All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

I'm shocked...

No goofy side panels or piping.

The Brew era jerseys weren't as bad as they could've been, they were modern but still had class. I liked the piping, it wasn't overboard. I thought Minnesota on the chest was a nice touch, too. I will fondly remember them.

Not a fan of the new uniforms. I absolutely hate the maroon jersey/gold pants and white jersey/gold pants looks, they look way too "Mason" to me. Overall I am a fan of the new helmet (don't like the Ski-U-Mah unless it's really going to be incorporated in to Gopher athletics) and I like that the new uniforms feature larger numbers and no "Minnesota" on the front of the jersey. I dislike the font on the jersey, how plain the pants are, the brick gimmick, and the "Minnesota" on the back of the gold jerseys.

That said, I won't ever wear a football jersey again, so as long as they actually win in these, they work fine for me.

These are awesome BIG TEN uniforms. Very classy, traditional look. This is the look I was hoping for and definitely not expecting to get!

Not a fan of the new uniforms. I absolutely hate the maroon jersey/gold pants and white jersey/gold pants looks, they look way too "Mason" to me. Overall I am a fan of the new helmet (don't like the Ski-U-Mah unless it's really going to be incorporated in to Gopher athletics) and I like that the new uniforms feature larger numbers and no "Minnesota" on the front of the jersey. I dislike the font on the jersey, how plain the pants are, the brick gimmick, and the "Minnesota" on the back of the gold jerseys.

That said, I won't ever wear a football jersey again, so as long as they actually win in these, they work fine for me.

"That's like, just your opinion, man." ;)

6a00e54fe381ec88340147e17cbf8c970b-500wi

Best case scenario was a return to the Mason-era uniforms. With the other garbage Nike has produced in recent years, I will happily settle for the minor bells and whistles that have been added. I'm pleased.

View attachment 1401

So has anybody heard if there is a white variation of the helmet like last years. It would look good with the all white uniform.
If there was one they planned to unveil I suspect today would have been the day. Doesn't mean they can't bring one out as a surprise some time, but I wouldn't expect it to be a regular part of the uniform.

Boring is good.

The unBrewstering of the program continues. I love these uniforms, particularly the maroon tops. Simple and elegant, effective. It doesn't have any stupid piping or other garbage that make no sense to be on a Minnesota uniform.

A basic look yet still modern and edgy. The jerseys resemble Kill very much. Classic yet hard-nosed, and nothing over the top. I kind of knew that Kill wouldn't want the jerseys to be Oregon/Marylandish.

Ehh. I like some combos, dislike others. Overall, I don't dislike them, but they certainly don't blow me away. I don't like any combo of maroon/white. I think Olson (maroon jersey, white pants), Rabe (white jersey, maroon pants), and Rallis (gold jersey, white pants) all look lousy.

That said, I really like the white jersey-gold pants and maroon jersey-gold pants (a la Mason) look sharp, and I like the gold-maroon and all maroon looks.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed. Can't stand the "Minnesota" on the back of the gold jerseys. The last team I saw with team names on the back was a junior high soccer team. I think it looks juvenile and ugly. I think the numbers on the back are way to big and bulky, but I do like the font.

I like clean and simple unis. These just are a little off the mark for me. I think they'll be more striking in action with a helmet, so I'm hoping and expecting that I'll like them more on gamedays.

So where is Formo or some of the others on Gopherhole that were part of the early viewing uniform deal. What - did they tell them to stay away from us until 4:00?

lol Sorry. I had work this AM, then a Doctor appointment at noon.. Ate my lunch and then headed to GoldenValley to pick up my wife (who was my +1 to the event) and dragged arse down to TheBank through some wicked traffic. I literally had NO time to hit up GH.com. I'll start posting my pics soon.. although they probably aren't all that much better than the ones you all have certainly seen by now.

Ehh. I like some combos, dislike others. Overall, I don't dislike them, but they certainly don't blow me away. I don't like any combo of maroon/white. I think Olson (maroon jersey, white pants), Rabe (white jersey, maroon pants), and Rallis (gold jersey, white pants) all look lousy.

That said, I really like the white jersey-gold pants and maroon jersey-gold pants (a la Mason) look sharp, and I like the gold-maroon and all maroon looks.

Overall, I'm a little disappointed. Can't stand the "Minnesota" on the back of the gold jerseys. The last team I saw with team names on the back was a junior high soccer team. I think it looks juvenile and ugly. I think the numbers on the back are way to big and bulky, but I do like the font.

I like clean and simple unis. These just are a little off the mark for me. I think they'll be more striking in action with a helmet, so I'm hoping and expecting that I'll like them more on gamedays.

Or you know..two little squads like Army and Navy did it, but those juvenile punks don't know what they are doing....

new poster

Better:

fb-uniforms-1-1900.jpg

Numbers and logos are stitched on instead of "ironed on". Font was based on the #4 from the 1960 jerseys. Much nicer in person. Ben Perry was really fun to talk to, and is much bigger than last season. Mike Rallis's biceps are the size of my thighs. I think MarQueis grew another inch.

