leaving?

sorry, accused me of being a drunk

You didn't say drunkard. I know you're stickler for details

sorry, accused me of being a drunk

You didn't say drunkard. I know you're stickler for details
you seem like the type of guy who drinks at social events and football games so I'd say you're a drunkard --- probably have problems following orders too so you may be borderline ODD.

Top Bottom