All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

Just read that this was the largest against the spread loss in the NBA since 1995? Makes it that much worse that this wasn't a throw away mid season game.
Minnesota sports. 1995? Impressive but has nothing on 0-18.

#1 NBA coaching quality is to get your players to play hard every game in a grinding season.

Finchy appears to be a top assistant at best
These are pros playing for contracts and to get into the playoffs.

If any of them need the coach to motivate them, get rid of every single one of them. That's why they are the losers that they are.

#1 NBA coaching quality is to get your players to play hard every game in a grinding season.

Finchy appears to be a top assistant at best
So a coach making a few million is supposed to inspire the loser KAT who’s earned $146million so far in his career and is scheduled to earn another $206million over the next 5 seasons? Give me a break. This team was gonna be a loser with KAT and now they are a double loser with KAT and Gobert.

Don’t worry though they only have $72million tied up in the center position for this year and another $77million next year. Plus they only have ANt for 2023-2024 before he’s a RFA, so better find some money somewhere.

Sounds like we don't need a coach anymore. NBA players just motivate and coach themselves.
Steph Curry and Michael Jordan needed their coaches to motivate them. That, I am sure of.

by the way, an unmotivated, lackluster wolves team should have beaten Portland easily yesterday. Don't think too hard on that.

We have slow feet. Towns needs to be traded for athleticism and someone who can put the ball on the floor.

Last edited:

Steph Curry and Michael Jordan needed their coaches to motivate them. That, I am sure of.

by the way, an unmotivated, lackluster wolves team should have beaten Portland easily yesterday. Don't think too hard on that.

We have slow feet. Towns needs to be traded for athleticism and someone who can put the ball on the floor.

I don't disagree with what you wrote, but I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic with your first line. Motivation is just a small part of coaching, and not every great player needs it, but some do.

Championships won without Phil Jackson:
Michael Jordan: 0
Kobe Bryant: 0

Championships won without Steve Kerr:
Steph Curry: 0

I don't disagree with what you wrote, but I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic with your first line. Motivation is just a small part of coaching, and not every great player needs it, but some do.

Championships won without Phil Jackson:
Michael Jordan: 0
Kobe Bryant: 0

Championships won without Steve Kerr:
Steph Curry: 0
they were all fierce competitors the second they entered the league. They all needed time to mature and get to championship level. I'm quite sure of Michael, Kobe and Curry winning multiple championships without Jackson or Kerr.

These wolves clowns have lost to the Portlands at least 7 times this year. Any team with heart would be pissed off about that many games ago. Not the wolves though. They need to be motivated. Good Grief!

they were all fierce competitors the second they entered the league. They all needed time to mature and get to championship level. I'm quite sure of Michael, Kobe and Curry winning multiple championships without Jackson or Kerr.

These wolves clowns have lost to the Portlands at least 7 times this year. Any team with heart would be pissed off about that many games ago. Not the wolves though. They need to be motivated. Good Grief!

I disagree. Coaching and leadership matters. A lot.

How do we know Finch is not motivating them?

Maybe this is who we are. We have extremely slow feet and few shot creators.

Because laying eggs against bad teams hasn't been just a one year thing. It has happened repeatedly since Finch has become the head coach, despite changing over a large chunk of the roster.

Because laying eggs against bad teams hasn't been just a one year thing. It has happened repeatedly since Finch has become the head coach, despite changing over a large chunk of the roster.
This team has been laying eggs against bad teams for 30 years. These clowns were lazy, and laying eggs with Thibs.

I'm at a loss.

Maybe towns is the problem with laying eggs against bad teams. He’s also been here since that became a common theme.

Towns is a problem, but he hasn't played in most of those games this season.
That might be part of the problem too…

I have no idea but even when they do the right thing it’s the wrong thing. Just when it looks like they are playing good ball they collapse and instead of being the 6 seed they are gonna be the 10 seed.

So a coach making a few million is supposed to inspire the loser KAT who’s earned $146million so far in his career and is scheduled to earn another $206million over the next 5 seasons? Give me a break. This team was gonna be a loser with KAT and now they are a double loser with KAT and Gobert.

Don’t worry though they only have $72million tied up in the center position for this year and another $77million next year. Plus they only have ANt for 2023-2024 before he’s a RFA, so better find some money somewhere.
It does appear that KANT is trying to not play to extend his career. He was a failure in college when couldn’t beat the Badgers. A real champ should have won that game going away.

I don't care if the Coach is a ventriloquist's dummy.

the players need to at least try to care. they're being paid a butt-load of money to play - and at least try to win - games.

to whatever extent Finch is part of the problem, the players are also part of the problem. I hoped things would get better with Conley replacing DLo, because I thought that would put another adult in the room. But apparently, that wasn't enough.

Tonight out in Brooklyn

Minnesota Timberwolves

NAME, POSSTATUSDATE
Naz Reid
C
OutMar 31
Karl-Anthony Towns
C
DoubtfulApr 3
Jaylen Nowell
SG
DoubtfulApr 3
Austin Rivers
SG
DoubtfulApr 3

i
Brooklyn Nets
No injured players

Last edited:

Nice to see them play hard.

By the way, Towns for Bridges this offseason!

Doesn't excuse Sunday, but looks like the flu is still making the rounds through the team. Off until Saturday to get healthy.

Wolves (40-40) beat the Nets (43-36) 107-102. Nets came in on a 3 game winning streak while the Wolves were on a 3 game losing streak.

All 5 Wolves starters were in double figures led by Edwards with 23 and Towns with 22. Towns also had 14 rebounds.

Pelicans lost so apparently if the Wolves can beat the Pelicans in the last game of the season, Wolves can still make the 7-8 play-in game instead of the 9-10 game.

Top Bottom