All Things Veritas Losing 7 Defensive Starters Thread

Mayo ODD. What is that, please? I have not said that standing for the entire three and half hours is a criminal act, only that it is hugely inconsiderate, rude and anti Gopher football attendance. Surely the Gopher football authorities do not want to force the very fans who have kept this program going over the past 50 years out of going to the games. These are the very best of fans in that they have been fans through thick and lots of thin. They, in many cases, will be here after the current winning form is over. Not to even mention that they, in many cases, are the money that supports the program. Frankly, I can not understand how flat out blind you guys must be to have not noticed that there is virtually no standing at all except on the most exciting plays in the most expensive sections of the stadium. Stunningly obtuse. I still think the obvious answer to this problem is to desinate some sections as pure standing all game long sections.
It should have per the Mayo, ODD (oppositional defiance disorder) is . . .

It should have per the Mayo, ODD (oppositional defiance disorder) is . . .

As I have said before, I will wait until the U makes clear to me what they are going to do about this problem which they have acknowledged to me. Once I get that or more likely some of that, I will decide what I will do after consulting with the ladies.

A drunk is a drunk, a rude person is a rude person, no need to pussy foot or protect these types. Standing in front of old women who do not want to stand for a whole game is rude. Full stop. Not being a wimp I will speak up and do something about that if I can whether it offens the drunks and savages or not.

What does that have to do with you telling me to go out with co-workers and judge whether or not they are addicted to alcohol? That doesn't make you a tough guy.

What does that have to do with you telling me to go out with co-workers and judge whether or not they are addicted to alcohol? That doesn't make you a tough guy.

So what are you doing now? Judging? And I did not tell you to go out with your co workers and say anything about anything. I gave you the AA standard for the word alcoholic. If a person can not attend an event without drinking they are well on their way to being alcoholics just like the person who can not eat without eating too much is well on his or her way to being a diabetic. Refusing to acknowledge the problem is the problem in both cases. I guess if I was actually with the person I would avoid being confortational, but that is not what is being discused here. The big deal over standing is, IMHO, mostly about the right to be a drunken lout. So I say so on this site. That's me.

Funny, I've been to games at those places and do not recall standing that much. Must be tough on the whellchair types. Been to nearly two hundred Gopher home games and have only encountered this stand for three and half hours straight at the last game of this season. If this is not straightened out by the end of next season our three seats will be cancelled. You guys can "Row the Boat Standing!" Great job of building the fan base.

giphy.gif

I'll concede it was hyperbole to claim that you said "no one" else knew 7 players would leave --- but what you countered is definitely a stretch. You have in fact posted things like what I said. You made the case that you were in a select group of people that knew 7 players were leaving.

You started a thread called "Well by golly we did end up losing exactly seven guys off the d" and started it with this post.

You then went on to post

Elsewhere you posted

I've already tried this route and quoted several of his posts. He just disregards them

So what are you doing now? Judging? And I did not tell you to go out with your co workers and say anything about anything. I gave you the AA standard for the word alcoholic. If a person can not attend an event without drinking they are well on their way to being alcoholics just like the person who can not eat without eating too much is well on his or her way to being a diabetic. Refusing to acknowledge the problem is the problem in both cases. I guess if I was actually with the person I would avoid being confortational, but that is not what is being discused here. The big deal over standing is, IMHO, mostly about the right to be a drunken lout. So I say so on this site. That's me.

(1) Who am I judging? I simply said that judging everyone else does not make you a tough guy.

(2) You told me to "try it out with my coworkers". Essentially, you wanted me to find out if AA believes they are alcoholics.

(3) Who cares what AA thinks? I have a brain.

(4) "If a person can not attend an event without drinking they are well on their way to being alcoholics just like the person who can not eat without eating too much is well on his or her way to being a diabetic. "

- You don't attend events every day. They are social gatherings. You eat every single day. I always overeat when I am out with friends and family (or at family dinners), but I almost never over eat at home. What about people who drink the same way? They like to drink at social gatherings but rarely drink or get drunk at home? I know you would think they're a drunk because AA thinks they're a drunk, but you can kind of see that you're a hypocrit.

At the end of the day, it must be a miserable existence to feel the need to go to social events where a ton of people drink (whether you like it or not) and to sit in judgement of them.

