All Things Veritas Losing 7 Defensive Starters Thread

They want to falsify what I say, I feel I need to defend my reasonable positions. For example, I know that you beat your wife and are a drunk.

I'm just having a hard time figuring out which one of these characters from the film "Mississippi Burning" Veritas is more like in real life...

1581528856733.png 1581528920892.png

Or maybe "Apt Pupil"

1581528978632.png

It's shocking that the most judgmental person on the planet has a hissy fit when he feels judged. I'm. . . shocked.

I never questioned if you were a Gopher fan.
I don't drink. I also don't come on message boards and imply that everyone who drinks at a football game is a drunk. People who do that, need a drink.
Anyone who can eat pizza in moderation is a Communist.
You've made your bizarre beliefs part of this thread, so I'll comment on whatever the hell I want.
I have no idea what your life entails except for the fact that you are incredibly judgmental and you will go through excessive mental gymnastics to try to make your judgement seem to be coming from a place of logic. Other than that (which you made part of this thread), I have no knowledge or opinion of your life.

Look at the false statements you made above:

1. I did not post that all drinkers are drunks at football games

2. Did not say that pizza eaters are Communists.

Try doing what intelligent people do when being critical of another person's views. Quote them exactly.

Now go ahead and pick another fight if that is what you want to do. I offered peace (see post #152 above), you want this endless war. Fine.

Last edited:

(1) Here is your quote: "Therefore, most drinkers are addicts." I apologize, you did not say that everyone has a beer at a football game is an addict/drunk, just most of the people. Better?

(2) I did not say you said that pizza eaters are Communist. I am saying that anyone who can eat pizza in moderation is a Communist. I said that.

(3) Do you find it all ironic that you typed "Try doing what intelligent people do when being critical of another person's views. Quote them exactly" in a post where you could not figure out the quoting function on the message board?

(4) You are priceless. You called most people who have a beer at a football game addicts. You opened an investigation into people standing at football games. LOL. Now you're whining, again, about people responding to your nonsense.

I won't post about this again, but wow.

You already mentioned that you are unable to get front row seats for next season. Why don't you get indoor club tickets? From my somewhat limited experience up there, no one stands at their seats (or even sit in their seats for that matter - it's a very social kind of atmosphere, you know, a see and be seen type of place where people prefer to gather around one of the tables to converse whilst casually watching the game on the surrounding tvs in lieu of observing the action on the field. Unfortunately, scant cheering occurs and you can't really hear the rest of the crowd or band. Altogether it's devastatingly sterile compared to what I would consider a typical P5 college football experience, but I also do not share your grievance) throughout the game.

As an added benefit of not having to deal with the possibility of towering, upright bipeds obscuring your sight line, the buffet is dope and there is an open bar with beer and wine.

Post #152 Veritas says he is done posting in this thread. Then proceeds to post 5-6 times over the next 30 posts in the thread.

Man I hate the off season :)

When the drunks stop lying about what I have written, I'll stop posting. For example, your post. All you have to do is stop.
What did I lie about Carrie Nation? You specifically said you weren't going to post in this thread, and yet here you are, a bitter old crank, continuing to troll people because nobody here agrees with your whiny point of view. You're like a professional scold, and nobody likes a scold.

As an added benefit of not having to deal with the possibility of towering, upright bipeds obscuring your sight line, the buffet is dope and there is an open bar with beer and wine.

Oh no, he wouldn't like that, people might be drinking beer and wine. WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

Oh no, he wouldn't like that, people might be drinking beer and wine. WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?
Do they serve pizza there too? That place should be shut down.

(1) Here is your quote: "Therefore, most drinkers are addicts." I apologize, you did not say that everyone has a beer at a football game is an addict/drunk, just most of the people. Better?

(2) I did not say you said that pizza eaters are Communist. I am saying that anyone who can eat pizza in moderation is a Communist. I said that.

(3) Do you find it all ironic that you typed "Try doing what intelligent people do when being critical of another person's views. Quote them exactly" in a post where you could not figure out the quoting function on the message board?

(4) You are priceless. You called most people who have a beer at a football game addicts. You opened an investigation into people standing at football games. LOL. Now you're whining, again, about people responding to your nonsense.

Box

What did I lie about Carrie Nation? You specifically said you weren't going to post in this thread, and yet here you are, a bitter old crank, continuing to troll people because nobody here agrees with your whiny point of view. You're like a professional scold, and nobody likes a scold.

And apparently needs to scold the so called "scold" several times each day for as many months as it takes. I already answered your question clearly. Continue if you must.

