All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

I actually think it looks awesome in the sun....especially on tv

I think it's called a metallic flake :)

I like the sparkly helmets too. Of course I liked the metallic gold helmets of the Wacker years too...

discochris said:
I like the sparkly helmets too. Of course I liked the metallic gold helmets of the Wacker years too...

Sparkly helmets are for sissys! It's football not a beauty contest!

Sparkly helmets are for sissys! It's football not a beauty contest!

Do you have any idea how many college and professional football teams have metallic flakes in their helmets? Spend 15 minutes doing a bit of research instead of banging on your keyboard about sissys (sic).

I'll give you a hint on where to start - take a look at the reigning Super Bowl champions.

All of this debate is ridiculous.

Just put me in charge and be over with it.

GoGoGophers said:
Do you have any idea how many college and professional football teams have metallic flakes in their helmets? Spend 15 minutes doing a bit of research instead of banging on your keyboard about sissys (sic).

I'll give you a hint on where to start - take a look at the reigning Super Bowl champions.

I'm entitled to my opinion about flakes...so stop being a flake!!

I don't care if we go with something like Oregon as long as it incorporates Maroon and Gold in it.
We'll probably end up with black jerseys and pants with maroon and metallic gold trim and black helmets with an angry looking gopher head (more agressive than the "Mitch Lee era" gopher) replacing the block M.

I actually think it looks awesome in the sun....especially on tv

I think it's called a metallic flake :)

I'm really indifferent to the flakes on the helmets, but I am a big fan of the matte black/gray that Oregon and Oklahoma State uses. Just think it looks really sharp. How it would lookwith a maroon helmet I'm not sure, but I think it should be considered.

I'm really indifferent to the flakes on the helmets, but I am a big fan of the matte black/gray that Oregon and Oklahoma State uses. Just think it looks really sharp. How it would lookwith a maroon helmet I'm not sure, but I think it should be considered.

Totally agree. Those metallic gray uniforms with the subtle orange highlights and flat black cast-iron colored helmets Oklahoma State wore against K-State several weeks ago were seriously sweet, one of the best looking uniforms (in my opinion) I have seen in years and years.

New tweet from Doogie:

"The #Gophers continue to work with Nike and will unveil a new football jersey. The timeline is not set in stone yet."

Go Gophers!!

So who with the Gophers is working with Nike and who has the finally say on the new uniform? Kill? Maturi? Kaler?

Equipment managers work with Nike and find out what players/Kill want. Then they give the final go

I forgot who mocked these up, but I think these all look pretty sharp (minus goldy on the helmet).

gophers2.jpggophers4-1.jpggophers_1.jpgoldschoolnp.jpg

I thought I had read somewhere a while back that the contract with Nike was kaput and the U had signed on with another supplier...anyone else on this???

Too funny. Good call Freaky. I was surprised when I saw that combo at the stadium and was even more surprised that I thought it looked sharp.

That combo really grew on me during the game. Brent Yarina from BTN even liked it and tweeted that it should be our primary combo.

I have to disagree...
Glad they won & dominated he game!
Uniforms were oogly boogly...
I never want to see them again!

I thought I had read somewhere a while back that the contract with Nike was kaput and the U had signed on with another supplier...anyone else on this???

As I recall it was actually the other way around. Some of the non-revenue sports had other suppliers and now the U is a totally Nike school.

We should wear Zubaz pants. They'll make us look faster like a zebra running from a cheetah.

I just like that we are keeping with the 'tradition' of a new uniform with each coach. I know coach Kill, when asked about the uniforms prior to this past season, said he didn't really care what the team wore. So I'm assuming the decision will be run via the equipment manager and some sort of input from the players.

I just hope they go a bit more simple (enjoyed the Brew uniforms, but loved the simplicity of Mase's) on the design and incorporate the mix and match appeal that Brew's uniforms had (loved how we were guessing as to which combination the Gophs were going with on game day, TBH).

I just want a timeline on when these will be revealed.. Probably won't be until after the Spring, though.

Also, everyone should email the following photo to the equipment guy/Coach Kill in support of it being the new uniform:

attachment.php

Top Bottom