All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

Alone is about to crown a winner. Unless something happens to Timber like a injury or illness I just don’t see how he can lose at this point

Awesome interview, thank you for posting. He comes across as such a likable guy, some great info for us Office aficionados.

I read that Kevin/Brian is one of, if not the, highest grossing star on the app Cameo. Good for him.

Go The Office!!
Have you or anyone else here ever use Cameo? I started looking through it and there are some that are pretty reasonably priced (Hrbek is only $74 for instance) while others not so much. It seems from reviews that the cheaper options are also the people that take the time to make good videos.

I found the YouTube series Hot Ones on AXS. It's completely fascinating. It's amazing to watch A List celebs, for the most part, answering talk show type questions while sampling 10 chicken wings with progressively hotter sauce.

Host Sean Evans does fantastic deep dive research, and asks what I find to be really engaging questions.

He also looks like a doppelganger for a certain Big 10 football coach, IMO.

MV5BOTNmNmExZTktOTc4Yi00ZTlkLWI0YzAtNGM3ODYyYjgzY2NmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

Alone is about to crown a winner. Unless something happens to Timber like a injury or illness I just don’t see how he can lose at this point
Any of the remaining three could win this season. I picked William episode one, but Timber is killing it.

Any of the remaining three could win this season. I picked William episode one, but Timber is killing it.
I’m just glad Dub caught that huge pike or he’d be gone. Just love his personality. I agree any 3 could win it now

Just completed season five of Mad Men. Two more to go. The fun of rewatching a series for me is noting the symbolism, world views, plot development/tricks, etc. . Mad Men is a perfect show for that. Loved it the first time through. Really love it now.

I found the YouTube series Hot Ones on AXS. It's completely fascinating. It's amazing to watch A List celebs, for the most part, answering talk show type questions while sampling 10 chicken wings with progressively hotter sauce.

Host Sean Evans does fantastic deep dive research, and asks what I find to be really engaging questions.

He also looks like a doppelganger for a certain Big 10 football coach, IMO.

View attachment 33022
Best interviewer on any platform. Finds really interesting questions that often surprise his guests, and somehow finds really personal questions. A really good watch.

However, the best interview on Hot Ones was this:

I’m just glad Dub caught that huge pike or he’d be gone. Just love his personality. I agree any 3 could win it now
One more episode to go. I'm just so impressed with all three of these guys. Very likable and deserving of winning.

I was pulling for Dub but
One more episode to go. I'm just so impressed with all three of these guys. Very likable and deserving of winning.
Those 3 are as tough as they get but William comes out on top. He rarely talked about missing home during the 80 plus days in the Artic and pretty much kept his mind on the tasks at hand. Mentally he was stronger than the rest. Hoping they do a season 12 and would love to see them go back partners once again

I was pulling for Dub but
Those 3 are as tough as they get but William comes out on top. He rarely talked about missing home during the 80 plus days in the Artic and pretty much kept his mind on the tasks at hand. Mentally he was stronger than the rest. Hoping they do a season 12 and would love to see them go back partners once again
William didn't even have a fire in his dwelling (forgot what he called his "house"). Guy was strong in every way.

So.....my wife and I always predict the winner after the first episode. I picked William mainly because he is from Labrador. He already knew how to deal with the cold. I also predicted a few episodes ago that Timber would get goofy and quit based on the belief that the money wouldn't actually help him. Boom! He had his goofy moment and was gone. Timber was still a really entertaining contestant and would have won a bunch of other seasons IMO.

Preacher on Netflix

First season is ok, I enjoyed it, then it starts going downhill in season 2.

William didn't even have a fire in his dwelling (forgot what he called his "house"). Guy was strong in every way.

