All Things Taison Chatman Recruiting Thread (Class of 2023, Totino-Grace HS, Gophers Offered)

You call him a cheater. Please list the infractions he has been found guilty of. And please remember we live in a country where you are innocent until proven guilty.

I know for a fact that Zion was getting his family taken care of while at Duke. So what does the fact that you know something and I know something have to do with guilt or not. Until proven otherwise you and I got nothing.

How about the Betts kid reclassifying? Awesome don't you think?

Bill Self = OJ Simpson apparently

You call him a cheater. Please list the infractions he has been found guilty of. And please remember we live in a country where you are innocent until proven guilty.

I know for a fact that Zion was getting his family taken care of while at Duke. So what does the fact that you know something and I know something have to do with guilt or not. Until proven otherwise you and I got nothing.

So doing something wrong isn't really doing something wrong unless you get caught...heck of a mentality there.

I also never denied Duke and other schools haven't cheated, most of the top programs do. It's just funny to see someone actually try and deny that Kansas and Bill Self cheat.

Also this thread is about Chatman, not Betts. Betts reclassifying seems good though, if he turns out to be a good player.

So doing something wrong isn't really doing something wrong unless you get caught...heck of a mentality there.

I also never denied Duke and other schools haven't cheated, most of the top programs do. It's just funny to see someone actually try and deny that Kansas and Bill Self cheat.

Also this thread is about Chatman, not Betts. Betts reclassifying seems good though, if he turns out to be a good player.
Can't call them cheaters if they aren't punished. Those are the facts. It's called due process, innocent until proven guilty.
It's actually a great mentality to have especially for someone who lives in the greatest country in the world.
Let me say it one last time so that we can move on to the hopeful Chatman recruitment, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

Can't call them cheaters if they aren't punished. Those are the facts. It's called due process, innocent until proven guilty.
It's actually a great mentality to have especially for someone who lives in the greatest country in the world.
Let me say it one last time so that we can move on to the hopeful Chatman recruitment, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.
Yes you can.

STFU with that BS.

We are not in criminal court. The NCAA selectively punishes and their proof does not have to be beyond a reasonable doubt. I live in KC and I know how badly the Jayhawks cheated. They were on wiretaps asking how much for different recruits. If that had been the Gophers, they would have got the death penalty. Plus this is a message board where guilt beyond a reasonable doubt is not the standard. On another note, when will Chatman decide?

Ah yes...the mark of someone who knows they are full of it. "Innocent until proven guilty" hah what a joke. You can get as pedantic as you like everyone knows Self cheats including you. Just stop your pants are burning the chair!

edit: sorry mod posted before I saw your post.

Hey Taison…you see those 5 guys we bringing in to play with you?

Looks good, doesn’t it?

Spoken like someone with their head in the sand about their favorite school/coach.

And I say that as someone who still finds Self very likable.

the best way that Ben can 'close the deal' with Chatman is to add as much talent as possible to the Gopher roster - Betts coming in early, and now Christie.

Show Chatman that he can be part of a talented team that can be a real factor in the B1G and the NCAA tournament.

show all MN recruits that you don't have to leave the state to chase conference titles, TV exposure or an NCAA tournament run.

then, beat the snot out of Bucky on the court to show all MN recruits that MN is the better option.

Tipton just had a tweet "one team trending for Chatman " anyone have VIP with info? I saw a reply that it was OSU but wasn't sure

Tipton just had a tweet "one team trending for Chatman " anyone have VIP with info? I saw a reply that it was OSU but wasn't sure
Almost certainly OSU as he and Bronny James visited for Saturday's football game.

Other people have already said it, but I'd be pretty shocked if Chatman ended up here. He'll go to the highest bidder.

saw an article over the weekend. writer gave odds on Chatman:
OSU 85%
Gophers 10%.

writer claimed that the Gophers may not be recruiting Chatman as hard since the commit from Christie. claims Christie said Johnson promised him a chance to play PG..............

article also said Gopher priorities now are Winter and the Center from California.

OSU 85%
Gophers 10%.

writer claimed that the Gophers may not be recruiting Chatman as hard since the commit from Christie. claims Christie said Johnson promised him a chance to play PG..............

article also said Gopher priorities now are Winter and the Center from California.
They are probably not recruiting him as hard as they see the writing on the wall. Great work getting Christie and not being left without a guard.

OSU 85%
Gophers 10%.

Smart recruiting, seemed like getting Chatman was unlikely anyway, come on Winter commit already, Evans is next.

I would have signed Wright and Jelly, Wright didn't need the ball to be effective, but if Jelly wanted to commit and Wright was out in the wind I would have taken Jelly. Chatman hasn't even scheduled an official. A bit to much like the Jones brothers, Vaughn, Chad, et all for me

Interesting. When Pitino did the same thing with highly rated MN recruits it was called lazy recruiting. Now it's 'smart recruiting'.
People called it lazy for Pitino bc he wasn’t putting in much effort before moving on. I’ve seen Ben actively recruiting Taisom. I was at the elite camp for 2025s & 2026s and as soon as taisom dad walked in the gym. Ben stopped everything just to acknowledge and converse with him. I am willing to bet he put effort in

Top Bottom