All Things Taison Chatman Recruiting Thread (Class of 2023, Totino-Grace HS, Gophers Offered)

GopherPlaya

Reaction score
What does that have to do with what I said or what he said? They had 14 guys on NBA rosters on opening night, that is the third most of any college.

This is his quote: “They have a lot of depth. They produce a lot of NBA-ready guys every year. I feel like people who go there are destined to go to the league.”

I assume this is the quote you're thinking he was fed poor information.

The 2020-21 UT team had three rookies get some run in the NBA last year alone.

I get that you want to talk about only guards who were drafted but that isn't what he said and it isn't what I said. The University of Texas puts a lot of players in the NBA.
On Texas “I know they want me to go down there soon so me and my dad will probably go down there in the next month maybe. They’ve been getting more known as a basketball school, and they’ve produced a lot of guards who are pros.” This quote

Spottedmuskie

Reaction score
On Texas “I know they want me to go down there soon so me and my dad will probably go down there in the next month maybe. They’ve been getting more known as a basketball school, and they’ve produced a lot of guards who are pros.” This quote
Yeah I thought that quote was interesting. How many coaches ago was the last time they had a guard make it to the league?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Yeah I thought that quote was interesting. How many coaches ago was the last time they had a guard make it to the league?
Sheldon Mac played in the NBA. He played for Shaka Smart. Their current coach (Chris Beard) has 7 guards who played in the NBA from the last six years from Texas Tech.

alchemy2u

Reaction score
Sheldon Mac played in the NBA. He played for Shaka Smart. Their current coach (Chris Beard) has 7 guards who played in the NBA from the last six years from Texas Tech.
You know what he meant!

There are plenty of ways to try and connect the dots, but Texas has not had GUARDS drafted by the NBA for a long time. Texas has not been considered a Guard school. It may become one with the coaching change, but that is not currently a FACT!

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
You know what he meant!

There are plenty of ways to try and connect the dots, but Texas has not had GUARDS drafted by the NBA for a long time. Texas has not been considered a Guard school. It may become one with the coaching change, but that is not currently a FACT!

Well apparently the player believes it to be fact, which is the most important thing.

Maybe someone should tweet at him and correct him 😂😂 (likely already done by someone lol)

Spottedmuskie

Reaction score
Shaka Smart has nothing to do with Taison being interested in Texas. I'm not going go pick a part a kids interview, would have been better to say something about the Texas Tech guards under Beard in the nba

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Top Minnesota guards Taison Chatman and Daniel Freitag are lighting up the spring AAU scene​

Totino-Grace's Taison Chatman and Jefferson's Daniel Freitag are the top players in their respective classes in Minnesota, but they haven't settled for that distinction this spring.

Chatman (Class of 2023) and Freitag (Class of 2024) are continuing a trend of point guards from the state proving to be among the nation's best.

As recently as the 2020 and 2022 classes, Jalen Suggs and Tre Holloman were No. 1 players in Minnesota as well. And now they have company in that elite fraternity.

"People had been sleeping on Minnesota basketball for a long time," Chatman said. "It seems like they're finally starting to wake up."

The Gophers have made Chatman and Freitag top priorities. Freitag also has scholarship offers from Wisconsin and Iowa State. Chatman received his first blue-blood offer from NCAA champion Kansas after Jayhawks coach Bill Self visited him last month.

"I just want to go out and show college coaches what I can really do," Chatman said. "I don't really compare my offers to a lot of people. I'm really just trying to figure out the best fit for me and my family where I can progress the most."

Gophers coach Ben Johnson finished 13-17 in his first season last year, but Chatman and Freitag attended several games and recognize a brighter future is ahead for the program.

"In the beginning of the year, they started off strong," Chatman said. "I know that shocked a lot of people and I really like what he's done with the program so far."

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom