All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

Sometimes the truth doesn't set you free. Just gets you fined.

The NBA fined Timberwolves center Rudy Gobert $25,000 and coach Chris Finch $15,000 for criticizing the officiating following the team's loss Wednesday night in Phoenix.

The fines were announced by Joe Dumars, the NBA's head of basketball operations.

After the game Wednesday, Gobert said the Timberwolves were treated differently than star-filled NBA teams that played in major markets..

Sometimes the truth doesn't set you free. Just gets you fined.

The NBA fined Timberwolves center Rudy Gobert $25,000 and coach Chris Finch $15,000 for criticizing the officiating following the team's loss Wednesday night in Phoenix.

The fines were announced by Joe Dumars, the NBA's head of basketball operations.

After the game Wednesday, Gobert said the Timberwolves were treated differently than star-filled NBA teams that played in major markets..

As expected…I thought Rudy might get more given his history of talking about refs.

Connolly is a great fit- pass first PG and everyone seems happy,

My first game of the year and was interesting non PTI today it yesterday, how they said they were a first round nightmare matchup, FWIW.

Long live Tony Campbell!

Connolly is a great fit- pass first PG and everyone seems happy,

My first game of the year and was interesting non PTI today it yesterday, how they said they were a first round nightmare matchup, FWIW.

Long live Tony Campbell!
D Lo maybe the most over rated player Eva - he blow’s most of the time.

The tin man AD hurt again

Too many turnovers, bad shooting and too many free throws for the Lakers leads to a 123-111 loss for the Wolves.

No Reid and Anderson, Prince, Edwards and Towns all playing with an illness (see post #1,444) probably led to that godawful end of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarters, play by the Wolves.

Lakers scored 4 points with AD laying on the damn floor "injured" under the basket. Lakers kept playing, Wolves sat there assuming play would be stopped. And the run continued until the Lakers took the lead. Finch is a horseshit coach. His inability to stop a run is why they lost to Memphis last year, Connelly overreacted and thought he could fix the problem by improving rebounding and interior defense, so they sold the future for Rudy. The problem is still on the sidelines.

Lakers scored 4 points with AD laying on the damn floor "injured" under the basket. Lakers kept playing, Wolves sat there assuming play would be stopped. And the run continued until the Lakers took the lead. Finch is a horseshit coach. His inability to stop a run is why they lost to Memphis last year, Connelly overreacted and thought he could fix the problem by improving rebounding and interior defense, so they sold the future for Rudy. The problem is still on the sidelines.
Yep. That was the beginning of the end. Very Pitino-like coaching there.

Finch also runs zero sets for his star players. Sets are very useful when the team goes cold like Friday night

look like the Wolves are most likely going to finish in 9th or 10th place. so, most likely, they will play the 9 vs 10 game against OKC. Wolves host if they're in 9th place or go on the road if they finish 10th.

If they go 1-and-done in the playoffs, that is not going to look good. I don't see any way that Finch gets fired, but it does turn up the heat for next season.

look like the Wolves are most likely going to finish in 9th or 10th place. so, most likely, they will play the 9 vs 10 game against OKC. Wolves host if they're in 9th place or go on the road if they finish 10th.

If they go 1-and-done in the playoffs, that is not going to look good. I don't see any way that Finch gets fired, but it does turn up the heat for next season.
I wish there was a way they could totally miss the playoffs. Now that would turn up the heat.

They just lost to a G league team as 17 point favorites at home.

Blow this shit up.

Their foot speed is nowhere to be found. They have one person who can get his shot when the game tightens, and he plays like an idiot for long stretches of the game.

Towns will be gone. I'd look to trade more. What is McDaniels worth?

Their constant inability to show up against bad teams should absolutely reflect poorly on the coach. Too many times they mess around with terrible teams that just want any reason to stop competing and the twolves won’t let them. I think they are .500 this year against teams with under .500 records.

Just read that this was the largest against the spread loss in the NBA since 1995? Makes it that much worse that this wasn't a throw away mid season game.

Finch has to go after yesterday's debacle. There's just zero excuse for it, and it has been a reoccurring theme since he has become the head coach.

Finch has to go after yesterday's debacle. There's just zero excuse for it, and it has been a reoccurring theme since he has become the head coach.

Yea, with a new GM, new ownership-ish, the results against mediocre teams, etc., I see no way he's our coach in two weeks.

Howl Wolves!!

They just signed Finch to a multi-year contract in April of 2022. They are not going to pay him millions of dollars to not coach.

Ultimately the losses are on the players. If you think you are so good that you don’t have to show up and compete against an inferior opponent that’s on you. A coach should not have to tell a player being paid ten is millions of dollars that it’s a good idea to try hard.

Their constant inability to show up against bad teams should absolutely reflect poorly on the coach. Too many times they mess around with terrible teams that just want any reason to stop competing and the twolves won’t let them. I think they are .500 this year against teams with under .500 records.
#1 NBA coaching quality is to get your players to play hard every game in a grinding season.

Finchy appears to be a top assistant at best

Top Bottom