All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

solid white and solid maroon are my 2 favorites.. i am not a fan of the white pants with the maroon or gold tops...

The only thing I don't like is the way they have Minnesota on the back.

It's like MInnESOTA

GoldenHerbs said:
Theyre ok, dont like the color around the neck though.

That's my $.02. I think the best part of the new unis is the helmet. I like the white jerseys a lot. I think I'll get used to the big numbers. I don't like the neck trim on the gold especially and on the white too.

I think the question to ask yourself is, "if Jerry Kill and his team were to rip off 12 seasons averaging 9 wins a year and getting into the Rose Bowl a couple of times, would you be ok with these unis becoming an iconic, permanent uniform?"

My answer is an unequivocal yes.

Good riddance to the piping - yuck.

The only thing I don't like is the way they have Minnesota on the back.

It's like MInnESOTA
The font is the only thing about the unis that sucks. It works well on the Ski-U-Mah and the numbers are fine, but the new wordmark and MINNESOTA look like a Jr. High font project.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but I do like the "M" on the right hip. Of course, there has to be a swoosh on the other side.

Or you know..two little squads like Army and Navy did it, but those juvenile punks don't know what they are doing....

Or you know... I'm commenting on a uniform feature, not on the character of the people who wear the uniforms. Nice jump in logic you've made there. Every player at Alabama and PSU must enjoy a simple and plain life, because uniforms reflect personality, huh? Nobody at USC has ever had an ego, because they don't have names on the back of their uniforms, right?

Or you know... I'm commenting on a uniform feature, not on the character of the people who wear the uniforms. Nice jump in logic you've made there. Every player at Alabama and PSU must enjoy a simple and plain life, because uniforms reflect personality, huh? Nobody at USC has ever had an ego, because they don't have names on the back of their uniforms, right?
USC players aren't paid to have egos.

I love these!

All I asked for was LARGE numbers and no piping and I got everything I could ask for. Very solid design by Nike. I'm especially a fan of the white jerseys with gold pants and maroon jerseys with white pants.

I see there is no gold/gold combo so 8 possible combos. Nice!

Ive had a change of heart after seeing the close ups and how they look with the helmet, I can say that they are sick. At first I didnt like the color around the neck but once I saw the pics with the helmets on it looked real sharp together. I do think the numbers on the back look just a little too big though, but whatever.

Ive had a change of heart after seeing the close ups and how they look with the helmet, I can say that they are sick. At first I didnt like the color around the neck but once I saw the pics with the helmets on it looked real sharp together. I do think the numbers on the back look just a little too big though, but whatever.

The numbers on the back and maybe a little with the way the font makes the #'s 2, 5, & 6 look odd are the only issues I would have with these uni's. I really like how they look from the front, on the back however it seems like the numbers could be dialed back a little in size to make them fit the jersey a little better. Other then that pretty much what I expected, simple and straightforward, Kill never struck me as someone that would go for a flashy look.

Tim Riggins said:
Why isn't gold possible? They may not wear it but it's still possible!
No black in uniform just as you said. You da man - Know more then we do.

The helmet puts it all together IMO

I really like the new uniforms. I think they mix historic elements (the brick pattern from Memorial and the number font from the 1940 championship team) but with a new age design. I was very concerned when I heard we were getting new uniforms...I kept picturing those Maryland uniforms. I am glad they kept the basic design simple.

The more I look at them the more I liked them. Never liked the piping and numbering on old unis.

Really like them and they did a good job. i was really afraid they were going to mess this up and they didn't. Eliminating the piping is a huge improvement. They only thing I would like them to add is a couple of helmet options. Maroon, Gold and White. Baylor has green, gold and white helmets. Okie State has Black, White and gray helmets. Adding some helmet options would be totally bad@ss in IMO.

Overall, good job however.

LOVE that the numbers are not outlined in white. Straight gold on maroon looks awesome.
The only time I want to see all white is if we play at Iowa during one of their blackouts.

LOVE that the numbers are not outlined in white. Straight gold on maroon looks awesome.
The only time I want to see all white is if we play at Iowa during one of their blackouts.

A battle of good vs. evil.

After sleeping on it, my only real complaint is the numbers on the back of the jersey are too big.

As for color combo's, anything with maroon on top looks good (really taking a liking to the maroon/white throwback look). For gold alt's, gotta be maroon pants. On the road, maroon pants or I suppose white on occasion -- but no white on gold.

Anyone have any pics with helmets on? That changes the look a lot, and as someone previously said -- maroon/maroon looks sick!

I like the new unis a lot, but I'm old school. My question is how well they will play to the current generation of football players who go Lady Gaga over the unis of Oregon and Maryland.

While the numbers on the back are big, I thought the old uni's were too small and tough to read. And I've had lasik so it shouldn't be that difficult.

And after looking at all of the pics on gophersports.com, I'm love 'em. Could they be better? Sure but an overall good job with a throwback/classic look I like. As Coach Kill would, they "stroked the post"!

I like that blog and read it often, but their critiques of new designs are 80% negative, probably 95% negative when they are by Nike.

Yup. But I found it interesting that they didn't COMPLETELY trash the new uniforms.. even praised some aspects (praised in their relative way).

So...does anyone know when and where we can buy these sexy jerseys? I would love to sport the Gold in the stands in Vegas Sept 1.

So...does anyone know when and where we can buy these sexy jerseys? I would love to sport the Gold in the stands in Vegas Sept 1.

are colleges not allowed to sell authentic jerseys? it seems like all you can find in stores are the crappy screen print ones. I would love to buy one of these.

are colleges not allowed to sell authentic jerseys? it seems like all you can find in stores are the crappy screen print ones. I would love to buy one of these.

I wouldn't mind a crappy screen printed replica if it was actually a replica of the jerseys that they wear. I hated the Mason era replicas because Nike felt for some reason that dropping the "M" on the collar was a good idea, which meant you were left with basically a plain maroon jersey with gold numbers with no Minnesota identifiers on it. When I lived in Texas I was once asked by someone while wearing my #22 if it was an Arizona State jersey.

No word yet on when we can buy these.. but it sounds like the U will be able to sell these replicas. I'll take a screen printed one, I don't care... I just want one of these bad boys.

Top Bottom