My opinion: I like them. A lot. I've always liked the Mason era jerseys, but was certainly excited about Brews (prior to that unveiling) because I hated Mase's maroon. Brew fixed the M on the helmets and the tone of maroon (ok, I know HE didn't but his uniforms did). I liked the 'Minnesota' across the chest and would have been happy with that staying.. But the piping was already getting dated and while I liked the piping the first 2 years of the uniforms, I was ready to ditch them.

I have one gripe, and it's minor.. The tone of gold of the gold jerseys NEEDS to be darker instead of 'Maize'. I was hoping for a duller, almost browner, gold tint (like the 1961 throwbacks we wore in Mase's last year or two). And now that I'm looking at photos of them at home and not in person.. Those numbers are HUGE. I'm not sure if it's because we are so used to the tiny numbers we've had or what.. But damn! lol

Also have to add that Grimm (who was hosting the event) talked about the number size and how he personally really liked the new ones. He commented that while the old jerseys were great, their numbers were much smaller than most other jerseys (which was my biggest gripe about the Brew jerseys) and harder to read when calling games. He said that with the new uniforms he looks forward to actually being able to make out the numbers this time.

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

Formo said:
My opinion: I like them. A lot. I've always liked the Mason era jerseys, but was certainly excited about Brews (prior to that unveiling) because I hated Mase's maroon. Brew fixed the M on the helmets and the tone of maroon (ok, I know HE didn't but his uniforms did). I liked the 'Minnesota' across the chest and would have been happy with that staying.. But the piping was already getting dated and while I liked the piping the first 2 years of the uniforms, I was ready to ditch them.

I have one gripe, and it's minor.. The tone of gold of the gold jerseys NEEDS to be darker instead of 'Maize'. I was hoping for a duller, almost browner, gold tint (like the 1961 throwbacks we wore in Mase's last year or two). And now that I'm looking at photos of them at home and not in person.. Those numbers are HUGE. I'm not sure if it's because we are so used to the tiny numbers we've had or what.. But damn! lol

Also have to add that Grimm (who was hosting the event) talked about the number size and how he personally really liked the new ones. He commented that while the old jerseys were great, their numbers were much smaller than most other jerseys (which was my biggest gripe about the Brew jerseys) and harder to read when calling games. He said that with the new uniforms he looks forward to actually being able to make out the numbers this time.

I was thinking Sid must have had a say in the number size sitting up in the press box.

I was there, thanks to a friend. Personally, my favorite combo is the maroon on maroon. With the maroon helmets, and dark shields, that is going to look very solid. My pal liked the yellow tops, maroon pants. M Gray's fav is the white on white.

Again, I thought maroon on maroon looked the best, especially with the helmets, and with black shoes - that will be pimp.

Only combination I don't like is white top gold pants. I think these go really well with helmet as well. Simple and clean. I think a lot of people on here should be satisfied with those big numbers, almost exactly what you guys were asking for.

White on white looks awesome in the video that's been posted. My least favorite combo is the maroon jersey white pants. I think the simple design with the black accents looks mean.

Better:

fb-uniforms-1-1900.jpg

Numbers and logos are stitched on instead of "ironed on". Font was based on the #4 from the 1960 jerseys. Much nicer in person. Ben Perry was really fun to talk to, and is much bigger than last season. Mike Rallis's biceps are the size of my thighs. I think MarQueis grew another inch.

Is it just me, or does MarQueis look absolutely ripped?

I just watched Inception and I'm a little freaked out that someone extracted these jerseys from my brain. They are PERFECT (well, except for the brick pattern, but it's understated, so it's okay).

I just watched Inception and I'm a little freaked out that someone extracted these jerseys from my brain. They are PERFECT (well, except for the brick pattern, but it's understated, so it's okay).

Maybe they inserted their own design deep enough in your mind so that you would THINK these were the jerseys from your brain ;)

Like the gold top\maroon pants but favorite is the all white. I know it's not school colors but it really makes that nice new maroon helmet pop!

Like the gold top\maroon pants but favorite is the all white. I know it's not school colors but it really makes that nice new maroon helmet pop!

Precisely. I think the school color thing is kind of important.

All in all quite good. Glad the piping is gone. The numbers on the shoulder are redundant. Would prefer MN patch on shoulder.

All in all pretty much what I hoped for. U of M maintains some class and does not fall for the 'fad of the week'.

Oh yeah, the players seem to like them also. Sounds like a pretty good combo.

As someone who spends a whole lot of time in a press box (albeit not for football), I agree completely with Grimm - the larger numbers are a huge help (and I'm barely into my 30's). That was actually one of the first things I thought about when I saw the pictures.

Top Bottom