All Things Royce White Thread UPDATED 10/25: Royce cut by 76ers

Devoe, Austin, Royce, Rodney, Trevor......

Oh what could have been. Almost makes you sick.

Selection Sunday already has this posted on the All Things Royce White Thread.

Nothing like a tough loss @ MSU to bring back all this "what could have been" stuff. It's tough, but we all gotta move on at some point.

midnight madness ( or whatever we call it ), fall 2009...

best collection of ballers in gopher unis in the history of the Barn.

nolen, paul carter, cobbs, devoe, westbrook, bostick, hoff, trevor, rodney, damian, colt, RSIII, royce white.

Do we know if White has ever sought professional help, other than talking to a family practitioner?

Devoe, Austin, Royce, Rodney, Trevor......

Oh what could have been. Almost makes you sick.

People posting about it makes me sick. Move on, Colton, Cobbs, Devoe & Royce have.

Maybe Royce figured beating down the security gaurd was a safer option than sprinting all the way to his car and have heart failure.

The difference between Devoe and Welch isn't that huge when you consider defense and character.

comparison

The difference between Devoe and Welch isn't that huge when you consider defense and character.

That's an interesting comparison. Both have the signature step back jumper. Limited athletically. Devoe a little quicker, Welch definitely stronger. Welch is built a bit like Cobbs. Neither really a point guard but can play there.

Royce has a good game as Iowa State beat Kansas (18 pts, 6 rebs, 5 assists per Yahoo).
Royce has a good inside game, blocks out for rebounds, good passer but really struggling with FT's.

On an unrelated topic, Kansas' Naadir Tharpe (former Gopher recruit) did not play. He has limited minutes on the year.

IIRC Tubby did comment in general terms about Royce dealing with some (mental) issues.

Tubby only said issues...You inserted (mental) by reading between the lines after the fact. Bad post, GIT.

Tubby only said issues...You inserted (mental) by reading between the lines after the fact. Bad post, GIT.

True. That is why I put it (mental) in quotes. Dr. Don - do you think Tubby did not know about Royce's issues? I think he did. No shame in that. Royce has a problem and he is dealing with it. I know some people with similar issues. Tough thing to deal with. Worse than a physical problem. I wish him luck.

Sorry if my post offended anyone.

True. That is why I put it (mental) in quotes. Dr. Don - do you think Tubby did not know about Royce's issues? I think he did. No shame in that. Royce has a problem and he is dealing with it. I know some people with similar issues. Tough thing to deal with. Worse than a physical problem. I wish him luck.

Sorry if my post offended anyone.

Your example was only one of several by various people that use derogatory terms, assumptions, bad mouthing, etc., various degrees of mental illnesses.

Thank you for apologizing, and I wish that more people would become more tolerant and understanding of mental afflictions and stop stigmatizing of illnesses that are not only difficult to understand and diagnose, but even more difficult to treat.

Thanks again GIT.

OK, I give in . . .

To date I think my record is perfect in not crying over spilled milk or playing the "what if. . . " game. But yesterday, my son was watching the Iowa State v. KU game and he called me over to to say I had to see the last 3 minutes. Normally, I'll go out of my way to avoid watching anything Cyclone related (to my detriment this year). But, as he is my son, I went over and watched the finish of the game. Witnessed Royce and company as they took down the Jayhawks. Amazing.

Still, I was able to move on and not think about it too much. But then in this morning's Des Moines Register, what should I see as the (very) large lead photo of the sports section, but this . . .

royce.jpg

Seeing that "TC" tat, left me thinking for the rest of the morning, "What could have been, what could have been".

Not unhappy with any of the choices made in Minnesota w/r/t Royce, but . . . .damn, seeing that hurt.

He still has the "TC" tattoo. Does anyone know if he still have the big "M" tattoo or did he get that covered up? (Or am I mixing that up with the "M" he had carved in his hair (seriously))?

I can't believe that the U wasn't more understanding if we did know about these issues he was dealing with. As a fan of U basketball, it's beyond ridiculous to see so many of OUR players starring for other teams this year or out with injury. Hell, our lineup of White, Iverson, Mbakwe, Joseph, and Cobbs (with big Mo on the bench) would be a top-10 team alone, no exaggeration.

To date I think my record is perfect in not crying over spilled milk or playing the "what if. . . " game. But yesterday, my son was watching the Iowa State v. KU game and he called me over to to say I had to see the last 3 minutes. Normally, I'll go out of my way to avoid watching anything Cyclone related (to my detriment this year). But, as he is my son, I went over and watched the finish of the game. Witnessed Royce and company as they took down the Jayhawks. Amazing.

Still, I was able to move on and not think about it too much. But then in this morning's Des Moines Register, what should I see as the (very) large lead photo of the sports section, but this . . .

View attachment 1414

Seeing that "TC" tat, left me thinking for the rest of the morning, "What could have been, what could have been".

Not unhappy with any of the choices made in Minnesota w/r/t Royce, but . . . .damn, seeing that hurt.

Was it anxiety that made him tell the police "I know who stole the laptop. It was one of my boys, but I ain't no snitch, so I ain't telling you"? All he had to do was tell the police who it was & he could have played. He chose not to, so the police chose to slow roll the investigation. Being down for his boyz was more important than basketball. His choice, not Maturi's or Tubby's.

Also, this means his parents/every teacher/every coach ever all missed his mental health issues, not just Tubby. His erratic behavior has been there for years. Personally I call BS though. It's just another manipulative way for this sociopath to justify his predatory actions imo. That said, he's got a baby now, is living with the Mom, is away from those friends he was hanging around with & the NBA is just months away. I truly hope he can keep it out of the ditch & don't think he would have had the same success if he'd stayed at the U. Some times a kid needs a change of scenery.

Does anybody else have a tough time watching Royce play? He has got to be one of the laziest/worst free throw shooters I have ever saw, yet he just has so much potential when the ball is in his hand/he wants to score or defend! I don't know how Freddy can handle his ways!

Does anybody else have a tough time watching Royce play? He has got to be one of the laziest/worst free throw shooters I have ever saw, yet he just has so much potential when the ball is in his hand/he wants to score or defend! I don't know how Freddy can handle his ways!
I think Hoiberg is just happy when Royce steps up and wins those big games. It's only his second year and they beat Kansas.

Top Bottom