All Things Minnesota Timberwolves 2022-2023 In-Season Thread

There might have been more D played in the NBA all star game than this game right now

Wolves beat Knicks 140-134. Wolves had 7 players in double figures led by Prince who had 35. He also was 8-8(!) from 3.

Minnesota shot 64% from the field, 58% from 3 and 75% from the free throw line.

They are now 36-37and NY falls to 42-31

I thought Randle was going to put up 70 pts. I think he had 26 just in the 3rd quarter. But he went to the bench for a couple minutes and couldn't get back in the groove when he returned to the game.

to the Wolves' credit, that is the type of game they've been losing, but they were able to regroup and pull it out.

I thought Randle was going to put up 70 pts. I think he had 26 just in the 3rd quarter. But he went to the bench for a couple minutes and couldn't get back in the groove when he returned to the game.

to the Wolves' credit, that is the type of game they've been losing, but they were able to regroup and pull it out.
They tried to up six with the ball. Conley dribbles it right to the defense, then an and one. I thought here we go again! Anderson to the rescue!

I haven't been following Towns at all...has he been a full participant at practices? Or are they just going to let him go from no basketball for 5 months to starting?

I haven't been following Towns at all...has he been a full participant at practices? Or are they just going to let him go from no basketball for 5 months to starting?
Not a full participant, I don't think. He's been working in some capacity, both with the team and without since before the All-Star Break (if not longer). Which is a big part of the questions about when he's coming back.

Wolves host Atlanta tonight. Looks like KAT is gonna play.

i
Atlanta Hawks

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Dejounte MurraySGMar 21Day-To-Day
Jalen JohnsonSFMar 20OutJohnson will be re-evaluated in a week after he underwent an MRI on Monday and was diagnosed with a mild hamstring and groin strain, Lauren L. Williams of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Anthony EdwardsSGMar 21Day-To-DayEdwards (ankle) holds a questionable designation for Wednesday's game versus the Hawks.
Jaylen NowellSGMar 21Day-To-DayNowell (knee) is questionable for Wednesday's game against the Hawks.

Bogdanovic is now also questionable for Atlanta as is McLaughlin for the Wolves

Last edited:

Looks like Shams read the injury report.

Last edited:

Wolves host Atlanta tonight. Looks like KAT is gonna play.

i
Atlanta Hawks

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Dejounte MurraySGMar 21Day-To-Day
Jalen JohnsonSFMar 20OutJohnson will be re-evaluated in a week after he underwent an MRI on Monday and was diagnosed with a mild hamstring and groin strain, Lauren L. Williams of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

i
Minnesota Timberwolves

NAMEPOSDATESTATUSCOMMENT
Anthony EdwardsSGMar 21Day-To-DayEdwards (ankle) holds a questionable designation for Wednesday's game versus the Hawks.
Jaylen NowellSGMar 21Day-To-DayNowell (knee) is questionable for Wednesday's game against the Hawks.
Must win!

So, I saw an item - might have been in a tweet - where KAT was talking about his injury. according to what I read, KAT said that he was rehabbing and about 6 weeks after the initial injury, had "a major setback." sounds like he's saying he re-injured the calf and that is supposedly the reason why he wound up sitting out so long. the info also said it was a torn calf, not a strain.

and that may all be accurate. So why couldn't the team be honest with the fans about the situation?

So, I saw an item - might have been in a tweet - where KAT was talking about his injury. according to what I read, KAT said that he was rehabbing and about 6 weeks after the initial injury, had "a major setback." sounds like he's saying he re-injured the calf and that is supposedly the reason why he wound up sitting out so long. the info also said it was a torn calf, not a strain.

and that may all be accurate. So why couldn't the team be honest with the fans about the situation?
torn calf = strained calf.

I pulled my hammie once playing b-ball. I kept re-pulling it by coming back too soon. Doesnt surprise me it happened to KAT. Not sure why they were so secretive about it

Top Bottom