All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

Let the chips fall where they may

Former Santa Clara SG Trey Wertz (From the Charlotte area originally) is announcing Saturday and has UNC and Arizona in his 4 schools he’s picking from. Could impact Walton’s recruitment in one way or another.
Pretty heavy lean to ND right now but UNC is his dream school.

Figures.

He had a perfectly valid point ... just one slight mistake in that he isn't a one and done. But the rest of his point was perfectly valid.

So of course, you jump all over the slight mistake and pretend that invalidates the entire point. :rolleyes:

no. It wasn’t. Walton doesn’t have a team of handlers. His point is based on nothing. Walton was never serious about being a gopher is about as legit as me saying he has always dreamed of it. Neither is true.

I'm sure you're correct. I'm sure Sr. is not taking money, and not being an overly bearing influence on Kerwin.

I'm sure Kerwin is not taking money and does not want to take money.

You really think the Waltons are taking money? And you think other posters are insane? Jesus fucking Christ man

Great tradition and no homework - unc brings a lot to the table. As much the arrogance as the cheating with some of these coaches - I cant get past it. Wertz had a great offer list but has got it down to four. Suppose Walton is backup plan after Wertz, but perhaps Anthony will leave as well? All the moving parts probly makes it difficult for Walton to get a read. Would maybe help our case if he knew Robbins would be eligible, but even that is up in the air. Would be huge for Pitino in several different ways to get Walton, but I remember being so certain that the tea leaves were in our direction for Geno Crandall so just hard to get too confident about local guys.

What fun is that? Speculate, speculate, speculate. That is what msg boards are for
haha fair enough. Seems like arguments continue to repeat at this point. I'm outta this one until I get further news.

Lead in right there, Arizona and North Carolina both now have open roster spots. Green going pro at AZ.

Walton doesn’t have a team of handlers.
Maybe? Just because he isn't a blue chip/one and done, doesn't mean there aren't guys out there hoping to represent him as a pro in the future, and not paying him money under the table, but possibly seeking to influence his decision.

College basketball is very dirty, as proven. So nothing would surprise me, even on the clean end.

And again, his dad certainly influences him. The definition of "handler" is not completely rigid.

Walton was never serious about being a gopher is about as legit as me saying he has always dreamed of it.
But as you just said, you have no idea.

Maybe? Just because he isn't a blue chip/one and done, doesn't mean there aren't guys out there hoping to represent him as a pro in the future, and not paying him money under the table, but possibly seeking to influence his decision.

College basketball is very dirty, as proven. So nothing would surprise me, even on the clean end.

And again, his dad certainly influences him. The definition of "handler" is not completely rigid.

You do know there are people that simply will not cheat at anything right ?

You do know there are people that simply will not cheat at anything right ?
Cheating has no context outside a set of arbitrarily defined rules.

What you (bombastically) consider to be cheating, in the context of the NCAA's made up amateurism rules, is not considered cheating in any other major sports association in the world.

In fact, what you consider to be good, clean basketball here in the P6, would be considered cheating in DIII ! Why aren't you lambasting the U of MN for offering stipends, while the MIAC players are playing for the love of the game?

Last edited:

What you (bombastically) consider to be cheating, in the context of the NCAA's made up amateurism rules, is not considered cheating in any other major sports association in the world.
Spell out the ways the percieved clean programs are cheating. Start with our program, then UW. Coaches and players have the choice to not take money or pay money or have kids not attend class.Have you ever worked with D1 coaches or players. The players,families and coaches i know are thrilled with the awesome opportunities they get now and believe in rules. Every sports association in the world is different than each other in many ways in law and policy and practice. The high schools have different rules than the colleges, the colleges from the pro's, the colleges from each other. Have it however you want in your mind. Some schools cheat, some do not, some golfers cheat, some do not. some cheat on taxes, some on their wives, some do not. Colleges want a governing body.

Every sports association in the world is different than each other in many ways in law and policy and practice.
Except the one we're actually talking about, money.

Colleges want a governing body.
I never said they didn't, or shouldn't. Simply, the rules of said body should allow players to receive money without losing eligibility.

