All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

Black Facemask = Epic Fail IMO. I have now gone from excited to disappointed. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible.

I honestly don't understand why everyone hated the white helmets. To be honest, I thought that road whites with the white helmet looked better than they do with maroon.

I am in favor of white helmets, but I thought they looked horrible with the maroon facemask. Need to go with the gray facemask if you are going to have a white helmet, but the point is moot now.

Stan The Caddy said:
Black Facemask = Epic Fail IMO. I have now gone from excited to disappointed. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible.

Totally disagree - I like the black facemask against the maroon.

the black facemask will be fine!

my guess is with the matte finish on the helmet they probably couldn't do the same effect on a narrow metal bar and make it look decent, the black will hardly be noticeable during game play. My question is where is the the ski-u-mah, where is the M, and where is the numbers. Does this mean that there is a number on one side and the M on the other?

It seems like at this point we know what it is going to look like tomorrow. Matte Maroon with Black Facemasks. A small Block M on the front, above the facemask with either U-M or SKI-U-MAH on the back of the helmet and finally a Block M on the side of the helmet with possibly numbers on the other side. The only mystery that seems to remain is where the numbers are going on the helmet. Either on one side or small on the back above the U-M or SKI-U-MAH.

Totally disagree - I like the black facemask against the maroon.

My fear is that with the black facemasks there will be other black accent trim in the uniform. If that is the case I will really not be happy.

:confused:

Perhaps someday, college football teams will abandon school colors all together, and both teams will wear all black uniforms at all times. That will even-out the recruiting of very shallow prospects.

I love everything so far, including the black facemask. Adding black as an accent color can help make the helmets/uniforms a little more sharp. Just ask the GopherHole designers, the new layout has a lot of black, maybe they had some inside info on the new uniforms.;)

The Chargers appear to have a black facemask. If I wasn't looking for it, I never would have noticed.

Breakin' The Plane said:
The Chargers appear to have a black facemask. If I wasn't looking for it, I never would have noticed.

Ahhhhhh good eye!!

The Chargers facemask is navy blue. The navy blue is the same color navy that is an accent color in the chargers uniforms and matches the color of their normal home jerseys. It certainly is not black.

I like black and hope their is some black in the uniform. Clearly that puts me in the minority of posters in this thread.

It seems like at this point we know what it is going to look like tomorrow. Matte Maroon with Black Facemasks. A small Block M on the front, above the facemask with either U-M or SKI-U-MAH on the back of the helmet and finally a Block M on the side of the helmet with possibly numbers on the other side. The only mystery that seems to remain is where the numbers are going on the helmet. Either on one side or small on the back above the U-M or SKI-U-MAH.

I watched the video again and did a "print screen" capture: http://ScrnSht.com/yhrbrq

What is that white thing on the right side of the helmet??

I like black anywhere but on the jerseys, pants, or helmet (not counting the mask). I think it looks great on shoes, socks, gloves, mask, etc. I'll only be bummed if it is in the uni or used as an outline in the logo or on numbers, etc.

It's just an accent color. Seriously, people need to loosen up their britches...

If it's trendy and looks cool, that's what's going to get people talking (especially the younger generation, whether people like it or not---it's reality.)

That's exactly what the marketing of any product is all about. Generate a buzz. Even though, people "dislike" what Oregon has done, there was some big time thinking ahead of time by the marketing staff at NIKE. They do know what they are doing. Unfortunately, we are on not on the leading edge of this trend, but it's always good to change up the pace.

I watched the video again and did a "print screen" capture: http://ScrnSht.com/yhrbrq

What is that white thing on the right side of the helmet??

It's a hole that allows you to hand pump air into the helmet pads and makes it tighter to your head. I always had mine really snug.

cp-1066395_x.jpg

When considering whether I'd like to see a lot of black I think of the gates at TCF, black with block M's on them. I'm not keen on a lot of black, but at the end of the day I don't really care. I'm for doing anything that's legal to make this team better.

I beg to differ.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_Chargers
http://www.chargers.com/team/history/uniforms.html

In March 2007, the Chargers unveiled their first uniform redesign since 1988, on the team's official website. The team formally unveiled this new uniform set, which mixes old and new styles, in a private team-only event. Navy blue remains the primary color on the home jersey, but the familiar lightning bolt was reverted to gold, and now has navy outlining and Collegiate (powder) blue interior trim. The latter color is a nod to the 1960s uniforms. The redesigned lightning bolt was moved to the sides of the shoulders from the top, and includes a new numbering font and word mark in white, with gold outlining and powder blue interior trim. The pants also have a redesigned lightning bolt in gold, with powder blue trim on a navy stripe. Additionally, the team pays tribute to other uniform features from their history by wearing a metallic white helmet, with a navy face mask, the newly revamped bolt in gold with navy and powder blue trim, and white pants. The road white jerseys with navy pants, as well as the alternate powder blue jerseys with white pants, were also redesigned with the new scheme. The Chargers wear their white jerseys for the first few home games in the first half of the season.

chargers face mask certainly looks black

also like the black accents on the helmet. Have to really get close in order to see them.

I hope they have a full decription with the unveiling later today. The facemask looks black from the picture yesterday, but it could also be a really deep/dark maroon.

Top Bottom