All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

+1

And the next line his HS coach says: "He loves the idea of being the next guy having the whole state on his side.”

would just love to see him and some of our big guys getting a ton of touches next year. we need a little lightning on this offense

only thing that kind of scares me about that article is the grades thing. i'd hate to see him on track to come here and have grades derail it. not saying that will happen as I know nothing of Jones' gpa, act, sat, etc. but just the way it was worded in the article made it concerning.

Is he that bad of a student??

Is he that bad of a student??

i don't know. this is the quote i'm referring to:

Jenkins said the Sooners want to review Jones’ academic records before making an offer. Jenkins said his star running back is “on track to graduate.”

Someone pointed out (possibly in this thread) that he supposedly had bad grades his freshman year but has since worked hard at it.

per Shooter:

The Gophers football team is showing interest in No. 1-ranked Eden Prairie running back Anthony Anderson, as is Iowa.

Anderson played football from third through eighth grade with Minneapolis Washburn running back Jeff Jones, who has committed to Minnesota. The two are good friends and want to play together in college. A scholarship offer to Anderson wouldn't be surprising.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_24272412/shooter-now-gophers-basketball-host-5-11-recruit

Go Gophers!!

Washburn and Jones will be playing at Minneapolis Southwest tomorrow (Friday night) if you are interested (wear some Gopher gear). He has been getting a ton of carries and he's looking very strong.

Washburn and Jones will be playing at Minneapolis Southwest tomorrow (Friday night) if you are interested (wear some Gopher gear). He has been getting a ton of carries and he's looking very strong.

Washburn will win by 40, Southwest was still the Indians the last time they beat Washburn!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Told Claeys reached out to Washburn RB Jeff Jones today, a soft <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> commit. He assured Jeff that all will be fine with Kill.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/388503487513763840">October 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Told Claeys reached out to Washburn RB Jeff Jones today, a soft <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> commit. He assured Jeff that all will be fine with Kill.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/388503487513763840">October 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I call B.S. I was told Claeys would never talk to a recruit who plays offense.
P.S. I know Claeys is now acting HC. I was just being equally ridiculous...

Flour Power!
Southwest almost won last year (Washburn won on the last play of the game).
millerrevised011410_rgb.jpg

I call B.S. I was told Claeys would never talk to a recruit who plays offense.
P.S. I know Claeys is now acting HC. I was just being equally ridiculous...

I'm actually surprised to hear Claeys even knows Jeff's name!

Saw Jeff Jones in person the other night. The thing I noticed most was he can cut a 180 on a dime and then accelerate...quickly I might add.

Saw Jeff Jones in person the other night. The thing I noticed most was he can cut a 180 on a dime and then accelerate...quickly I might add.

He's so quick laterally and has a killer jump cut/juke move.

When you saw him, how tall did he look? Legit 6 feet?

Big STrib profile on Jones: Washburn football star is tough to pin down

Solid performances at national camps during the spring and summer heightened Jones’ profile. Currently the only four-star prospect in the Gophers’ 2014 recruiting class, Jones now lists Minnesota, Iowa State, Michigan State, Missouri and others, including Illinois and Oklahoma, among his preferred schools.

“Really, I don’t have a ranking, but I can tell you that I’m going to take an official [visit] to Minnesota,” said the 6-1, 200-pound Jones, who has made unofficial visits to Minnesota and Iowa State and has worked out for Michigan State. “Every school that I take an official to has a possibility.”

Gophers fans must wait and watch to find out whether Minnesota maroon and gold run through Jones’s veins. The rush that came with making an early verbal commitment has given way to a larger view of what the college football world has to offer.

“I see some things in other schools that I also see in Minnesota that could also be a great chance for me,” Jones said.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/227753581.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Gopher report. Couldn't really say how tall he exactly is but 6 foot is a good guess.............Was never standing next to him. And at my age I'm lucky to have seen him do anything.

BleedGopher, I read that article too and it sounds like he really has become a soft commit at this point. Hope that changes and he and Ragnow play for the Gophers.

Annnndddd he's gone! In all seriousness this is not a good development and I hope the gophers show some improvement on the field or guys like Jones may start to waver

Could be one of worst recruiting classes ever. We need play makers.

Annnndddd he's gone! In all seriousness this is not a good development and I hope the gophers show some improvement on the field or guys like Jones may start to waver

Could be one of worst recruiting classes ever. We need play makers.

Could be one of the best too, with a small number of schollies available, on a star-per-player basis. How about we wait to see who shows up on campus before we start trashing this recruiting class?

On a whole I've always been a very positive posters ... but I just don't see this being a great recruiting class unless you know something the rest of us don't. So I respectfully disagree but appreciate your positive attitude. Unfortunately, I'm starting to lose mine.

Could be one of the best too, with a small number of schollies available, on a star-per-player basis. How about we wait to see who shows up on campus before we start trashing this recruiting class?

On a whole I've always been a very positive posters ... but I just don't see this being a great recruiting class unless you know something the rest of us don't. So I respectfully disagree but appreciate your positive attitude. Unfortunately, I'm starting to lose mine.

Nobody ever knows for sure whether a recruit is going to be good or not.
Stars are a good indicator based on high school success and offers, but often miss.
Jones could be a complete washout or the next adrian peterson. A guy like Dominic McKinzy could be the next dexter foreman or the next Johnny Manziel.
It's a crapshoot. This staff has found several nice prospects that were overlooked, they've proven IMO an ability to uncover solid players others overlook and find a fit in this program for them.
If Jones does decommit(which he hasn't yet), there are some pretty solid RB recruits considering us still, and Edwards redshirting this year will help add some juice to the O also.

Top Bottom