All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

I get it, and it's tiring. But watching Sabonis complaining last night about nearly every single call got me thinking, how many NBA stars don't complain constantly. It's a really short list.
Not many. I think Doncic and Embiid are the worst. Conley, who isn't really a star anymore, probably whines the least. The wolves, as a team, have a reputation for complaining the most.

I would like to personally apologize to the Timberwolves. You have proved me wrong and have made the spring way more enjoyable.

I would also accept praise for motivating them with this post. Without the pessimism there is no way they would be where they are.
I was basically as pessimistic as you were. It feels great to be wrong (so far).

piggy-backing on above post - saw a tweet from Darren Rovell ( a sports business reporter) -

quoting "Sources say A-Rod has put in north of $200Mill, which would be the largest cash outlay in a team by a former athlete (surpassing Michael Jordan).

Durant is suppose to play tonight for Phoenix, but the Suns are being very vague about whether he will or not.

Minnesota Timberwolves

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Jaylen NowellSGMar 28Day-To-DayNowell (left knee tendinopathy) is questionable for Wednesday's game against the Suns.
Matt RyanFMar 28OutRyan (illness) won't play in Wednesday's game versus the Suns.
Anthony EdwardsSGMar 28Day-To-DayEdwards is probable for Wednesday's game versus the Suns due to a right calf strain.
Taurean PrincePFMar 28Day-To-DayPrince (illness) is questionable for Wednesday against the Suns.
Karl-Anthony TownsCMar 28Day-To-DayTowns (calf) is probable for Wednesday against the Suns.

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Kevin DurantPFMar 28OutDurant (ankle) is questionable for Wednesday's game versus the Timberwolves, Gerald Bourguet of GoPHNX.com reports.

The Wild and the Wolves will both be available nationally tonight. The Wild will be in Colorado and on TNT. The Wolves will be out in Phoenix and on ESPN.

Of course they'll both be on at 9:00. :giggle:

He's far from wrong overall...a lot of his screening fouls last night were pretty blatant fouls though...but overall when Booker goes to the basket and a piece of cloth from a jersey touches him he gets a foul called. For years Towns and Edwards just get molested at the basket and its completely clean.

Howl Wolves!!

Gobert is right. Last night the difference between the way they were calling things in the 1st Half vs. the 2nd was obvious.
He's far from wrong overall...a lot of his screening fouls last night were pretty blatant fouls though...but overall when Booker goes to the basket and a piece of cloth from a jersey touches him he gets a foul called. For years Towns and Edwards just get molested at the basket and its completely clean.

The Suns shot 27 free throws. Booker shot 15 of them. The Wolves as a team shot 12.

Wolves were up by three ate the half and lost 107-100.

Gobert is right. Last night the difference between the way they were calling things in the 1st Half vs. the 2nd was obvious.

The Suns shot 27 free throws. Booker shot 15 of them. The Wolves as a team shot 12.
and honestly i'm not upset that we shot 12...it's the 27 and how they were getting those 27. Little touch fouls all night.

and honestly i'm not upset that we shot 12...it's the 27 and how they were getting those 27. Little touch fouls all night.

Agree with that. Only would point out that Edwards, Conley, Towns, Anderson and Gobert combined, shot 7 free throws.

Agree with that. Only would point out that Edwards, Conley, Towns, Anderson and Gobert combined, shot 7 free throws.
What’s better for the nba? Phoenix with Durant, booker, and Paul or an embarrassment of an organization in flyover country.

Look at what happened to the lakers after that no call foul on Lebron against Boston. I believe they are shooting the a crazy amount of free throws since then. They also lead the league in free throws attempted.

I also don’t feel that complaining about officiating will help on the next game and how it’s officiated.

What’s better for the nba? Phoenix with Durant, booker, and Paul or an embarrassment of an organization in flyover country.

Look at what happened to the lakers after that no call foul on Lebron against Boston. I believe they are shooting the a crazy amount of free throws since then. They also lead the league in free throws attempted.

I also don’t feel that complaining about officiating will help on the next game and how it’s officiated.
It won't but after some of the documentaries where former ref's have spoken up about the NBA telling them who to officiate for I think its completely fine for players to voice frustration. Especially when it is blatantly obvious that the ref's are still working for certain teams.

I'm really pleased that Towns isn't whining and I hope it starts to pay off. I agree that Rudy's fouls were fouls. Like many people on here, I'm tired of seeing wolves players pounded on the way to the basket, not get the calls, while Booker, Morant, Embiid, Doncic, Paul, LeBron, et. al. are completely protected by the refs.

I'm really pleased that Towns isn't whining and I hope it starts to pay off. I agree that Rudy's fouls were fouls. Like many people on here, I'm tired of seeing wolves players pounded on the way to the basket, not get the calls, while Booker, Morant, Embiid, Doncic, Paul, LeBron, et. al. are completely protected by the refs.
The playoff series last year with Ja was just a joke.

It won't but after some of the documentaries where former ref's have spoken up about the NBA telling them who to officiate for I think its completely fine for players to voice frustration. Especially when it is blatantly obvious that the ref's are still working for certain teams.
Ain’t gonna change. People are watching and the games are exciting. Plus some of the refs are famous now. It’s no different than in baseball or football.

Yep. Whining may not work. Certainly seems that just shutting-up and taking it, the "Yes Sir! May I have another"approach doesn't work either. Their only chance is to keep shooting the lights out and not turning the ball over, will win them enough games that maybe, just maybe they will start to get their share of the calls against the favored teams.

As for Gobert last night? Agree that Rudy's fouls were nearly all fouls. The problem was he wasn't getting calls when they were beating him up under the basket.

Last edited:

The biggest problem will come Friday at home against the lakers. Will the Lakers get all the calls and shoot 50 free throws compared to the twolves 18? This is as close to a must win as you can have.

God forbid the ref is Ed Malloy Friday night. The twolves might as well not even take the court if that’s the case.

So your saying D Lo is better when he gets calls?

He doesn't shoot anymore free throws with the Lakers than he did with the Wolves.

DLo is a good player with the right mix of players. He wasn't a good fit next to Ant, or with Gobert.

Top Bottom