In fact, what you consider to be good, clean basketball here in the P6, would be considered cheating in DIII ! Why aren't you lambasting the U of MN for offering stipends, while the MIAC players are playing for the love of the game?
Blame D3 , it is not my problem. D3 athletes have far less demands. D1 athletes are often much further from home and can now afford to go to a family funeral without being in violation.

D1 athletes are often much further from home and can now afford to go to a family funeral without being in violation.
Meaning you approve of DI athletes getting paid. If it's "small enough", based on entirely arbitrary standards.

haha fair enough. Seems like arguments continue to repeat at this point. I'm outta this one until I get further news.

Lead in right there, Arizona and North Carolina both now have open roster spots. Green going pro at AZ.
Youll be back - they alway come back for more

Except the one we're actually talking about, money.

I never said they didn't, or shouldn't. Simply, the rules of said body should allow players to receive money without losing eligibility.
Go ahead and try and get it changed. It still does not mean every team does it, every coach cheats. Tons of players and families love that half million dollar scholarship. Malcom Brogdon said he felt like he got paid with that opportunity, thousands feel the same.

Meaning you approve of DI athletes getting paid. If it's "small enough", based on entirely arbitrary standards.
Now your speaking for me. I am for a super expensive scholarship and the hardship consideration for players and families, getting home for holidays etc.. It was not arbitrary, it was well thought out . Again, think what you want, have your fight, fight for the changes you want to see. I have my own.

You seem to be hanging your hat on phrases like "made up rules" and "arbitrary standards" like they are powerful hammer blows proving some critical point.

Every organization or club or league or governing body will have rules, and they will absolutely be arbitrary. So what? It's arbitrary that I can only drive 70 in Iowa but can drive 75 in Kansas. It's arbitrary that you can get married at 16 in Georgia but have to wait until 18 in Louisiana. It's arbitrary that in some high schools you can go to prom as a sophomore while other schools only allow juniors and seniors.

Rules are arbitrary. Obeying rules is mandatory without punishment. Feel free to put forth effort to change any rules you deem irregular. But until then, it seems ridiculous to rage against the existence of rules.

Now back to your regular Kerwin Walton channel.

Last edited:

Most Christian holidays are assigned arbitrary dates to align with Pagan holidays to help them gain popularity.

Jesus was born in the Spring/Summer and crucified in October.
That's true. In fact, the word Easter comes from the name of a pagan fertility goddess.

Dang it, this is still the Kerwin Walton channel. My bad.

Why are you so insistent that everybody in college basketball cheats? Do you know anyone that plays college basketball? Coaches college basketball? Have you ever met someone that took money? Or is this all based off of a few reports and a certainty that that’s simply the way it is? I’m genuinely curious - I’ve never seen someone so confident that a system is entirely corrupt. Paying players isn’t that easy to hide, there are money trails, and taxes, and a lot of people who’s sole jobs are to make sure that this doesn’t happen. Besides, that seems to be a really pessimistic view of the morality of the majority of the world.

And sure, the definition of a handler isn’t rigid but to act like a father influencing his son’s decisions is a bad thing is ridiculous. We’re all influenced by our parents. What has ever given you the indication that Kerwin’s father has influenced him beyond the measure of a normal father or with any sort of self-interest? I’ve heard no indication that that’s true.

Why are you so insistent that everybody in college basketball cheats? Do you know anyone that plays college basketball? Coaches college basketball? Have you ever met someone that took money? Or is this all based off of a few reports and a certainty that that’s simply the way it is? I’m genuinely curious - I’ve never seen someone so confident that a system is entirely corrupt. Paying players isn’t that easy to hide, there are money trails, and taxes, and a lot of people who’s sole jobs are to make sure that this doesn’t happen. Besides, that seems to be a really pessimistic view of the morality of the majority of the world.

And sure, the definition of a handler isn’t rigid but to act like a father influencing his son’s decisions is a bad thing is ridiculous. We’re all influenced by our parents. What has ever given you the indication that Kerwin’s father has influenced him beyond the measure of a normal father or with any sort of self-interest? I’ve heard no indication that that’s true.
He saw it on a TV show once

Top Bottom