All Things Taison Chatman Recruiting Thread (Class of 2023, Totino-Grace HS, Gophers Offered)

My guess on his Top 5 are: Kansas, Texas, UConn, Minnesota and one of the rest.

All right! We're in the top five again!!

"Be still my beating heart
It would be better to be cool
It's not time to be open just yet
A lesson once learned is so hard to forget

Be still my beating heart
Or I'll be taken for a fool"

All right! We're in the top five again!!

"Be still my beating heart
It would be better to be cool
It's not time to be open just yet
A lesson once learned is so hard to forget

Be still my beating heart
Or I'll be taken for a fool"
Maybe its a curse?

So perhaps moving forward, we stop posting threads about the #1 in state recruit until 1 actually commits

Yet another top recruit impressed with wild Willy and the cheating ways of go Jayhawks.
Same with slimy Sean Miller.
No need to cheat and be slimy anymore, it's all above the table, have to win the recruiting wars with relationships and basketball , I"m thinking long term it might be good for programs like Minnesota, never going to compete with the big buck guys but you can win with the mid tier guys and the ability to pay something might just spread out the talent.

Reading all the comments here... why would a kid choose MN over the opportunity to play major minutes right away at Kansas? Love Ben and what he's doing, but you can't compete with playing on ESPN and making deep runs in the tourney every single year.

Reading all the comments here... why would a kid choose MN over the opportunity to play major minutes right away at Kansas? Love Ben and what he's doing, but you can't compete with playing on ESPN and making deep runs in the tourney every single year.

It all depends on what is most important to that recruit.

If "winning a National Title" or "maximum TV exposure" are tops on the list, then that recruit is not coming to MN.

But - if "being closer to my family," "representing my home state," "helping to build a program" or "playing somewhere that I feel comfortable" are important, then it's a different story.

You can't just assume that every recruit is chasing fame, money and success. Sure, some of them are.

But, some of them might actually have different priorities. Shoot, some of them might even want to get an education.

and - believe it or not - some recruits might really like Ben Johnson and his approach.

Is that part of the deal at Kansas that he would play major minutes right away? Thought I read that he would have strong competition to see the court a lot his freshman year there

No need to cheat and be slimy anymore, it's all above the table, have to win the recruiting wars with relationships and basketball , I"m thinking long term it might be good for programs like Minnesota, never going to compete with the big buck guys but you can win with the mid tier guys and the ability to pay something might just spread out the talent.
All above the table? Nope.

Which is why we will have to either play ball on NIL or consider competing with St Thomas for recruits. Yes, we are going to get 5* guys but we can get 4* kids if we are playing on an even field. If we tilt the field further against ourselves....

Playing major minutes would be near the top for any recruit I would think.

On top of that, play in thee most unbelievable college BB setting, hands down

Last edited:

Is that part of the deal at Kansas that he would play major minutes right away? Thought I read that he would have strong competition to see the court a lot his freshman year there
As a 4* he would most likely struggle to get important minutes as a Frosh unless he lights up the court early and often. Pettiford as their point along with Harris. Dick and Rice both incoming 5* as the shooting guards. This might be a little issue for him.

HUH??? You would be way off base with that take, way off base.
Are the schools led by Miller and wild Willy in his top schools list?
Or am I misunderstanding wild Willy and his cheating?

Kansas days as a major program are numbered. They will not be a part of the super conferences and will fade back into the second tier status.

Kansas days as a major program are numbered. They will not be a part of the super conferences and will fade back into the second tier status.
I don’t see this being the case. Kansas will continue to get top recruits and will will continue to be in the national spotlight for the foreseeable future. I don’t think the “super conferences” are as big of a deal for BB as they are for FB.

Besides that he's still likely to get some form of punishment from the Addidas/FBI probe, I know for a fact Mario Chalmers was getting paid when he played there.
You call him a cheater. Please list the infractions he has been found guilty of. And please remember we live in a country where you are innocent until proven guilty.

I know for a fact that Zion was getting his family taken care of while at Duke. So what does the fact that you know something and I know something have to do with guilt or not. Until proven otherwise you and I got nothing.

How about the Betts kid reclassifying? Awesome don't you think?

You call him a cheater. Please list the infractions he has been found guilty of. And please remember we live in a country where you are innocent until proven guilty.

I know for a fact that Zion was getting his family taken care of while at Duke. So what does the fact that you know something and I know something have to do with guilt or not. Until proven otherwise you and I got nothing.

How about the Betts kid reclassifying? Awesome don't you think?
Ah, so but Duke.

Top Bottom