So.....my wife and I always predict the winner after the first episode. I picked William mainly because he is from Labrador. He already knew how to deal with the cold. I also predicted a few episodes ago that Timber would get goofy and quit based on the belief that the money wouldn't actually help him. Boom! He had his goofy moment and was gone. Timber was still a really entertaining contestant and would have won a bunch of other seasons IMO.
William no doubt was built for this. I had Timber winning it as he had food for at least 100 days but his mind got in the way. Like I said I’d love to see them go back to partners again. Those 2 Canadian brothers who won it were a treat to watch. My favorite season for sure

William no doubt was built for this. I had Timber winning it as he had food for at least 100 days but his mind got in the way. Like I said I’d love to see them go back to partners again. Those 2 Canadian brothers who won it were a treat to watch. My favorite season for sure
"Crab Trap"

Slow Horses 4th season just dropped on 🍎 - Oldman & company deliver again - my current favorite series by far.

Is anyone here watching The Bear? We loved the first two seasons but are really struggling to finish the 3rd season. I've never seen a show advance a storyline as slow as this season of The Bear. Apparently I'm not the only one thinking this as the reviews for the season were rough. It's a beautifully shot show, different than most, but the writers are really hoping its loyal audience is in for the long haul with the detailed backstories they are dragging out in Season 3.

Go Gophers!!

Slow Horses 4th season just dropped on 🍎 - Oldman & company deliver again - my current favorite series by far.

Did the whole season drop at once? Or will it be one episode per week at a time? I've been waiting for that one to fire up again. Great series, Oldman is incredible

Watched the first two episodes of Bad Monkey which dropped on Apple.

Vince Vaughn plays a forlorn, wise ass ex-cop anti-hero. In tone, it much like Poker Face.

Takes place in The Florida Keys and is actually filmy there as well, which is unusual due to the weather and no tax incentives, thst GA & NC offer. The showrunner insisted that it be shot there, as the geography, essentially is another character in the show and really can’t be replicated elsewhere.
I'm through episode 3 and enjoying it greatly--lots of things to love: Vaughn, based on a Carl Hiassen novel which equates to unexpected twists, scuzzy and colorful characters, and an overall vibe that makes multiple murders seem as enjoyable as a day at the beach. And lest I forget to mention--the voodoo woman 👀

I'm through episode 3 and enjoying it greatly--lots of things to love: Vaughn, based on a Carl Hiassen novel which equates to unexpected twists, scuzzy and colorful characters, and an overall vibe that makes multiple murders seem as enjoyable as a day at the beach. And lest I forget to mention--the voodoo woman 👀
Glad you’re enjoying it and great summation!

The plot gets better, which genuinely surprised me, as the series progressed; it has more depth than I imagined.

Great to see Scott Glenn again - I was stumped initially as to who he was and then his graceful, gravelly voice rebooted my grey matter.

Like Alex Moffet as the weenie real estate weasel.

Zach Braff as the slimeball surgeon makes me laugh and reflect as it’s a slippery slope once your moral compass goes haywire.

I’m convinced that good supporting characters are really necessary to elevate a series the longer I’m around.

Last edited:

Smart for them, I agree. More of a binge watcher myself, so not big on it from my perspective.
I wait until the whole season has been released. You can't miss what you haven't yet watched...and apparently I have some control issues.

I wait until the whole season has been released. You can't miss what you haven't yet watched...and apparently I have some control issues.
I dare you to exhibit that control after a 2-1 Twins loss to the Rays; you ain’t that tough🥳

Is anyone here watching The Bear? We loved the first two seasons but are really struggling to finish the 3rd season. I've never seen a show advance a storyline as slow as this season of The Bear. Apparently I'm not the only one thinking this as the reviews for the season were rough. It's a beautifully shot show, different than most, but the writers are really hoping its loyal audience is in for the long haul with the detailed backstories they are dragging out in Season 3.

Go Gophers!!
Yea, season 3 kind of sucked. Rumor has it that season 4 picks up the pace. Hope so as we loved first 2 seasons.

Think your route is the way to go. Was getting tired of watching “Preacher” on Netflix, couldn’t resist and caught the first episode.

I LOVE this show.

Are you watching the Australian season? We waited for the US season to end before starting the Aussie version. We are two episodes in.

Top Bottom