Once again, I did not post that "most people who have a beer at a football game are addicts". You just did. And I do not need your permission or approval to "opened an inverstigation into people standing at football games", nor did I write that I did such a thing. You wrote that, I didn't. This is all basic scholarship and good manners. Quote what people said or wrote, not what you want them to have said or think what they said. Very basic stuff. When it is done deliberately in order to misrepresent what a person said, that is a lie. Stop it.

Post #152 Veritas says he is done posting in this thread. Then proceeds to post 5-6 times over the next 30 posts in the thread.

Man I hate the off season :)

Such was the offer refused. Yet here you are posting again. Why do you need to if this is such a bore for you? I will continue to defend myself if lied about. This thread will be over until next September when the lying stops about what I have posted. Now post again if you still need to be bored and noticed.

Once again, I did not post that "most people who have a beer at a football game are addicts". You just did. And I do not need your permission or approval to "opened an inverstigation into people standing at football games", nor did I write that I did such a thing. You wrote that, I didn't. This is all basic scholarship and good manners. Quote what people said or wrote, not what you want them to have said or think what they said. Very basic stuff. When it is done deliberately in order to misrepresent what a person said, that is a lie. Stop it.

You said:

If every occasion is a drinking occasion they are an addict. Therefore, most drinkers are addicts. Test yourself. I drank for a year or so in college but saw drinking as a waste of tons of money and quit. Just don't need it. It was never my thing at all. For the past 50 plus years I probably don't average one drink a month. But, my comment was originally that most of the standing drinkers in front of us at the Badger game were clear, heavy drinkers. (You know, the guy drinking out of three beer cans at once. Probably a drunk. Or am I being "judgemental" in his case?)

In context of you complaining about people drinking at a football game, people put 2 + 2 together. You completely forget context and what lead up to the post

But again, you be you and keep saying you didn't say things because there is a minor discrepancy in the exact quote

They want to falsify what I say, I feel I need to defend my reasonable positions. For example, I know that you beat your wife and are a drunk.
Oops, that might get someone's attention. Methinks there might be some itchy fingers around a ban hammer shortly.

Well, it's been fun while it lasted.

Such was the offer refused. Yet here you are posting again. Why do you need to if this is such a bore for you? I will continue to defend myself if lied about. This thread will be over until next September when the lying stops about what I have posted. Now post again if you still need to be bored and noticed.

For someone who is so determined to be quoted exactly could you tell me where I said I was bored and looking to get noticed? Please make sure you quote exactly where I said that using the exact words that I used. I'll wait.....take your time....no rush.....I am sure you will be able to find it....because you wouldn't put words in someone's mouth or interpret what they are saying when the exact wording is so important to you.

This thread is beyond stupid and pointless but it is far from boring.

your wife goes home with me again. Sorry not sorry just saying.
What I find amazing is that you likely don't even realize how incredibly pathetic creating (16) accounts in less than 6-months just so you can stalk someone you have never met on GH truly is. Let me assure you, it is very pathetic. Like you should probably seek professional help pathetic. Seriously, you may want to consider that.

For someone who is so determined to be quoted exactly could you tell me where I said I was bored and looking to get noticed? Please make sure you quote exactly where I said that using the exact words that I used. I'll wait.....take your time....no rush.....I am sure you will be able to find it....because you wouldn't put words in someone's mouth or interpret what they are saying when the exact wording is so important to you.

This thread is beyond stupid and pointless but it is far from boring.

You are right, you never find any issue boring where you can get in there and get all outraged and pontificate. Play on expert.

PS I did not start this thread.

Last edited:

Oops, that might get someone's attention. Methinks there might be some itchy fingers around a ban hammer shortly.

Well, it's been fun while it lasted.

You think the management team is concerned about all the posts and views generated by this thread? Maybe. I sense they will take any reasonable conversation they can get. But, either way, I post at the pleasure of the owners.

Last edited:

You said:

In context of you complaining about people drinking at a football game, people put 2 + 2 together. You completely forget context and what lead up to the post

But again, you be you and keep saying you didn't say things because there is a minor discrepancy in the exact quote

A "minor" discrepancy? If it is minor, get it correct. But you don't want to quote it correctly because you want to turn it into what it was not. If you had gone to a half decent university at a time when such a thing existed you would know that or you would not have gotten a degree.

I literally quoted your exact words and followed it with a question. You're not only incredibly judgmental and sensitive, but you might be a bit delusional as well.

