All Things New Gopher Uniforms/Helmets Thread: UPDATED 1/20 with New Uniforms!!!

It seems like they tried to recreate the moment to me.

badgergopher said:
They didn't look as excited as the Ohio kids. Hope they didn't screw this up...

Anyone notice the bald guy in the back (not sure who that is) - He's looking at the helmet like...what the #@$!

Uniform tweaks...
I wouldn't expect extremely radical changes in the look.

So far it looks like essentially the exact same helmet, other than changes in paint and forehead/back of the neck text. This is why the players were just like "whatever". I'm sure those who don't read this thread won't notice the change come next year.

Now the jerseys, they could be interesting.

They didn't look as excited as the Ohio kids. Hope they didn't screw this up...

For a few reasons. First, for many years, the Ohio kids were asking for a black jersey/uniform. They continued asking their coaches about them. Second, they snuck the reveal video into the end of a video session, catching them completely off guard.

The two scenarios between Minnesota and Ohio are completely different.

So far it looks like essentially the exact same helmet, other than changes in paint and forehead/back of the neck text. This is why the players were just like "whatever". I'm sure those who don't read this thread won't notice the change come next year.

Now the jerseys, they could be interesting.

The matte look is a great upgrade from the glitter look, I am hoping for three gold stripes down the center of the helmet to match Goldy.

really hoping they go with gray face bars like they had on the helmets for a long time. not a fan of monochromatic helmet and face bars on football helmets. too much purple with the vikings look. too much maroon with the gophers. move to either gray or gold face bars.............please!

Number on one side, M on the other?

I wouldn't mind that at all, although if they wanted to do the asymmetrical thing, personally I'd go the Pittsburgh route and put the M on one side and nothing on the other. That would look sharp with the matte maroon. And it's unfortunate if they're going with black facemasks; I always thought gold would look nice.

Not a recruit. I'd be highly disappointed with black face masks, our school colors are maroon and gold.

really hoping they go with gray face bars like they had on the helmets for a long time. not a fan of monochromatic helmet and face bars on football helmets. too much purple with the vikings look. too much maroon with the gophers. move to either gray or gold face bars.............please!

They used up all the gray paint on TCF and the Barn.

My sources (this is real):

-BIGGER numbers
-3 different versions of the new uni (home/away/alternate)
-a tribute to the old stadium, not the dome. (patch)

My sources (this is real):

-BIGGER numbers
-3 different versions of the new uni (home/away/alternate)
-a tribute to the old stadium, not the dome. (patch)

Brick house patch? That would be sweet. I always wanted TCF to take back the brick house nickname.

The matte look is a great upgrade from the glitter look, I am hoping for three gold stripes down the center of the helmet to match Goldy.

In the video, you can see the top of the helmet and there are no stripes.

From a source, the helmets have black face masks now

Maroon with black masks? That's ridiculous. Almost as bad as the white helmets. Also reminds me of the Casey Hankinson jersey of old.

Maroon with black masks? That's ridiculous. Almost as bad as the white helmets. Also reminds me of the Casey Hankinson jersey of old.

White helmets are actually a nod to our past. Black facemasks are far more ridiculous than the white helms.

I honestly don't understand why everyone hated the white helmets. To be honest, I thought that road whites with the white helmet looked better than they do with maroon.

Last Clue:
405043_10150473788887943_6129582942_8667457_870634960_n.jpg

Looking at the ASU helmets, the black facemask really doesn't look too bad.

Vintage gray facemasks can only be pulled off by very few retro/original uniforms. They have to be the cream of the proverbial crop to look decent, otherwise they look really strange and dated.

IMHO, any dark color that doesn't deter from the overall uniform, is the best design, for facemasks.

We'll see what it looks like tomorrow, but I have liked everything so far.

thought it would look horrible...

...but it doesn't.

Not really traditional unless we goare numbers on theto helmet. They are no worse than back shoes and socks.

The white helmet I hated...needed maroon and fold stripes and we would have had something.

Still waiting for the all gold like bruce smith used to wear.

GM

Top Bottom