All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

So we thinking he doesn't announce, Kier does and then he can say "well I wanted to play their they said no" he doesn't look as bad and gets what he wants
No. If he says, "I wanted to play there but they said no," it will be easy to take him to task for it. Especially after tonight.

Just take kier tomorrow if he wants to come here. I want Walton but I want Kier if he wants be here and these guys gotta make their decisions

Walton isn't make or break. We've got a really nice roster right now and Kier helps support that

Not going to start this stupid argument again but yes it is. Letting your publicly announced decision day come and go without having a decision is inexplicable. Don’t set a date if you haven’t made a decision
I can agree with not setting a date. Not crazy that he's struggling.

Not going to start this stupid argument again but yes it is. Letting your publicly announced decision day come and go without having a decision is inexplicable. Don’t set a date if you haven’t made a decision
Don’t get that emotionally involved in a decision that has nothing to do with you then.

The best process would be to weigh the out-of-state schools against each other, pick one, and then weigh that school against the U. Maybe that's where he is stuck.

The best process would be to weigh the out-of-state schools against each other, pick one, and then weigh that school against the U. Maybe that's where he is stuck.
You've really gotta just make a decision at this point. It's not a great look if you're still having trouble deciding between schools. I hope the decision not being made today has something to do with outside circumstances. Kerwin just needs to make his decision and go with it no matter what it is. If it's NC, no problem.

We could use Kier and I'd like to have him tomorrow if he'll have us.

Don’t get that emotionally involved in a decision that has nothing to do with you then.
Not emotionally involved. He can do what he wants. If you’re offered a position and tell the employer you will decide within X time but that comes and goes without a decision, that reflects poorly on you

Don’t imply you have a decision If you haven’t made it as it has downstream effects on others

I assume pitino will call him tomorrow and say I need your decision by X time and then offer Krier or whomever is next

Not emotionally involved. He can do what he wants. If you’re offered a position and tell the employer you will decide within X time but that comes and goes without a decision, that reflects poorly on you

Don’t imply you have a decision If you haven’t made it as it has downstream effects on others
You’re correct, but it’s still upto Richard to pull the plug on it. If he wants to wait so be it,

We don't know what's driving the (in)decision. There could be a significant family conflict for all we know. He's young; these things happen. I am sure Pitino will be in contact with him and it will be resolved soon.

Sounds like other teams are trying to get involved last second. Obviously that is not good for us. I’m personally moving in, hopefully Pitino does too if he has a solid grad transfer like Kier. He’s put everything into this recruitment for years and could lose it to another team literally coming in last second with no relationship. What a gut punch to Pitino and the U.

If another team comes in and it causes a delay, I'd bail if I'm Pitino. C'mon if the kid is that wishy washy, he's incapable of making a decision and while he's a good prospect, he's not THAT good of a prospect. With the amount of transferring already going on, how do you ever trust a guy who is seemingly looking for every reason not to be here?

Basketball players are notoriously dramatic, but it's a college choice. It's a big decision. But it's one that everybody (that is interested in college) eventually has to make. Sack up and make a choice m'boy. $hit of get off the pot.

Sounds like other teams are trying to get involved last second. Obviously that is not good for us. I’m personally moving in, hopefully Pitino does too if he has a solid grad transfer like Kier. He’s put everything into this recruitment for years and could lose it to another team literally coming in last second with no relationship. What a gut punch to Pitino and the U.

Pretty disgusting if true. Time to move on.

Getting old fast. If indeed we have another option waiting take him. Unfortunately I’m not convinced that is the case. To me it feels disrespectful to the Gophers not that it matters how I see it. Maybe it will be Gophers even if we didn’t make the final list. ??

where did you hear other schools are getting involved?

Tough Decision Kerwin, You will not regret choosing the home town team and helping bring some glory to the basketball program and it will pay dividends while in school and after your Basketball career is over. This town is filled with college and pro athletes that took full advantage of the non sports career & business opportunities afforded by their time on the local team.

If you dream of playing for another school/coach or have a need for a ton of media attention then you should go - and good luck to you, seriously.

I can agree with not setting a date. Not crazy that he's struggling.
Setting a deadline allows programs to move on instead of just hanging. As Built has said, many programs take the first to commit and do not wait on a kid. But that doesn’t mean that teams don’t slow play some kids and put deadlines on others.

As for Walton, it is time to decide before there are no spots left.

Maybe he just didn't want to compete with the 13 Vikings draft picks and the 4 Gophers getting drafted. Maybe when he thought of a date he forgot about the NFL draft and felt by waiting a day it would be more respectful for Gopher football athletes and give Gopher basketball program more air time by waiting. One can hope.

Top Bottom