All Things Kerwin Walton Recruitment Thread (Class of 2020)

Especially on Good Friday.

We’re not doing the Good Friday thing again, as that is irrelevant.

As previously stated—Jesus wasn’t crucified in in the spring. If you want to recognize the crucifixion and rising from the tomb, head on over to October.

Christian holidays were set to align with Pagan holidays. Jesus’ birth is probably around this time. Not in December.

I have some questions?

How do basketball transfers from UNC adjust to having to go to real classes at another school? Do any of their credits from UNC transfer or do they have to go through a freshman orientation at the new school? Does the new school have to hire a special tutor for the former UNC players?

So I haven’t seen Walton play much for a couple years. Here and there but not watching as much high school ball as I use to.

How tall is Kerwin? I see he is listed at 6’5” on some sites. But I thought it was like 6’7-6’8”. is the hair misleading?

I have some questions?

How do basketball transfers from UNC adjust to having to go to real classes at another school? Do any of their credits from UNC transfer or do they have to go through a freshman orientation at the new school? Does the new school have to hire a special tutor for the former UNC players?

Credits definitely transfer. Basket weaving is a life skill.

We’re not doing the Good Friday thing again, as that is irrelevant.

As previously stated—Jesus wasn’t crucified in in the spring. If you want to recognize the crucifixion and rising from the tomb, head on over to October.

Christian holidays were set to align with Pagan holidays. Jesus’ birth is probably around this time. Not in December.
If one looks at the birth of John the Baptist as a reference point for when Jesus was born we arrive at a December birth. One needs to find the lunar month that Zechariah (John's father) was serving in the temple and from there we arrive at a June birthday for him. We have that Elizabeth, John's mother, was six-months further along than Mary which is how we get to December. Regardless, believe what you want and I apologize that the bringing up of Good Friday necessitated your response.

Hmmm- we might be his pick in the end, but he is still waiting for something it appears to me.
North Carolina has 5 frosh coming in already, one of them a 6-7 SF. Is Walton still waiting on them?

I'm not feelin' great about Arizona just having Green enter the draft, and Williams talking to him a couple a days ago with the transfer opening now. Now he's ready to make his decision...Idk

I'm not feelin' great about Arizona just having Green enter the draft, and Williams talking to him a couple a days ago with the transfer opening now. Now he's ready to make his decision...Idk
I get it. He was never coming to Minnesota from day one.

Reactions: Go4

I’d be more worried about UNC. Bossi picked them and they just freed a scholarship

I’d be more worried about UNC. Bossi picked them and they just freed a scholarship
Yes, but my guess is that he doesn't have the NC offer yet. Does Roy want to bring in 6 frosh or is there a transfer that NC is thinking about? My concern for the Gophers is that Walton makes us wait and we lose Peterson during that time frame...

In comparing Kerwin Walton and Drew Peterson:

By all accounts, the ceiling is higher for Walton. But the floor is also much lower because the floor for Walton would be no floor at all if he doesn't come here, which I think is still the most likely outcome.

I like Peterson's skill set. I like how he led his team in rebounding and assists from the wing. I don't know when Peterson wants to commit (and maybe he's in no rush either so this might be a moot point), but if he expresses a willingness to commit now then I would jump at that rather than wait two more weeks for a possible kiss from Walton.

In comparing Kerwin Walton and Drew Peterson:

By all accounts, the ceiling is higher for Walton. But the floor is also much lower because the floor for Walton would be no floor at all if he doesn't come here, which I think is still the most likely outcome.

I like Peterson's skill set. I like how he led his team in rebounding and assists from the wing. I don't know when Peterson wants to commit (and maybe he's in no rush either so this might be a moot point), but if he expresses a willingness to commit now then I would jump at that rather than wait two more weeks for a possible kiss from Walton.
I gotta think Pitino has a better read on what his chances with Walton are. If he thinks we are still a realistic chance (>30%?) I think it's worth it to hold out for him.

I can't imagine what Walton is still evaluating about the programs at this point other than watching to see what happens with guys declaring for the draft (Green in AZ), last second commits (O'Connell to Creighton) or a space being made for him (Huffman leaving UNC). I don't blame him at all for waiting. His talent has afforded him that luxury and it will benefit him.

That said if Pitino gets the sense he is just stringing us along as a fallback and now that some of those situations have not broken our way he is unlikely to come here, I would take Peterson now. I just feel like we have watched this movie too many times.

I have some questions?

In response to COVID, UNC has lowered their admission standards for the next three years. I'm not being sarcastic here, they literally downgraded their admission standards for three years. They must be having a lot of trouble getting students to apply.

In response to COVID, UNC has lowered their admission standards for the next three years. I'm not being sarcastic here, they literally downgraded their admission standards for three years. They must be having a lot of trouble getting students to apply.

Athletic admission standards aren’t the same as the general schools admission standards. Guessing the standards for athletes are already low enough

So I haven’t seen Walton play much for a couple years. Here and there but not watching as much high school ball as I use to.

How tall is Kerwin? I see he is listed at 6’5” on some sites. But I thought it was like 6’7-6’8”. is the hair misleading?

asking again to see if anyone has insight.

Interesting talk on the Arizona 247 board. Last week, Walton was a lock to commit there. Now, they're pretty confident he's NOT going there and they're getting a transfer wing. UNC has two 4-star wings committed and he's not likely to be a starter there. He controls his own destiny with the Gophers.

Yes, but my guess is that he doesn't have the NC offer yet. Does Roy want to bring in 6 frosh or is there a transfer that NC is thinking about? My concern for the Gophers is that Walton makes us wait and we lose Peterson during that time frame...

I think you take Peterson if he is willing to commit. I don't want another situation where we end up giving our 13th scholarship to a walk-on.

Wertz decides today - hopefully Tar Heels.

Top Bottom