All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

I'm hoping to see the white tops and gold pants on more road games next year.

Sweet i like the jerseys alot!! Stodermire looks huge!!

I'm not sure if this was ever said, but are they still having another special uniform for a game? I thought I read that somewhere.
Pretty sure those are the yellow tops with "Minnesota" on the back. At least, that's what the behind the scenes video made it sound like.

If you read the behind the design on Gopher Sports the Minnesota on Gold is for special games ie homecoming or trophy games the seniors want to wear them. The Minnesota is for one team and no individuals so I kinda like it.

Alright, they're actually already growing on me.....they just look straight up clean. Modern, but still clean. Unlike our last uniforms, they won't get outdated for a LONG time.

Agreed. The more I see them, the more I like them. Clean and modern. They will look good next fall. Someone else mentioned that these will be jerseys that could 'potentially' be around for a while unlike the last set. I agree.

First glance didn't blow me away. Probably due to build up. Upon further exam
I really like these uniforms. Clean, large throw back numbers on the back will look great especially when the team takes the field. Closer to Mason's unis which I like. VERY relieved that they didn't do something funky. I always said if they can't do bold stripes then I don't want stripes at all.

Haven't decided which combination I like best. Overall I would grade the new unis as a B+. Haven't bought a Gopher jersey since my Marion Barber 21. I will be buying the new jersey.

Anyone else kinda wish that our gold uniforms were the same gold as the lettering on the maroon jerseys?

Count me in as a huge fan.

The only thing I'd like to see would have been more of an Oregon/Maryland (tasteful, obviously) design to the special gold jerseys. Would have added a bit of excitement to them and some more buzz throughout.

But overall I really like the "everyday" jerseys.

I like 'em a lot. Not sure what people were expecting exactly, but simple, clean, modern but based on history and tradition works for me. Also, no black jersey which is automatic win.

I was really nervous about how these would turn out and I am pleasantly surprised. I really like these a lot. A classic look with a modern touch. Nice work.

I actually like about half of the color combinations but the yellow tops give the appearance of a bad fit. My biggest complaint is that the numbers look absolutely horrid and overshadow any other positive aspect. Are you kidding me? I don't know that when it comes to numbers you would call it a 'font' but I am beside myself here trying to figure out what they were thinking. The numbers almost look backwards or it some cases, closer to resembling letters than numbers. Months of anticipation for this? Good grief.

What...the...hell....?

They put all of that into the unveiling, for uniforms that look almost exactly the same as the ones we already use....

Yep, it's a recruiting deal. And something tells me recruits will pick up on all the little details the rest of us are overlooking as we say "same old".

Homerun imo, the maroon jersey is just terrific. The unique unoutlined yellow font against maroon is top notch. It looks like the maroon is a bit lighter than the Brewster era jerseys but not as light as the Mason era...which equals perfection.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the "MINNESOTA" as the last name on some of the jerseys. Looks like some have last names & another "combo" has Minnesota. I'd rather have last names or nothing.
As mentioned elsewhere, last names are only on the gold uni's.

Those are absolutely Pro Combat unis. You can tell by the style, fabric and patterns.

Star trib article: http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/137786843.html\

more brick on the back of the legs.

Pro Combat unis are still the "one game only" uniforms. These uniforms just incorporate a bunch of the new design elements that Nike has used in previous Pro Combat releases. You won't see them listed as Pro Combat.

Also gone unsaid is the block M is back at the base of the neck like the mason years.

Pro Combat unis are still the "one game only" uniforms. These uniforms just incorporate a bunch of the new design elements that Nike has used in previous Pro Combat releases. You won't see them listed as Pro Combat.

I thought it was a "pro combat line" like the Nike "system of dress" line that is used throughout college basketball. I may be mistaken, however.

Edit: also Rittenberg's writeup : http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/44095/minnesota-unveils-new-uniforms

Like most, I love the look. Classic with some modern mixed in.

I'm shocked...

They're actually good. A simple, clean old-school look befitting a Big Ten team. No fluff. No black alternate. No goofy side panels or piping.

Well done.

I actually like about half of the color combinations but the yellow tops give the appearance of a bad fit. My biggest complaint is that the numbers look absolutely horrid and overshadow any other positive aspect. Are you kidding me? I don't know that when it comes to numbers you would call it a 'font' but I am beside myself here trying to figure out what they were thinking. The numbers almost look backwards or it some cases, closer to resembling letters than numbers. Months of anticipation for this? Good grief.

I guess the numbers were fashioned off the 1940 national championship team.

As mentioned elsewhere, last names are only on the gold uni's.

If I remember correctly, 2 jersey colors (maroon and white) will have last names on the back while 1 (Gold I think) would have Minnesota on all jerseys. Gold jerseys are reserved for special occassions.

The font used is the same as during the Warmath era (I think). They looked at the history and used Bierman, Warmath and Kill to model things after. The similarities being that all 3 were working class, blue color type. And builing a program brick by brick is where Kill comes in. The actually used the brick pattern from the arch that used to be at Memorial which now resides in the Alumni Center.

I thought it was a "pro combat line" like the Nike "system of dress" line that is used throughout college basketball. I may be mistaken, however.
No, you're correct. I'm just so used to Pro Combat being used synonymously with the one time uni's that I forgot the whole new "line" of uniforms are technically Pro Combat. My bad!

If I remember correctly, 2 jersey colors (maroon and white) will have last names on the back while 1 (Gold I think) would have Minnesota on all jerseys. Gold jerseys are reserved for special occassions.
Yeah, I meant to say Minnesota there. I am full of fail.

I was skeptical, but I really like most of them. The helmets are my favorite part, but I like most of the combos. I do not like the brick pattern on the maroon numbers though-looks odd combined with the sleekness of the rest. I know most knew what to expect from teaser pics, but I am so used to being disappointed that I still was half expecting clown costumes. These are pretty sweet.

These new look uniforms will look even better in HD! Go Gophers!

Man, I hate road uniforms so much. White and maroon looks like crap, and the collar does nothing to help with these new jerseys. I wish we could use the gold top for away games. Would that be allowable per NCAA rules?

That being said, the classic maroon top and gold pants look spectacular, and I've been a complete sucker for the gold top/maroon pant combo since they used it against Cal. Love how they put "Minnesota" instead of a name.

Only gripe about the new jerseys: the numbers are MASSIVE. The number 5 looks goofy in the new font, too. I like the home setup. The away setup has always sucked, no matter what the jersey. Solid B.

Top Bottom