See these things --> " ", they are called quotes. So the stuff between them are things you actually said. You typed ". . . most drinkers are addicts". That is what I quoted from you. I then followed that quote with a question. Try to follow.

(1) YOU SAID ". . . most drinkers are addicts".
(2) I ASKED (I'll try it in another way) - Because you think most drinkers are addict (see point (1)), doesn't that you mean that most people who have a beer at a football game are addicts?
- - - - Note. That portion of my statement did not have quotes and it ended with one of these --> ?. Those things mean that I was asking you a question and not pretending that you said that.

(3) Now this is another question, try to follow: If you have a beer at a game, that means you drink alcohol, right? If you drink alcohol, doesn't that make you a drinker?
- - - Note, again, I am ASKING you a question.

You are right, you never find any issue boring where you can get in there and get all outraged and pontificate. Play on expert.

PS I did not start this thread.

To Veritas:
The fact that this thread even exists should give you some clue as to how your message is being received. The only person pontificating in this thread is you and I can assure you I am nowhere close to outraged by any of this.

To Everyone Else: :)
This has got to be one of the strangest threads ever on this board and that is truly saying something. Wonder where it will go next?

I literally quoted your exact words and followed it with a question. You're not only incredibly judgmental and sensitive, but you might be a bit delusional as well.

See these things --> " ", they are called quotes. So the stuff between them are things you actually said. You typed ". . . most drinkers are addicts". That is what I quoted from you. I then followed that quote with a question. Try to follow.

(2) I ASKED (I'll try it in another way) - Because you think most drinkers are addict (see point (1)), doesn't that you mean that most people who have a beer at a football game are addicts?
- - - - Note. That portion of my statement did not have quotes and it ended with one of these --> ?. Those things mean that I was asking you a question and not pretending that you said that.

(3) Now this is another question, try to follow: If you have a beer at a game, that means you drink alcohol, right? If you drink alcohol, doesn't that make you a drinker?
Kudos on the effort. He has mastered the art of totally ignoring the parts of people's posts that don't match up with his message so I wouldn't hold your breath for a rational response. But again, I like the effort to explain things that seem to be going over his head, well done.

P.S. His "most drinkers are addicts" line is one of the more ignorant things I have seen posted in this forum.

To Veritas:
The fact that this thread even exists should give you some clue as to how your message is being received. The only person pontificating in this thread is you and I can assure you I am nowhere close to outraged by any of this.

To Everyone Else: :)
This has got to be one of the strangest threads ever on this board and that is truly saying something. Wonder where it will go next?

Yeah, a thread about a bunch of lies made up by a bunch of angry drunks about a simple post that the Gopher D would probably start the next season weaker because we will be losing seven starters on D. Who could believe guys would still be doing that for over three months now? Even starting a new thread to lie and whine about it. Amazing.

Play on deep whiner. I think I'll ask the management for a commission for all the posts I amazingly seem to have stirred up without even trying.

My original point on drinking was the AA position of many years ago that a good indicator of an alcoholic is that such a person sees every event as a drinking event. As most drinkers drink at every event they are, by that definition, an alcoholic. What I did not spell out for you is that these people do not see themselves as adicts, they call themselves "social drinkers" because they think they only drink at social occasions, which is probably true in a sense because they define a round of golf, a business meeting, any game, and get together at all, or no get together at all as a social occasion. My original question, my original challenge was for these social drinkers to go ahead and try to do anything without drinking for some serious length of time. They could not. They are addicted. Thus, most of the people drinking at the game are unable to not drink for any real length of time because they are, in fact, addicted. Are they legally drunk at the game? Yes, most certainly are. Will they drive home or wherever after the game drunk? Yes, most will.

Your question. Yes, drinkers drink. One drink, not drunk. Three drinks at a time (weight 150 lbs)? Drunk very soon. 12 drinks in four hours, drunk. Etc. Thanks for asking. You know the simple guide for drinks and drunk.

Now go ahead and make your next point, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.,.

Yeah, a thread about a bunch of lies made up by a bunch of angry drunks about a simple post that the Gopher D would probably start the next season weaker because we will be losing seven starters on D. Who could believe guys would still be doing that for over three months now? Even starting a new thread to lie and whine about it. Amazing.

Play on deep whiner. I think I'll ask the management for a commission for all the posts I amazingly seem to have stirred up without even trying.

You have a really odd view of alcohol use and abuse. Honest question, you keep referring to anyone who disagrees with you as a drunk, do you think we are all drinking/drunk right now?

Top Bottom