People have a right to see the game and people have a right to stand.
If some people are unable to stand for the whole game or even parts of it and ask the perpetual standers in front of them to only stand on occasion and the standers refuse I would say that is very poor behavior and borders on opposition defiance disorder.
Standing the whole game to prove ones superior fandom if it harms others is juvenile behavior.
Oh my. You must work in the medical industry. ODD for refusing to sit at a FB game? You live in the perfect time for such a ridiculous claim.

(1) Who am I judging? I simply said that judging everyone else does not make you a tough guy.

(2) You told me to "try it out with my coworkers". Essentially, you wanted me to find out if AA believes they are alcoholics.

(3) Who cares what AA thinks? I have a brain.

(4) "If a person can not attend an event without drinking they are well on their way to being alcoholics just like the person who can not eat without eating too much is well on his or her way to being a diabetic. "

- You don't attend events every day. They are social gatherings. You eat every single day. I always overeat when I am out with friends and family (or at family dinners), but I almost never over eat at home. What about people who drink the same way? They like to drink at social gatherings but rarely drink or get drunk at home? I know you would think they're a drunk because AA thinks they're a drunk, but you can kind of see that you're a hypocrit.

At the end of the day, it must be a miserable existence to feel the need to go to social events where a ton of people drink (whether you like it or not) and to sit in judgement of them.

Actually it is not. I know that some are just social drinkers and many others are just alcoholics. It's simple and does not cause a stir. But, I also know the nearly unmeasurable misery that drunks cause to millions of Americans per year. Just look at the tens of thousand murdered on our roads by drinkers every year of my long life. Nothing hypocritical about that. Just stating the facts. Notice for example the absurd comment above by another poster that a guy drinking three beers at one time is not a drunk. Of course he is. He is legally drunk. Nothing judgemental in that statement other than stating of the facts.

I've already tried this route and quoted several of his posts. He just disregards them

My statements are true while yours and other's posts are hyperbole or outright lies regarding my posts. I have never said that I am the only one concerned about seven guys leaving. It is just that simple and true.

My statements are true while yours and other's posts are hyperbole or outright lies regarding my posts. I have never said that I am the only one concerned about seven guys leaving. It is just that simple and true.

Bull shit, I shared exact quotes of you. Multiple people read your posts the same way I do, and you claim they're hyperbole and lies.

Actually it is not. I know that some are just social drinkers and many others are just alcoholics. It's simple and does not cause a stir. But, I also know the nearly unmeasurable misery that drunks cause to millions of Americans per year. Just look at the tens of thousand murdered on our roads by drinkers every year of my long life. Nothing hypocritical about that. Just stating the facts. Notice for example the absurd comment above by another poster that a guy drinking three beers at one time is not a drunk. Of course he is. He is legally drunk. Nothing judgemental in that statement other than stating of the facts.

How does one drink three beers at a time? Was he holding up three cans and drinking from all three at once?

I mean, you can only buy two at a time at the concession stand.

Depends on the beer, drinking 3 coors lights or bud lights over the course of a game will not get you legally drunk unless you weigh 90lbs

Oh my. You must work in the medical industry. ODD for refusing to sit at a FB game? You live in the perfect time for such a ridiculous claim.
Not refusing to sit but refusing to sit at the request of people behind you who do not choose or unable to stand. That fits ODD to a T.
People who come to the game have an inherent right to see the game.
If your behavior causes them not to see the game you are depriving them of a right for which they paid for.
Stand if you must but as most normal people do briefly at the few crucial parts of the game.
If standing for the whole game gives you some sense of superiority you have a very weak sense of self worth.

Of course it's hypocritical. That is why you deflected the conversation into talking about drunk drivers. Your first argument was that people who like to drink at social events were drunks. I'm glad you've at least backpedaled from that - - yes, I agree with you - - there are social drinkers and alcoholics. They are not one in the same.

A guy drinking three beers at one time is not necessarily a drunk. My dad drinks about 3 times per year and we have a picture of him at a sporting event holding three beers (he didn't want to wait in line over and over again).

As far as legally being drunk, so what? You think that if someone is ever legally drunk they are a drunk? That is absurd.

Of course it's hypocritical. That is why you deflected the conversation into talking about drunk drivers. Your first argument was that people who like to drink at social events were drunks. I'm glad you've at least backpedaled from that - - yes, I agree with you - - there are social drinkers and alcoholics. They are not one in the same.

A guy drinking three beers at one time is not necessarily a drunk. My dad drinks about 3 times per year and we have a picture of him at a sporting event holding three beers (he didn't want to wait in line over and over again).

As far as legally being drunk, so what? You think that if someone is ever legally drunk they are a drunk? That is absurd.

There you go again Bob, I did not write or say "that people who like to drink at social events were drunks". YOU just wrote that. Now some other pinhead will take your statement as proof that I said that. I said that many of the guys and gals standing in front of me at the Badger game for the entire game were drunk. I stand by that. Your last sentence is a gem of clear thinking. Of course a drunk is a drunk. The question is can they stop "needing" to get drunk. Thus, the AA statement.

Yeah, this is getting beyond stupid. But it is the off season so threads like this are bound to happen.
I thought this thread would die immediately --- but I should have known that what we really wanted to talk about was Veritas's ODD which manifests in his refusal to allow others to stand without being vindictive towards the university by threatening to cancel his season tickets.

Yeah, this is getting beyond stupid. But it is the off season so threads like this are bound to happen.

Didn't go quite the way you wanted it to go when you first posted on this thread? "Let's make up some false crud about Veritas because he does not support our right to believe that rude drunks are, in fact, addicts." "Stone the bastard!!!"

Bull shit, I shared exact quotes of you. Multiple people read your posts the same way I do, and you claim they're hyperbole and lies.

Where did I say that only I believe that losing seven starters will hurt the D in the short run? Simple, I did not. Go ahead, post it right here, right now.

Where did I say that only I believe that losing seven starters will hurt the D in the short run? Simple, I did not. Go ahead, post it right here, right now.

BS, it has been argued on this site, this fall, that only six would leave and even more importantly that their leaving will be either only a small problem or, sillier yet, that it is likely we will be even better on D with the new guys. Just read some of the posts in this thread. IMHO our program is not in any position at all to just assume that "next man up" means things will be better even in September. I, for one, will be delighted and totally surpized if that proves to be true.

Not refusing to sit but refusing to sit at the request of people behind you who do not choose or unable to stand. That fits ODD to a T.
People who come to the game have an inherent right to see the game.
If your behavior causes them not to see the game you are depriving them of a right for which they paid for.
Stand if you must but as most normal people do briefly at the few crucial parts of the game.
If standing for the whole game gives you some sense of superiority you have a very weak sense of self worth.
That sounds more like someone who is rude or self-centered than ODD. You have either never met someone with ODD or you work in the medical industry. I would guess the latter, but could be wrong. Diagnosing every character flaw or hardship is a priority now-a-days. Nothing is the person's fault, everyone is a victim. smh

Didn't go quite the way you wanted it to go when you first posted on this thread? "Let's make up some false crud about Veritas because he does not support our right to believe that rude drunks are, in fact, addicts." "Stone the bastard!!!"

Your take on alcohol addiction is just flat out wrong. I made the mistake of quoting the part of your post that made sense combined with the dumb part so of course you focused in on the good part and ignored the rest (it is what you do on most topics). This line right here:

If every occasion is a drinking occasion they are an addict. Therefore, most drinkers are addicts. - Veritas post #20

The first part of what you wrote is of course true. Someone who has to drink all the time is an alcoholic but then you followed it up with the conclusion that "therefore, most drinkers are addicts" which is just stupid.

But look, you have enough people to argue with and I really don't feel like wasting more time then I already have attempting to have any sort of actual conversation with you because frankly it just isn't worth it. I will just sit back with my popcorn and enjoy this off season fluff thread. It has already taken a bunch of twists and turns....can't wait to see where it goes next.

Your take on alcohol addiction is just flat out wrong. I made the mistake of quoting the part of your post that made sense combined with the dumb part so of course you focused in on the good part and ignored the rest (it is what you do on most topics). This line right here:

If every occasion is a drinking occasion they are an addict. Therefore, most drinkers are addicts. - Veritas post #20

The first part of what you wrote is of course true. Someone who has to drink all the time is an alcoholic but then you followed it up with the conclusion that "therefore, most drinkers are addicts" which is just stupid.

But look, you have enough people to argue with and I really don't feel like wasting more time then I already have attempting to have any sort of actual conversation with you because frankly it just isn't worth it. I will just sit back with my popcorn and enjoy this off season fluff thread. It has already taken a bunch of twists and turns....can't wait to see where it goes next.

He feels everyone else misreads what he writes.

How does one drink three beers at a time? Was he holding up three cans and drinking from all three at once?

I think you need one of those funnel deal thingybobs..... like I've seen at Iowa tailgates....

Top Bottom